Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Defensive Line

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    btw- the guy who looked really impressive though he did not run well was sione fua/stanford...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Brooks Reed did well it seems
    Agreed. He looks good on gamefilm and delivered at the combine - would be a solid pickup in the 1st for the Jets. Man wish we had a 2nd round pick as well so we could pick up one of the excellent DL prospects that will be available then

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    just got back...

    absolutely amazing group of athletes today; both d-line/lb....i would say the number of d-linemen that ran under 5-seconds out-numbered those who did not 3-to-1....also looked terrific in drills....

    Robert Quinn looks like he has not missed a beat....Aldon Smith looked sensational in DL/LB drills and the kid from Rice also looked incredibly athletic...

    by the way much ado- forget about Ellis...he ran a 5.3 then faked an injury to get out of drills...not good...
    CB, one of these DL/LB studs is going to be there for the Jets, right?

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    CB, one of these DL/LB studs is going to be there for the Jets, right?
    i'm staying with my August prediction- Christian Ballard...

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    on a sour note jeremy beal ran awful (5.17/5.17) and Lawrence Guy looked heavy and non-explosive...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    on a sour note jeremy beal ran awful (5.17/5.17) and Lawrence Guy looked heavy and non-explosive...
    How did Brooks Reed look? Solid first rounder now? I think Reed, Quinn and Aldon Smith will be good. But I think Reed will be the only one there for the taking.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How did Brooks Reed look? Solid first rounder now? I think Reed, Quinn and Aldon Smith will be good. But I think Reed will be the only one there for the taking.
    Reed was fast but struggled in LB drills- not fluid and very mechanical...Smith was terrific, looks like he played OLB all his life...Quinn was fukin amazing- never missed a beat...

    remember the name Cheta Ozougwu/Rice around the 4th frame....

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    Justin Houston 6'3 270lbs!!!! He still ran 4.63 but I wonder why he came in at 270? I would have liked to see him at 255-260.
    he looked awful in linebacker drills...slow, stiff and constantly had to be stopped by coaches and corrected as he could not get the drills right...

    =

    one gap DE....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Reed was fast but struggled in LB drills- not fluid and very mechanical...Smith was terrific, looks like he played OLB all his life...Quinn was fukin amazing- never missed a beat...

    remember the name Cheta Ozougwu/Rice around the 4th frame....
    CB, what do you think after today, 2nd or 3rd round grade for Reed? That is definitely a position that needs to be filled. whether it will be round 1 or 3 is the question....

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesangleton View Post
    CB, what do you think after today, 2nd or 3rd round grade for Reed? That is definitely a position that needs to be filled. whether it will be round 1 or 3 is the question....
    42 is the latest he goes. If anyone drafts him in the first it would be GB to bookend him with Matthews

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    he looked awful in linebacker drills...slow, stiff and constantly had to be stopped by coaches and corrected as he could not get the drills right...

    =

    one gap DE....
    Is that a surprise? He looked lost in space at UGA too, no?

    I wouldn't trust Brooks Reed in coverage either, but I think he will definitely be a guy who can get some sacks.

  12. #32
    We're going to miss that 2nd rounder of ours this year I tell ya.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    btw- the guy who looked really impressive though he did not run well was sione fua/stanford...
    He was outstanding in a bowl game i watched. Was he in the senior bowl? The guy was in the backfield the whole game.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I think my Wilkerson is becoming my favorite DL in this draft, even over Heyward. Both of those guys could change this D IMO...I wish Cam Jordan didn't destroy this draft process so thoroughly...

    Even with the strong 40 Ballard at 6'4 283 is kind of disappointing...I remember when I first heard of him and Googled him he was 6'6 295...then he started shrinking...Heyward managed to have this not happen to him as he came in with the very respectable 6'5 295.
    You have to remember he is not auditioning just for 3-4 teams, The jets and the pats can ask him to put 10-15 lbs on , the maybe he runs a 4.8 or so.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,467
    never seen a group of lb/dl this athletic. incredible class of athletes this year.

  16. #36
    I read they had Beal with an UDFA grade at this time.....crazy. Id take a shot in 7th if thats the case.

    CB....how did Herzlich look? I saw his 40 wasnt great, but am hoping for the best for him. I think he could be a real asset at ILB for us, given his size, effort and character.

    4th round??

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,205

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    he looked awful in linebacker drills...slow, stiff and constantly had to be stopped by coaches and corrected as he could not get the drills right...

    =

    one gap DE....
    Yeah he looked a little stiff in the drills I watched on TV. But whoever drafts him wont be taking him because he is good or bad in coverage. Hes a pass rusher and I think he will be a good one.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I read they had Beal with an UDFA grade at this time.....crazy. Id take a shot in 7th if thats the case.

    CB....how did Herzlich look? I saw his 40 wasnt great, but am hoping for the best for him. I think he could be a real asset at ILB for us, given his size, effort and character.

    4th round??
    7th round, may not get drafted at all....tough to watch and sad to say....ran in the 4.9's and can't move laterally...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    7th round, may not get drafted at all....tough to watch and sad to say....ran in the 4.9's and can't move laterally...
    Geezus....thats tough to read as a BC grad. Just love the guy and he was an awesome player before he got sick.

    Blinded a bit by my homerism, but I gotta think he can get it together and be a contributer somehow. Wanted to compare his speed issue to Spikes last year, but i just looked and even the "slow" spikes ran 4.76.

    If he is there in the 7th, I hope we pull the trigger...even as a character guy and special teamer.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    It looks like these guys have 1st round grades from some experts.

    Marcel Dareus
    Nick Fairley
    Robert Quinn
    DaQuan Bowers
    Cam Jordan
    Aldon Smith
    Ryan Kerrigan
    Cam Heyward
    JJ Watt
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Adrian Clayborn
    Christian Ballard
    Corey Luiget
    Marvin Austin
    Phil Taylor
    Stephen Paea

    Obviously not all will go in the 1st and the top 6-7 are pretty much a lock to go top 20.

    Which will be "over drafted" like Alualu last year? I feel like after missing a whole season and then coming out and blowing up the Shrine Game/Combine, someone will take Marvin Austin early.

    Who will fall and be available at 30? I'd like to see JJ Watt still there when the Jets pick.

    Is there anyone else who I missed?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us