Thread: More Civilians Killed Last Year in One Mexican Border Town Than All Afghanistan ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Arrow More Civilians Killed Last Year in One Mexican Border Town Than All Afghanistan ~ ~ ~

All League
    That's nuthin'!

Heck, the city of Chicago, run by Democrats, probably has more murders than either Afghanistan or any Mexican border town.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    That's nuthin'!

Heck, the city of Chicago, run by Democrats, probably has more murders than either Afghanistan or any Mexican border town.

Thats nuthin' neither!

Heck, the country of Iraq, invaded by a republican president and republican controlled congress, has more civilian deaths then either. Ah, at least we got those WMDs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Thats nuthin' neither!

Heck, the country of Iraq, invaded by a republican president and republican controlled congress, has more civilian deaths then either. Ah, at least we got those WMDs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCVZlLBchVE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    ...and that explains why Barack Obama is president and not Hillary Clinton. That vote for the war in Iraq cost her the Democratic nomination, and likely the presidancy. I bet she has nightmares about it.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 03-03-2011 at 09:58 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Thats nuthin' neither!

In the interest of intellectual integrity, it should be pointed out that the vast, vast majority of "civillian deaths" in Iraq since the US Action began have been due to Iraqi-on-Iraqi/Arab-on-Arab sectarian religious-based violence.

Those deaths are not, as some might like to think, our responsabillity or fault, no matter what party is currently in power.

On another note, it's always enjoyable to see the same old political tactics in use. In this case the ever-entertaining "change the subject, and attack!" tactic.

So now, instead of discussing the southern border, the drug cartels, and illegal immigration, some are talking about GW Bush the Civillian'killin War Criminal.

Isn't politics fun?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Isn't politics fun?
    No.

It's extremely frustrating and maddening. Yet I can't stay away.

I pine for the days when I didn't give a sh*t.

JetsInsider.com Legend

So now, instead of discussing the southern border, the drug cartels, and illegal immigration
    so lets talk about it... wouldn't the libertarian stance be something like legalize all drugs and prostitution, and therefore the cartels don't have a source of income? i could get behind that... I dont know what libertarians think about immegration but wouldn't they support corporations being able to hire whoever they want, at any price the free market dictates?

neither major party would support that tho and that's why the tea party/libertarians are not the same as the GOP.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so lets talk about it... wouldn't the libertarian stance be something like legalize all drugs and prostitution, and therefore the cartels don't have a source of income? i could get behind that... I dont know what libertarians think about immegration but wouldn't they support corporations being able to hire whoever they want, at any price the free market dictates?

neither major party would support that tho and that's why the tea party/libertarians are not the same as the GOP.
    you are correct. generally, libertarians support an open border policy.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Libertarian Party stance is legalization of drugs, and open borders in re: immigration.

All Pro
    In the interest of intellectual integrity, it should be pointed out that the vast, vast majority of "civillian deaths" in Iraq since the US Action began have been due to Iraqi-on-Iraqi/Arab-on-Arab sectarian religious-based violence.

Those deaths are not, as some might like to think, our responsabillity or fault, no matter what party is currently in power.

On another note, it's always enjoyable to see the same old political tactics in use. In this case the ever-entertaining "change the subject, and attack!" tactic.

So now, instead of discussing the southern border, the drug cartels, and illegal immigration, some are talking about GW Bush the Civillian'killin War Criminal.

Isn't politics fun?
    In the interest of fairness, you highlight my post as an example of a tactic where we change the subject and attack others. Yet shockingly you fail to mention that it was actually post #2 that changed the direction of the thread with a silly shot at democrats, something that had nothing to do with the orginal article.

In the interest of intellectual integrity, if your going to write posts about biases and lament about the state of political discussions, please attempt to be fair

JetsInsider.com Legend
    In the interest of fairness, you highlight my post as an example of a tactic where we change the subject and attack others. Yet shockingly you fail to mention that it was actually post #2 that changed the direction of the thread with a silly shot at democrats, something that had nothing to do with the orginal article.

In the interest of intellectual integrity, if your going to write posts about biases and lament about the state of political discussions, please attempt to be fair
    Actually, there are two seperate thoughts in my post, one addressing Iraqi Civilian Deaths, and another lamenting the usual "change the subject and attack" nature of Politics.

At no time in my post did I identify specificly who the second thought was addressed to, as it was addressed in a general way about the thread as a whole, not a specific post within it (have you ever known me to not quote specifics when I want to make a point?).

Just because you were quoted as part of the first portion of reply (required to address the specific issue you raised), does not mean the second portion was inherantly in direct reply to you, even if you were involved in use of the tactic at hand.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you. If it makes you feel better, both yourself and Albany derailed the thread off-topic before it ever had a chance of getting started.

Banned
    Violence that I'm sure had nothing to do with the invasion and it's consequences. Anyways, want to end the violence? Legalize drugs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Violence that I'm sure had nothing to do with the invasion and it's consequences.
    There was violence one way or the other.

Under Saddam, one side (and the ethnic Kurds) were crushed utterly any time Saddam felt it needed.

Under the U.S. Occupation, the two faith-sides choose to kill each other (and a few of the US Troops as well).

Total Civiallian Bodycount, invasion or no invasion, is probably (opinion, obviously) remarkably similar in total. The only meaningful difference is who would be doing the killing, Saddam, or the Faithful of both strains.

Anyways, want to end the violence? Legalize drugs.
    I agree that would help a great deal (Drug Policy as a whole could use some of that hope & change & overhauling we've been doing on other topics).

But the issue is greater than just Drugs. It involves Mexico, poverty and a weak and ineffective (and corrupt) central Government there, the rampant illegal immigration, and U.S. Border integiry and enforcement. Sadly, it's not a one-issue-answer as I see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm Conservative and I have always been for the legalization of Drugs and prostitution.. I'm for closed borders but I could see work permits providing the person isn't a criminal.. BTW I've been to Tea party rallies and out of the several thousand people I saw there were Dem's, Libertarians and alot of people that were never political before besides Republicans and independents. And believe it or not Bit there were Blacks and Hispanics there as well..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And believe it or not Bit there were Blacks and Hispanics there as well..
    A lib like Bit will tell you they were paid actors...