Thread: And the Hampur Award for Best Picture goes to....

And the Hampur Award for Best Picture goes to....

I haven't seen all the nominees but my top 3 choices in order are...

King's Speech
    Social Network
    Black Swan

Didn't love True Grit, but it's hard to top John Freakin' Wayne in a western. Inception was cool, but not worthy for best pic, and The Fghter was pretty good too, but I just can't take Marky Mark too seriously.

Am I the only one who thought the Social Network sucked?

The story is just not compelling to me.

The little prick improved MySpace. :confused:

[QUOTE=FF2®;3967739]Am I the only one who thought the Social Network sucked?

The story is just not compelling to me.

The little prick improved MySpace. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, there's something compelling about a stroy of a 20 year old geek becoming a multi-billionaire with an FU attitude.
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 02-26-2011 at 07:50 PM.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3967736]I haven't seen all the nominees but my top 3 choices in order are...

King's Speech
    Social Network
    Black Swan

Didn't love True Grit, [B]but it's hard to top John Freakin' Wayne in a western.[/B] Inception was cool, but not worthy for best pic, and The Fghter was pretty good too, but I just can't take Marky Mark too seriously.[/QUOTE]

I always found Wayne goofy, over the top, and completely unbelievable. The icons for me are Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3967749]I always found Wayne goofy, over the top, and completely unbelievable. The icons for me are Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef.[/QUOTE]

My grandfather - God rest his soul - was a huge Cagney fan and I aways gave him sh1t for Yankee Doodle Dandy, but he stuck to his guns. Gotta give you ups for Eastwood and add Gary Cooper.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I didnt see any of the movies, but based on a commercial I saw I give it The Fighter because gritty CHowdish MYstic River type movies seem to be good.

They should do one about WHitey Bulger and cast a Nicholson type in the leading role.

:dunno:
    -

Jets Insider VIP
    this really is a special type of patsie ghey....

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3967750]My grandfather - God rest his soul - was a huge Cagney fan and I aways gave him sh1t for Yankee Doodle Dandy, but he stuck to his guns. Gotta give you ups for Eastwood and [B]add Gary Cooper.[/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking about my comment last night and Cooper popped to mind. He definitely belongs. Well done.

BTW, no one could touch Cagney and Bogie in the gangster genre.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3967906]I was thinking about my comment last night and Cooper popped to mind. He definitely belongs. Well done.

[B]BTW, no one could touch Cagney and Bogie in the gangster genre[/B].[/QUOTE]

Na-huh. You forgot about this guy...

[IMG]http://www.otrstreet.com/edward_robinson.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;3967921]Na-huh. You forgot about this guy...[/QUOTE]

Did not get, Edward G. I appreciate the guy's talent, but just like John Wayne, always seemed like a caricature to me.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 02-27-2011 at 12:16 PM.

All League
    The King's Speech will win Best Picture in a landslide.

I'm temped to say Fincher will win Best Director for The Social Network. That movie was put together amazingly.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3967940]The King's Speech will win Best Picture in a landslide.

I'm temped to say Fincher will win Best Director for The Social Network. That movie was put together amazingly.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.uwcm.org/uwcm/templates/uwcm_home/images/facebook_like.png[/IMG]

Banned
    The fighter should win it yes i'm a homer.

King's Speech
    The Fighter
    Black Swan
    Social Network

Haven't seen True Grit.

[QUOTE=Polidore22;3967954]King's Speech
    The Fighter
    Black Swan
    Social Network

Haven't seen True Grit.[/QUOTE]

You're Power Rankings® suck.

All League
    Only saw True Grit and Social Network, and the few videos Borgo posted of Natalie Portman and Mila making out in Black Swan :drool: but I bet it will come down to the Kings Speech.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3967985]You're Power Rankings® suck.[/QUOTE]

Your

Jets Insider VIP
    Saw all of them except The Black Swan and The Kings Speech. I'd give it to Inception, but it'll never win because A) it's a sci-fi film and B) the best movie usually never wins.

Social Network was okay, but I didn't see the big deal. It appealed to so many people because everyone and their grandmother is on Facebook these days.

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;3967991]Only saw True Grit and Social Network, and the few videos Borgo posted of Natalie Portman and Mila making out in Black Swan :drool: but I bet it will come down to the Kings Speech.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think it was more than "making out", 2mile. :D The best part of that clip is seeing Mila wipe her mouth after venturing "down under" on Portman. If I ever saw the two of them going at it for real, I'd probably have an orgasm-induced stroke. Or stroke to orgasm, which ever came (pun intended) first.

All League
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3968018]Oh, I think it was more than "making out", 2mile. :D The best part of that clip is seeing Mila wipe her mouth after venturing "down under" on Portman. If I ever saw the two of them going at it for real, I'd probably have an orgasm-induced stroke. Or stroke to orgasm, which ever came (pun intended) first.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Juno_Beach/gifs/tumblr_lfba9jraen1qzozj1.gif[/IMG]