Thread: Passenger Boards Plane with 3 box cutters...

Veteran

Passenger Boards Plane with 3 box cutters...

Once again, the TSA can't even catch a cold.....

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/l...d0oS2HNvkypthP

TSA staff jet blew it

By PHILIP MESSING

Last Updated: 4:44 AM, March 2, 2011

Posted: 2:16 AM, March 2, 2011

A passenger managed to waltz past JFK's ramped-up security gantlet with three boxcutters in his carry-on luggage -- easily boarding an international flight while carrying the weapon of choice of the 9/11 hijackers, sources told The Post yesterday.

The stunning breach grounded the flight for three hours Saturday night and drew fury from Port Authority cops, who accused the Transportation Security Administration of being asleep on the job.

"In case anyone has forgotten, the TSA was created because of a couple boxcutter incidents," said one PAPD source, referring to the weapons used by al Qaeda operatives to commandeer the jets they later slammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11.

The two TSA agents and supervisor who completely missed the blades at a security checkpoint "will all be disciplined and undergo remedial training," said spokeswoman Ann Davis.

The incident happened at around 10 p.m. Saturday as factory worker Eusebio D. Peraltalajara, 45, of Jersey City waltzed past the screeners on his way to a Dominican Republic-bound flight, the sources said.

Agent Ahmir Wilkerson, supervisor Anthony DeJesus and at least one other screener allowed his carry-on luggage -- with the boxcutters with razor blades -- to pass through the X-ray machine, police sources said.

Once aboard Santiago-bound Flight 837, flight attendant Fausto Penaloda, 40, asked him to stow his luggage in the overhead storage bin.

As Peraltalajara's shoved it into the compartment, Penaloda saw the boxcutters fall out of the bag, according to a police report.

He grabbed the boxcutters and alerted the captain and first officer.

They called JetBlue security, which raised the alarm to PAPD Emergency Service Units, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI, sparking an evacuation of the plane's 136 passengers and five crew members.

The PAPD's Canine Unit swept the plane for bombs and all of the passengers had to be rescreened.

Peraltalajara told authorities that he used the boxcutters for work at a Secaucus manufacturing plant and simply forgot that they were in his luggage. He was not charged with any crime.

The TSA spokeswoman Davis insisted that the traveling public was not at risk.

"There have been a number of additional security layers that have been implemented on aircraft that would prevent someone from causing harm with boxcutters," she insisted.

"They include the possible presence of armed federal air marshals, hardened cockpit doors, flight crews trained in self-defense and a more vigilant traveling public who have demonstrated a willingness to intervene."

Quote Originally Posted by Ha Ha Ha View Post
    Once again, the TSA can't even catch a cold.....

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/l...d0oS2HNvkypthP

TSA staff jet blew it

By PHILIP MESSING

Last Updated: 4:44 AM, March 2, 2011

Posted: 2:16 AM, March 2, 2011

A passenger managed to waltz past JFK's ramped-up security gantlet with three boxcutters in his carry-on luggage -- easily boarding an international flight while carrying the weapon of choice of the 9/11 hijackers, sources told The Post yesterday.

The stunning breach grounded the flight for three hours Saturday night and drew fury from Port Authority cops, who accused the Transportation Security Administration of being asleep on the job.

"In case anyone has forgotten, the TSA was created because of a couple boxcutter incidents," said one PAPD source, referring to the weapons used by al Qaeda operatives to commandeer the jets they later slammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11.

The two TSA agents and supervisor who completely missed the blades at a security checkpoint "will all be disciplined and undergo remedial training," said spokeswoman Ann Davis.

The incident happened at around 10 p.m. Saturday as factory worker Eusebio D. Peraltalajara, 45, of Jersey City waltzed past the screeners on his way to a Dominican Republic-bound flight, the sources said.

Agent Ahmir Wilkerson, supervisor Anthony DeJesus and at least one other screener allowed his carry-on luggage -- with the boxcutters with razor blades -- to pass through the X-ray machine, police sources said.

Once aboard Santiago-bound Flight 837, flight attendant Fausto Penaloda, 40, asked him to stow his luggage in the overhead storage bin.

As Peraltalajara's shoved it into the compartment, Penaloda saw the boxcutters fall out of the bag, according to a police report.

He grabbed the boxcutters and alerted the captain and first officer.

They called JetBlue security, which raised the alarm to PAPD Emergency Service Units, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI, sparking an evacuation of the plane's 136 passengers and five crew members.

The PAPD's Canine Unit swept the plane for bombs and all of the passengers had to be rescreened.

Peraltalajara told authorities that he used the boxcutters for work at a Secaucus manufacturing plant and simply forgot that they were in his luggage. He was not charged with any crime.

The TSA spokeswoman Davis insisted that the traveling public was not at risk.

"There have been a number of additional security layers that have been implemented on aircraft that would prevent someone from causing harm with boxcutters," she insisted.

"They include the possible presence of armed federal air marshals, hardened cockpit doors, flight crews trained in self-defense and a more vigilant traveling public who have demonstrated a willingness to intervene."
    "Eh, someone would have tackled him." was their response? Lovely.

Hall Of Fame
    The TSA is a JOKE!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The TSA is a JOKE!
    Gee I wonder whose idea they were? The airlines don't want to pay for their own security, so they ran to the gov't and guess what you get what you pay for.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Gee I wonder whose idea they were? The airlines don't want to pay for their own security, so they ran to the gov't and guess what you get what you pay for.
    It is pure government at it's best.

Hall Of Fame
    lolz...

...do people really think the 9/11 hijackers used box cutters? I certainly don't...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    lolz...

...do people really think the 9/11 hijackers used box cutters? I certainly don't...
    phasers?

Those clowns should be fired, not sent for more training. They must be in a union...

Hall Of Fame
    It is pure government at it's best.
    It's pure business begging the gov't to pay for stuff they don't want to provide, but need to keep their business going.

Hall Of Fame
    It's pure business begging the gov't to pay for stuff they don't want to provide, but need to keep their business going.
    please ..get your facts straight. After 911, GWB formed the TSA. The airlines did NOT request it.

Hall Of Fame
    please ..get your facts straight. After 911, GWB formed the TSA. The airlines did NOT request it.
    Why don't the airlines step up and tell the gov't we will take care of our own security?

Veteran
    Why don't the airlines step up and tell the gov't we will take care of our own security?
    El Al has a perfect record on this.

They provide their own security. Their ticket prices are not unreasonable compared to any other airline flying the same routes.

This should absolutely be the responsibility of the airlines. The airport needs to provide security for its own facility. The airlines should provide their own security for their planes.

El Al exclusively employs army veterans to staff its security posts.

Think about how many jobs it could create for our returning veterans to provide top notch private security for US airlines??

(No, not like Blackwater )

Hall Of Fame
    They can't, the government crowded them out.

While 911 was horrific, TSA was an over reaction, we now have a bloated, slow moving middle aged group of agents who do basically nothing in our airports.

Hall Of Fame
    They can't, the government crowded them out.

While 911 was horrific, TSA was an over reaction, we now have a bloated, slow moving middle aged group of agents who do basically nothing in our airports.
    What would of you done with airport security in response to 9-11 ?

Veteran
    El Al has a perfect record on this.

They provide their own security. Their ticket prices are not unreasonable compared to any other airline flying the same routes.

This should absolutely be the responsibility of the airlines. The airport needs to provide security for its own facility. The airlines should provide their own security for their planes.

El Al exclusively employs army veterans to staff its security posts.

Think about how many jobs it could create for our returning veterans to provide top notch private security for US airlines??

(No, not like Blackwater )
    What would of you done with airport security in response to 9-11 ?
    In a nutshell?

See above.

Hall Of Fame
    In a nutshell?

See above.
    I agree with you, but the airlines do not want the liability that comes with enforcement.

I am mandated by my agency to carry my weapon on all flights (except international) and it does not matter if I'm on vacation with my family. The airlines get free security every time I fly.

All League
    They grooped him but forgot the bag!

Hall Of Fame
    I agree with you, but the airlines do not want the liability that comes with enforcement.

I am mandated by my agency to carry my weapon on all flights (except international) and it does not matter if I'm on vacation with my family. The airlines get free security every time I fly.
    I feel much safer knowing that the equivalent of the US Post Office is checking grandmas crotch at the gate.....

WHAT a PHUCKIN joke the TSA is.

I do like the idea of feds carrying guns on board.

Hall Of Fame
    I feel much safer knowing that the equivalent of the US Post Office is checking grandmas crotch at the gate.....

WHAT a PHUCKIN joke the TSA is.

I do like the idea of feds carrying guns on board.
    You should like TSA they don't get paid much and their retirement benefits aren't very good.