Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rahim Moore, S (UCLA)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think he would be a great pick for us, but we would have to address the speed of our front 7 later on or more importantly in free agency.

He doesnt seem weak against the run either....he didnt crush anyone in that video, but did step up into the hole a few times with authority and didnt shy away from contact. Not like rhodes IMO.

Any word on what times hagg had or how he looked in drills?
    I absolutely agree. He did not shy away from contact! He did pop a few guys hard. He was aggressive in my opinion. We have a strong need for a FS who can cover and Moore is the best in this class. If we take him and are lucky enough to get some speed at OLB and DE, we could have a very dominating defense. Moore is ready to start. I can not say that about many FS candidates in this class.

I've been able to watch a few games now of each of the safeties and Moore is the best. He has excellent mobility, excellent tackling, and is not afraid to get his nose dirty. He's not one to absolutely crush a receiver, but that is pretty much dead in today's NFL anyway.

Is good with the ball in the air and has good hips. Probably would be a solid corner.

That said, philosophically I'm never crazy about taking a safety in the first. Even watching games looking specifically for safeties is beyond frustrating because there are so many plays in the game that they aren't even a factor in. Fact is, most safeties play in some type of two deep coverage, and both running plays and passing plays quite often don't involve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    quick question- how many times have you watched him play to anoint him a "natural born centerfielder"?
    I've watched him play several games now and I'd say he's that type of player.

But people shouldn't go comparing any safety to Ed Reed. You first should figure out what actually makes Ed Reed so good. It's not that he can run X fast, or has X hips. It's that he has developed great anticipatory skills. He understands what's happening out there and has figured out where he can make guesses without killing the defense as a whole.

Rahim Moore has speed, hips, and an excellent willingness to get his nose dirty, but it's impossible to say if he could develop those skills that Reed has.

And as much as I like Rahim Moore, I still probably wouldn't take him... Just philosophically against it. Much like taking RB as well. Safeties only can impact the game so much. Just take a game, and watch the entire thing looking for a specific safety. You'll be bored to tears at times because the safety is just not involved in so many plays. Moore made that process fun for me though because he did find ways to get involved and that's another reason I like him. Finds ways to impose his will on the play.

All Pro
    Got to put some resources into DL or OLB.

No more DB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think the times are accurate. But watching the video I posted shows that he is a rangy guy and boit better against the run then thought. The front 7 at UCLA showed little. the guy is all over the field.

I do not like his lack of strength in the bench but he is a legit. FS and does not need to come up and hit someone1 he can cover and that is a need we have.
    Seeing as this draft is fairly loaded with DL prospects its conceivable we could pick 1 up in the later rounds after taking Moore in the 1st. However without a pick in the 2nd that makes picking a servicable DL prospect in the later rounds a bit hardy though we know if any one coach em up its Rexy. Perhaps another team will pick up one of our tendered players and feed us some extra picks. But if someone like Wilkerson or Reed is sitting there and we take Moore I wouldn't like it all that much. I think pass rush is a bigger need, IMHO

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I hope so!

If that's his highlight tape, I'd hate to see his lowlights
    LOL that s what i was thinking

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-ucla-safety/

just saying he was being mentored by ed reed so that could be a good sign if he picked anything up from training with him

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Seeing as this draft is fairly loaded with DL prospects its conceivable we could pick 1 up in the later rounds after taking Moore in the 1st. However without a pick in the 2nd that makes picking a servicable DL prospect in the later rounds a bit hardy though we know if any one coach em up its Rexy. Perhaps another team will pick up one of our tendered players and feed us some extra picks. But if someone like Wilkerson or Reed is sitting there and we take Moore I wouldn't like it all that much. I think pass rush is a bigger need, IMHO
    I usually go along with whomever the staff feels can help the team more. I sometimes shake my head as in the case of Drob and Gholston but what can a fan do? Whoever they draft I hope turns out to be great for us. I have no favorites. I like Rahim and discounct what many of the draftniks have to say because the team will do as it pleases.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I've watched him play several games now and I'd say he's that type of player.

But people shouldn't go comparing any safety to Ed Reed. You first should figure out what actually makes Ed Reed so good. It's not that he can run X fast, or has X hips. It's that he has developed great anticipatory skills. He understands what's happening out there and has figured out where he can make guesses without killing the defense as a whole.

Rahim Moore has speed, hips, and an excellent willingness to get his nose dirty, but it's impossible to say if he could develop those skills that Reed has.

And as much as I like Rahim Moore, I still probably wouldn't take him... Just philosophically against it. Much like taking RB as well. Safeties only can impact the game so much. Just take a game, and watch the entire thing looking for a specific safety. You'll be bored to tears at times because the safety is just not involved in so many plays. Moore made that process fun for me though because he did find ways to get involved and that's another reason I like him. Finds ways to impose his will on the play.
    the guy cannot get outside the numbers and make plays with regularity- he's not as bad as taylor mays but not that far away....as stated- TJ Ward/Oregon is head and shoulders over Moore...

moore is overrated. We are looking for a safety that might not be there in this draft. I like the "sleepers" better than the top end guys. Take a guy like Ras-I Dowling in round 3 and turn him into a free safety.

11 Reps on the Bench tells me the guy is a lazy POS. Thanks, but I'll pass.

I rather re-sign Brodney Pool, he was pretty solid overall last year... Improve the front 7 with youth and athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I rather re-sign Brodney Pool, he was pretty solid overall last year... Improve the front 7 with youth and athleticism.
    There you go. We absolutely need to reload on the front 7 before we hit dire straits and the DL heavy draft present the very opportunity to do so

All Pro
    I think safety is just fine on this team. Maybe add another depth guy later on, or a project athlete who has potential to start.

But I'd be just fine going to opening day with Leonhard, Pool, and Ihedigbo/Smith.

Moore was pretty fluid in the combine drills, but the Keo kid was too, and he's a 5th round guy.

Moore isn't a special athlete, but if he has a knack for always being around the ball. Wouldn't expect him to shine at the combine, but game film says otherwise.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

3rd round talent rahim moore's 40 ET were 4.66/4.71...his fastest hand time was 4.58...very good 20sht, marginal 3cone times...

my guy danorris searcy not much better though Gilchrest has some solid marks across the board, including 26 on the bench....

So Moore is more likely to be a Lewis/Johnson from Ole Miss and 'Bama ove the past two drafts than Delmas/Allen?

Oh well, DL it is then.

Veteran
    Hey guys...ucla season seat holder here for the past 12 years, seen alot of rahim moore and he will be very good in the nfl. in the pass happy pac 10 he more than held his own, not sure safety is our biggest need in the 1st round, i personally think its DL and fixing the pass rush but this guy plays bigger than whatever his numbers say. ucla always produces good db's.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    So Moore is more likely to be a Lewis/Johnson from Ole Miss and 'Bama ove the past two drafts than Delmas/Allen?

Oh well, DL it is then.
    Yep DL/DE/OLB sounds better in the first

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    Hey guys...ucla season seat holder here for the past 12 years, seen alot of rahim moore and he will be very good in the nfl. in the pass happy pac 10 he more than held his own, not sure safety is our biggest need in the 1st round, i personally think its DL and fixing the pass rush but this guy plays bigger than whatever his numbers say. ucla always produces good db's.
    what do you think of the other kid, Tony Dye? I actually thought he was better than Moore in '09- have not watched much of him in '10 yet...

btw- depsite the fact the crowd sucks the Rose Bowl is one of the most beautiful places in the world to see a game...