Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rahim Moore, S (UCLA)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Rahim Moore, S (UCLA)

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ore?id=2495503

"Moore is a true difference maker at the safety position, and he projects to be an immediate starter at the next level. He is extremely rangy with the deep speed to hold up in cover-3, and he has a great closing burst when the ball is in the air. His high cut frame gives him the look of a wide receiver and he has the playmaking abilities to be a ball hawk. He also has great instincts and always seems to be in the right position in coverage. Moore might be the top safety in the class and will likely go before the end of the first round."

Moore looked good today in the defensive back drills. Was also a top performer for safeties in the:

- 40-yard dash
    - Vertical jump
    - 3-cone drill
    - 20-yard shuttle

Mayock mentioned he could go in the bottom of the first round and is the best center field type free safety in this draft. Deion Sanders commented that Moore reminded him of Ed Reed. Mayock agreed and said Moore's favorite player actually is Ed Reed. They all seemed impressed with him today.

Obviously Moore has been discussed as an option for the Jets at 30. Do you think the combine has given you enough to sign off on that pick?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'd be okay with this pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    me too! He would make our secondary dominating!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    What was his 40 time?

I can't find it anywhere

If he ran in the 4.4's he's a first rounder, period.
    I want to say 4.53. I'll check.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    long reading at the link http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1ae...=6170051&i=TOP

4.61 and 4.53. A little on the slow side. But I've been dying for a rangy, ball-hawking safety. The only negative to our defense is the lack of interceptions.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's the only guy that's not a front seven player that I would draft in the 1st round.

Aside from Moore, this safety class is absolutely craptastic. He's probably the only safety I would take in the Top 100. He actually reminds me a lot of O.J. Atogwe. An active centerfielder with a knack for making the big play. I don't think there's any question that he would immediately become our starting FS.

I'm still on the Heyward/Wilkerson/Ballard wagon, but I wouldn't be displeased with Rahim Moore at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsVault03 View Post
    long reading at the link http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1ae...=6170051&i=TOP

4.61 and 4.53. A little on the slow side. But I've been dying for a rangy, ball-hawking safety. The only negative to our defense is the lack of interceptions.
    not true. we also can presure the qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I want to say 4.53. I'll check.
    You're right. That was the unofficial time on NFLN, which are more accurate than the "official" times.

And he looked really good in all of the drills. Fluid athlete, good hands, fairly loose hips for a FS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    horrible though in the run game. makes kerry rhodes look like ronnie lott.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's by far the best overall fit after a great DL or pass rusher in the first round...I'd even go so far as to say he's my favorite non-DL pick in the first.

Nate Allen and Louis Delmas are two very similar prospects who went at the very top of the 2nd...I think Moore's better than both of them.

horrible though in the run game. makes kerry rhodes look like ronnie lott.
    Not too big of an issue...at least 9 out of the other 10 players on this theoretical Jets team are very capable run stoppers...and I only say 9/10 because I'm not sure where Wilson is with that. Plus I think that run knock comes from the fact that he's better against the pass...and as much as I love those run stuffers and LOS hogs we have at the safety position I do think 2011 is a good time to modernize our safety position....f'n Rhodes coulda been that guy and we could be 5-6 years into that...but he got all c-wordy about it.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 03-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not great, but that's a good time for a safety.

I don't know if it helps him rise a few notches, I suspect it does, but it definitely doesn't hurt him at all, if you thought he was a borderline first rounder before today you still feel the same way after today, maybe even a little moreso because he did well in all of the drills.

PS. Thanks for posting the times, Vermont and Vault
    GJ&H:

Rahim Moore: Rahim Moore runs 4.53, 4.61
    Rahim Moore - DB - CLG - Mar. 1 - 12:39 pm et
    UCLA FS Rahim Moore ran unofficial forty times of 4.53 and 4.61 at the Scouting Combine on Tuesday.
    Moore came up short of showing elite athleticism, and also didn't help himself with just 11 reps of 225 pounds on the bench. NFL Network's Mike Mayock still believes Moore could end up being selected in the "late one to early two" range as perhaps the best pure free safety in the 2011 draft. Mar. 1 - 12:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2SZjMaO2A

This kid can play the run a bit better then portrayed here.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-01-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh okay, I heard he did really well in all of his drills but it sounds like that was bum data.
    I think the times are accurate. But watching the video I posted shows that he is a rangy guy and boit better against the run then thought. The front 7 at UCLA showed little. the guy is all over the field.

I do not like his lack of strength in the bench but he is a legit. FS and does not need to come up and hit someone1 he can cover and that is a need we have.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    2 guys I thought showed well

Marcus Gilchrist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltvYYNlgoA

Shiloh Keo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4olni5QHo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he would be a great pick for us, but we would have to address the speed of our front 7 later on or more importantly in free agency.

He doesnt seem weak against the run either....he didnt crush anyone in that video, but did step up into the hole a few times with authority and didnt shy away from contact. Not like rhodes IMO.

Any word on what times hagg had or how he looked in drills?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What was his 40 time?

I can't find it anywhere

If he ran in the 4.4's he's a first rounder, period.
    i had 4.56/4.58...forget about Moore unless he's available in round three...

watching him in drills all i kept thinking was "this guy is nowhere near as good as TJ Ward last year"....to much stop/go, stop/go in the drills rather than one fluid burst out of his plant...

most of the safeties sucked today...danorris searcy/UNC was solid, Marcus Gilchrest was solid and siloh keo was solid but he runs a 4.7...

even eric haag looked awful- sad to say...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think he would be a great pick for us, but we would have to address the speed of our front 7 later on or more importantly in free agency.

He doesnt seem weak against the run either....he didnt crush anyone in that video, but did step up into the hole a few times with authority and didnt shy away from contact. Not like rhodes IMO.

hagg could not get under 4.7 and lacked overall quickness in the drills...disappointing to say the least but then again he does not look fast on film so i was fooling myself...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

no hes terrible against the run and in the nfl it will be even worse

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed reed put up similar numbers at similar height and weight. They are very similar players and Ed Reed doesn't scare anyone in the run game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    no hes terrible against the run and in the nfl it will be even worse
    A FS does not have to be great against the run. Moore can cover and that is what a FS does. He is a natural born centerfielder. That is something we lack curently.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    A FS does not have to be great against the run. Moore can cover and that is what a FS does. He is a natural born centerfielder. That is something we lack curently.
    quick question- how many times have you watched him play to anoint him a "natural born centerfielder"?