Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rep. Ron Paul raises $700,000 in 24 hours

All Pro

Talking Rep. Ron Paul raises $700,000 in 24 hours

Who else is running against Obama? How much have they raised lately? Why wasn't this made so public on the MSM and FOX?

Rep. Ron Paul has launched his first “moneybomb” of the year and it seems it has netted the Texas Republican nearly $700,000 in just twenty-four hours.

Mr. Paul, who has utilized the political campaign fundraising tactic in past years, launched the “moneybomb” on President’s Day. Mr. Paul pioneered the online fundraising technique during his 2008 presidential run, and yesterday’s impressive haul shows he still has a significant base of support.

The fundraising comes as the Texas Republican continues to feed speculation that he will run for president in 2012. Mr. Paul has said he is considering a run for president, however, this is the clearest sign to date that he is preparing to launch his campaign.

LibertyPAC promoted the fundraiser on its website, saying it was meant as a sign of support for Mr. Paul.

Mr. Paul, who will travel to New Hampshire towards the end of March, won the annual CPAC presidential straw poll earlier this month.
    http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...#ixzz1EpVVctsx

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the republicans are hoping for a miracle candidate that doesn't exist

the "generic Republican" that out-polls Obama by 3% in certain polls.

i actually like Ron Paul on alot of issues... they could do alot worse. He's easily the best of a bad bunch. no way he'd be a W. Bush style human disaster if elected.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

i actually like Ron Paul on alot of issues... they could do alot worse. He's easily the best of a bad bunch. no way he'd be a W. Bush style human disaster if elected.
    He just brings us back to basics. Just like slimming down the play book (Schotty)

Wonder how much the other r's raised this week

All Pro
    My vote in '12, no question.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    ron pauls congressional speech on the eve of the Iraq war was a thing of beauty.

Rookie

+1. He takes an interesting stand on the Fed Reserve by asking for some accountability which I find extremely refreshing. I just hope he doesnt cowtail to corporate interests like his son did to get the nomination.

Rookie
    Would Ron even receive the nomination from the Republican party? I was under the impression that he would be forced to run as an independent.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Same story, different day.

Paul (just like in the past) will raise alot of money, and be (effectively) out of the race by the halfway point of the primaries. He has zero chance of winning the Republican nomination.

I too like some of Paul's ideals. But given the system we operate under, and the stranglehold of certain groups over the Republican Party, and the "open" primaries of many early States (which allow all sorts of cross-party hijinks), Paul has no chance in hell.

So please, spare us the same endless Ron Paul threads of 2008. You're only going to wind up dissapointed again when he fails again.

All Pro
    Ron Paul threads ensure that the truth gets to the public

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Ron Paul threads ensure that the truth gets to the public
    +1

Paul's campaigns are never a disappointment to me. They give me hope for the future.

Fish, you rail against bitoni for sticking by party lines, then you come here and you say you like Ron Paul, but that he should be ignored because he's not capable of winning the GOP nomination. Really?

A third voice in this country is sorely needed. Otherwise, we'll have to live with the same tired, endless tug of war between the left and the right. Same topics, same opinions, same non-answers. And if you don't pick a side, you lose. As a candidate, and worse, as a voter - you lose. The one thing Dems and Reps will always agree on - they rely on each other to maintain the see-saw of control. They like it this way, and they don't want anything fresh to come along and screw it up for them.

I will vote for Ron Paul knowing that he will undoubtedly lose. But I will be proud of my candidate and my vote. The momentum needs to start somewhere.

All League
    A comatose Ron Paul would be better then the jackass in the white house now!

All Pro
    Ron Paul continues to shake the foundation of the status quo. Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    +1

Paul's campaigns are never a disappointment to me. They give me hope for the future.

Fish, you rail against bitoni for sticking by party lines, then you come here and you say you like Ron Paul, but that he should be ignored because he's not capable of winning the GOP nomination. Really?

A third voice in this country is sorely needed. Otherwise, we'll have to live with the same tired, endless tug of war between the left and the right. Same topics, same opinions, same non-answers. And if you don't pick a side, you lose. As a candidate, and worse, as a voter - you lose. The one thing Dems and Reps will always agree on - they rely on each other to maintain the see-saw of control. They like it this way, and they don't want anything fresh to come along and screw it up for them.

I will vote for Ron Paul knowing that he will undoubtedly lose. But I will be proud of my candidate and my vote. The momentum needs to start somewhere.
    Yup, done voting for the lesser douche every 4 years.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Same story, different day.

Paul (just like in the past) will raise alot of money, and be (effectively) out of the race by the halfway point of the primaries. He has zero chance of winning the Republican nomination.

I too like some of Paul's ideals. But given the system we operate under, and the stranglehold of certain groups over the Republican Party, and the "open" primaries of many early States (which allow all sorts of cross-party hijinks), Paul has no chance in hell.

So please, spare us the same endless Ron Paul threads of 2008. You're only going to wind up dissapointed again when he fails again.
    I wasn't in JI in 2008 but I well remember the times. you are right that RP wasn't taken seriously in 08. He was kinda like Kucinich on the other side. But the 2008 analogy fails in this case because this isn't 2012, this is still 2011 and a lot of people are already talking about him.

I also see cross-party hyjinks potentially helping RP, not hurting him. Hyjinks are more likely to damage Romney types.

All Pro
    Good to see the B. Hussein-enablers convening early...a "dollar" for your thoughts..chocolate-filled-the only chocolate he likes!

Hall Of Fame
    no way he'd be a DumBama style human disaster if elected.
    fixed, for accuracy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Best reason to vote for Ron Paul: JSJ and his ilk desipse him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    fixed, for accuracy
    I think you dropped these...........

Banned
    I love how some people are naive enough to think Ron Paul has an actual shot of becoming the republican nominee. There's a better chance of the sun colliding with the moon than Ron Paul becoming the republican nominee for President. He's opposed to the neoconservative, oil company and Wall Street interests which control the GOP. The nominee is going to be Mitt "The Flip-Flopper" Romney - unless someone like Jeb Bust throws his hat into the ring unexpectedly but I think if he does it will be as Romney's running mate.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I love how some people are naive enough to think Ron Paul has an actual shot of becoming the republican nominee. There's a better chance of the sun colliding with the moon than Ron Paul becoming the republican nominee for President. He's opposed to the neoconservative, oil company and Wall Street interests which control the GOP. The nominee is going to be Mitt "The Flip-Flopper" Romney - unless someone like Jeb Bust throws his hat into the ring unexpectedly but I think if he does it will be as Romney's running mate.
    Did you even bother to read any of this thread before you posted this?