Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Neil Young Dead (NOT the singer, the soccer player)

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707

    Neil Young Dead (NOT the singer, the soccer player)



    http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...ng-dies-at-66/

    Neil Young Dead: Neil Young Dies at 66
    By Missy Yates on February 3rd, 2011

    Legendary soccer player Neil Young has died at the age of 66.

    Young was a Manchester City forward probably best known for scoring the winning goal in the 1969 FA Cup, defeating Leicester.

    Young began in 1959 as an apprentice with Manchester City and went on to become a star.

    advertisement

    “Quiet and shy away from the game, he rarely visited the club in his later years, though still followed the Blues’ progress keenly,” City said on their official website. “He will be sadly missed by his wife Carmen, family, friends and everyone connected with Manchester City.”

    Young was inducted into the Manchester City Hall of Fame in 2008.

    ------------------------------------

    Yeah, I'm a deek...it fooled me too...Neil "Heart of Gold" lives on!!

  2. #2
    Not funny.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Holy **** you ass hole

    I really almost had a heart attack

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Holy **** you ass hole

    I really almost had a heart attack
    It got me too...I had to share...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Holy **** you ass hole

    I really almost had a heart attack
    I told Mrs. FF2®....I should know better than trust the Hampur!

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    It got me too...I had to share...
    I am so relieved it is a soccer player.

    They aren't really people anyway.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I am so relieved it is a soccer player.

    They aren't really people anyway.
    That's true.

    This fooled me too. How dare you, LSJF. How dare you.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That's true.

    This fooled me too. How dare you, LSJF. How dare you.
    HAHAHA...When I saw the article I freaked...they're about the same age....

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Not funny.
    it is...a lil...

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,104
    that literally sent shivers up my legs and spine

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    that literally sent shivers up my legs and spine
    That was the weirdest feeling I have had in a while.

    Even when my grandmother passed a way a few months ago.

    We had known that it would be any day, so the sensations kind of got dulled day by day ya know?

    Reading that was just such a sudden, "o my god, no" feeling

  12. #12
    Only because I assume David Crosby goes first!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    In the famous words of Dennis Leary:
    Your an ***hole yo, yo, yo, yo, yo, yo,

    A * * H O L E EVERYBODY!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    That was the weirdest feeling I have had in a while.

    Even when my grandmother passed a way a few months ago.

    We had known that it would be any day, so the sensations kind of got dulled day by day ya know?

    Reading that was just such a sudden, "o my god, no" feeling
    I suck...it took the wind out of me when i saw the headline

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,000
    You dickf*cker. I read the thread title and texted my dad...a HUGE Neil Young fan.

    Great.

    Now when he tells friend his son is an idiot...he has good reason

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,165
    Ya know whats wierd...is that I had the same visceral reaction as all of you..I was horrified...and I'm not even a huge Young fan.

    I think.




    I love a lot of his stuff though...

    I guess we all love Neil Young more than we think!


  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ya know whats wierd...is that I had the same visceral reaction as all of you..I was horrified...and I'm not even a huge Young fan.

    I think.




    I love a lot of his stuff though...

    I guess we all love Neil Young more than we think!

    I love Neil...I felt such a depression and relief in the span of 2 secs

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You dickf*cker. I read the thread title and texted my dad...a HUGE Neil Young fan.

    Great.

    Now when he tells friend his son is an idiot...he has good reason
    Ohh crap...sorry...

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,165
    I mean seriously, he could take better care of himself.

    He just doesnt look healthy.

    Theoretically, he could be dead.

    Just saying.

    -

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,785
    Man that was a douchebag thing to do

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us