Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Bits prediction was right...Paea

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about this guy at DE 6-1 305 is a good frame for a DE in our system

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if Jones can run 4.39 at 220 and Green runs 4.5 at 211 it's not a contest who is more valuable in draft terms.
    That doesn't even make sense.....Who is more "valuable" in draft terms, or in any other term, is simply who projects for your team as the better NFL player.....Of course combine stats are part of that equation, but AJ Green doesn't suddenly become a worse player if he was better on the field before the combine

I think both players will be awesome in the pros.....I just argue that if you liked AJ Green's game more, it's dumb to suddenly flip flop because of a decimal place running in shorts or 2 more inches in a vertical leap

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You really think Jones will go ahead of Green?
    That would be a real stretch man

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    read again plz "better athlete" not "better football player"

if Jones can run 4.39 at 220 and Green runs 4.5 at 211 it's not a contest who is more valuable in draft terms.

That doesn't mean Green is worse football player (Jerry Rice ran a 4.6) but everything in the draft has value and the workout Julio Jones put in today basically guarantees he gets drafted higher.
    speaking of sheep...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 02-28-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Green's the better player now, but I don't think it's a slam dunk that Green ends up the better NFL player. Green will be picked first because he's the more polished freak first round WR.

I really like Jones' potential at the NFL level though...but who doesn't, right? He's got Andre Johnson type measurables and he was a damn good player for a top college program coached by a former NFL coach...and a good NFL coach too...I could see some team reaching in the top ten....by the time he gets to 11 I could see me calling him a steal anyway...it's not like this draft is loaded at the top.
    here's the difference between someone who watches game film year round and someone who makes the comment before the season starts "how can you rate guys when you never saw them play?" or someone who talks about a WAC defender when another poster mentions brooks reed two months ago yet is now all over Brooks Reed....

this was not unexpected by julio jones.....the problem is, compared to AJ Green, he doesn't always show it on the field and is not as valuable to his team....

Green was the georgia offense and was money on the field....jones was good, then bad, then soft, then inconsistent....he may be .06 slower than jones on the watch but guess when- he's a second fast on the field and more important- plays to it every down....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not exactly sure what the teams are trying to measure by seeing how many times the prospects can bench 225. Once you get past 15 reps, aren't you really measuring the guys endurance rather than his maximal strength or his power?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    .I just argue that if you liked AJ Green's game more, it's dumb to suddenly flip flop because of a decimal place running in shorts or 2 more inches in a vertical leap
    I had Julio Jones as my #1 WR over A.J. Green for several weeks. It's ok for rankings to disagree with mock draft but I think in this case Julio will clearly be drafted first.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I had Julio Jones as my #1 WR over A.J. Green for several weeks. It's ok for rankings to disagree with mock draft but I think in this case Julio will clearly be drafted first.
    well, you said he is "basically guaranteed" to be drafted first. That's just silly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    well, you said he is "basically guaranteed" to be drafted first. That's just silly.
    call me silly, im guaranteeing it. speed size ratio dictates draft value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    here's the difference between someone who watches game film year round and someone who makes the comment before the season starts "how can you rate guys when you never saw them play?" or someone who talks about a WAC defender when another poster mentions brooks reed two months ago yet is now all over Brooks Reed....

this was not unexpected by julio jones.....the problem is, compared to AJ Green, he doesn't always show it on the field and is not as valuable to his team....

Green was the georgia offense and was money on the field....jones was good, then bad, then soft, then inconsistent....he may be .06 slower than jones on the watch but guess when- he's a second fast on the field and more important- plays to it every down....
    Yeah I'm not sure bit was going on much of a limb saying that Jones would work out extremely better at the combine...that was pretty much a given...I lean Jones because I like big body WRs and I think his college's offense held him back a little because they were so running dominant...Green also got to play his college ball with an elite QB prospect and another pretty good one...obviously Green is the better player now but 2-3 years into the NFL I think I'll still be looking at the two to see what's going on there...it's one of my favorite questions in this draft because it's such a close "match."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    julio jones has elite production in a running offense. this isn't like Demaryius Thomas running a 4.3 with no production. Jones and Green were both instant starters in the SEC, both play makers as true freshman and were 1 and 1A ranked before the combine. They had Green as a top 5 pick and Jones as a top 15. that's swapped... and with good reason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh and by the way CBNy, that dude from the WAC just ran a 4.6... and I was there in Fairhope watching Brooks Reed beat Derek Sherrod twice in pit drills. Don't imply that I "stole" liking Brooks Reed from you, cause I got on the plane and saw it with my own eyes.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and by the way CBNy, that dude from the WAC just ran a 4.6... and I was there in Fairhope watching Brooks Reed beat Derek Sherrod twice in pit drills. Don't imply that I "stole" liking Brooks Reed from you, cause I got on the plane and saw it with my own eyes.
    "stole him from me"?? are you in the third fukin grade???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what are the Jets going to do with a 6-1/305lbs DT??
    make him a 3-4 DE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    call me silly, im guaranteeing it. speed size ratio dictates draft value.
    It wasn't gonna happen before, and it certainly won't happen now.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/28/jone...foot-fracture/

On the other hand, it is a nice thing for you to fall back on when he doesn't go before Green.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It wasn't gonna happen before, and it certainly won't happen now.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/28/jone...foot-fracture/

On the other hand, it is a nice thing for you to fall back on when he doesn't go before Green.
    if he ran a 4.39 with a broken foot what can he run healthy? it also says alot about his toughness.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "stole him from me"?? are you in the third fukin grade???
    You two should just get in a cage and settle everything. The website can sponsor the event.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick Peterson 4.32

Whoever Buster Skrine is .... he just ran a 4.29
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is virtually no chance that jones goes before Green, but I think the jones will be the better NFL player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    julio jones has elite production in a running offense. this isn't like Demaryius Thomas running a 4.3 with no production. Jones and Green were both instant starters in the SEC, both play makers as true freshman and were 1 and 1A ranked before the combine. They had Green as a top 5 pick and Jones as a top 15. that's swapped... and with good reason.
    Bit what is the rumble about Jones needing a foot operation?