Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yachting to Somalia

Jets Insider VIP

Yachting to Somalia

[URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/23/earlyshow/main20035245.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.1"]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/23/earlyshow/main20035245.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.1[/URL]

First off, RIP to the victims, but who the hell goes sailing anywhere near the Somalian coast? Am I missing something? Isn't there like a ship a day hijacked close to there?

[QUOTE=Peebag;3965951][URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/23/earlyshow/main20035245.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.1"]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/23/earlyshow/main20035245.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.1[/URL]

First off, RIP to the victims, but who the hell goes sailing anywhere near the Somalian coast? Am I missing something? Isn't there like a ship a day hijacked close to there?[/QUOTE]

They were "adventurous".

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3965951]First off, RIP to the victims, but who the hell goes sailing anywhere near the Somalian coast? Am I missing something? Isn't there like a ship a day hijacked close to there?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was saying the same thing in a different thread but was told that people shouldn't worry about that stuff when they're going around the world and looking at majestic scenery.
    :rolleyes:

The Somali's were probably thinking that they would bring America to it's knees by killing four of our most beloved citizens.

Meanwhile, we're like...who cares? They were stupid for being there in the first place.

What amazes me is that the US Navy, NATO, India, China, the whole civilized world's navies can control these pirates? Not just this case, but all of the other hijacked ships. Why should any country pay for a navy if they are not up to this simple task?

All League
    Somali pirates dont care about bibles.

The lesson here is to always have a tasteful (well stocked, not a cheap variety) fruit basket, or assorted cookie tray, handy on these sailing excursions. I'm sure that if they had just presented the pirates with either of these items, a show of good faith and friendship, they would have been allowed to proceed on their voyage unharmed.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;3965958]They were "adventurous".[/QUOTE]

I thought "adventurous" was sailing to Newport.

Don't I feel like a wuss.

_

Board Moderator
    Blame the girl for getting raped because she dressed like a slut

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3966013]I thought "adventurous" was sailing to Newport.

Don't I feel like a wuss.

_[/QUOTE]
    Newport is adventurous when you fly there at night. Well, almost fly there.

Sincerely,

John John

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3966033]Newport is adventurous when you fly there at night. Well, almost fly there.

Sincerely,

John John[/QUOTE]

He would have done better to fly to Newport.

Martha's Vineyard?

That'll leave a mark.

:D

_

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3965993]What amazes me is that the US Navy, NATO, India, China, the whole civilized world's navies can control these pirates? Not just this case, but all of the other hijacked ships. Why should any country pay for a navy if they are not up to this simple task?[/QUOTE]

The oceans are very very very very big.

[QUOTE=Ha Ha Ha;3966018]Blame the girl for getting raped because she dressed like a slut[/QUOTE]

More like blaming the girl for going to the National Rapist Convention dressed like a slut.

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;3966041]More like blaming the girl for going to the National Rapist Convention dressed like a slut.[/QUOTE]

LOL...so true.

BTW, if you google "National Rapist Convention" this is the first pic to come up:

[IMG]http://image64.webshots.com/64/0/53/75/418205375LDUuej_ph.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like true Hampurites :D

All League
    Boo...it won't show up. Oh well...

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_khxwvnm2EKk/TS2mi_rJEDI/AAAAAAAAKfI/e12_XqBLcUw/s1600/rapist_fail_500_346_100.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=FF2;3966041]More like blaming the girl for going to the National Rapist Convention dressed like a slut.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha.

(RIP, btw)

No one deserves what happened to them the way it did, but certainly the whole situation deserves some scrutiny.

Distribution of bibles?

Sailing close to Somalia, as mentioned?

Two pirates already dead when SEAL teams boarded the ship?

One pirate killed by knife?

There are so many questions I have about all of this.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=John_0515;3966095]Two pirates already dead when SEAL teams boarded the ship?

[/QUOTE]

The smart pirates.

"yo...thats a battleship you stupid *****s....word.

Throw these cracka mutha ****as off this joint right nah, pops, for real.

Yo, you aint hear me? You stu..

:(

:eek:

[QUOTE=32green;3966113]The smart pirates.

"yo...thats a battleship you stupid *****s....word.

Throw these cracka mutha ****as off this joint right nah, pops, for real.

Yo, you aint hear me? You stu..

:(

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Can you tell us suburbanites what that all meant? :(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3965993]What amazes me is that the US Navy, NATO, India, China, the whole civilized world's navies can control these pirates? Not just this case, but all of the other hijacked ships. Why should any country pay for a navy if they are not up to this simple task?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2;3966040]The oceans are very very very very big.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

They're attacking further and further away from the coast. Combing the ocean looking for tiny motor boats is almost useless.