Thread: WR Baldwin to train with Revis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow WR Baldwin to train with Revis.

If we lose Edwards, Revis would be able to give the Jets brass a first hand rundown on Baldwin and if he can play.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...darrelle-revis

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not losing Edwards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    We're not losing Edwards.

I hope not. But if we do Baldwin could fit in at a much lower price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't need another Mevis, amirite!?!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Baldwin a lot. I know he grabbed a girls butt on a bus and he expressed frustration from how he was being used with not having a qb to get him the ball. But I can overlook that, to get this kid. 6-5, huge body destroys the press at the LOS, you bump this guy at the LOS and he will knock the corner off his stride. I am so hoping that he is there at 28 or 33.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I like Baldwin a lot. I know he grabbed a girls butt on a bus and he expressed frustration from how he was being used with not having a qb to get him the ball. But I can overlook that, to get this kid. 6-5, huge body destroys the press at the LOS, you bump this guy at the LOS and he will knock the corner off his stride. I am so hoping that he is there at 28 or 33.
    I'm so hoping that we don't have the need to pick a WR in the first round...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is a WR ever going to practice catching the ball if he can't shake the CB?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Losing Edwards" makes no sense....

IF there is a season at all, Edwards is a UFA. He would be the one to sign, because Holmes is a RFA, and get get us valuable picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to know what Revis really thinks of Baldwin as a player after these training sessions are over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Agreed that it shouldn't be predicated on need. However, . . .

Picking a WR at #30 is more of a second round pick than a bona-fide 1st. Personal opinion, but there usually is a drop off in talent after the 25th pick. Plucking a WR in that area or after seems like a great value pack if the talent drops and is there (Randy Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Dez Bryant) Would taking a Green or Jones seem seem like a bad pick at 30? that would be a flat out HEIST.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Chad Jackson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    "Losing Edwards" makes no sense....

IF there is a season at all, Edwards is a UFA. He would be the one to sign, because Holmes is a RFA, and get get us valuable picks.
    How is Holmes a RFA? His contract is over. Why do you think the jets were interested in tagging him? and if he is a RFA how does he get you picks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Chad Jackson.
    Where do you see the similarities?

I see simularities to Vincent Jackson. Chad worked out of the spread in college and could never adapt to the pro game. Pitt under Wanny ran a proset

Chad was only 6-1 tops and had no physicality to his game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    The jets are going to sign on of the guys either holmes or Edwards, that will eliminate the need for a 1st rd WR. I doubt BB sees the need to draft a 1sr wr also. I actually think moss comes back.