Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Is Peterson the next Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Peterson the next Revis?

This kid is so huge with big hips like Revis but moves like a cat. Convention tells you no, no way a 6 foot 219 pound corner will make it with that weight and bulk, it's too hard to change directions being so big, but Revis has that type of body and he moves effortlessly. It's very rare to find these kind of fiendish athletes, nevermind the speed that;s the least of my concerns, it's the way he moves so smoothly out there. I really love this kid, wish the Jets were picking in the top 5, i would grab him over anyone there. I don;t care about Bowers or fairley or Dareus, I would grab Peterson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember watching Revis highlights as a senior. I thooght he looked slow running with that funny elongated gait of his, I thought this guy will run a 4.6 for sure... many people thought he was a high 4.5 guy, they questioned his speed. Then Revis blazed a 40 time under 4.4 and continued blazing at the teams workouts.

I have now come to realize that Revis is like a big rabbit out there, he doesn't run, he hops. The unconventional way that he runs is really a thing of beauty when you consider that each hop is like two yards.

Revis in 07:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqyD...?v=yCOLpiFxgbM

This is going to be the guy that will challenge Revis for the top billing as best CB in the league for years to come:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOLpiFxgbM
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 03-03-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    revis' greatness is all about technique. technique and instinct.

dont get me wrong, he's got the physical tools. but there are other corners that have the physical -- and some even more...remember justin miller?

miller had all the physical talent in the world....but no technique and even less instinct.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    revis' greatness is all about technique. technique and instinct.

dont get me wrong, he's got the physical tools. but there are other corners that have the physical -- and some even more...remember justin miller?

miller had all the physical talent in the world....but no technique and even less instinct.

Miller was stiff in the hips, Revis is smooth like butter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a fine cornerback and looks like he has all the tools to succeed at pro-level. Having said that NFL has more complex offenses and supreme athletes to defend. He'll have his work cut out for him to be in the same class as Revis.Not sure if he can turn his hips and flow in and out and stick with #1 WRs like our Jets 24 does.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This beast must be signed...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peterson is the best player in this draft and a legitimately great CB prospect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. No prospects are ever worth comparisons to the truly elite players. Revis and Aso are in that rarefied air, and doubt anybody soon can play at there level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best CB prospect in a LONG time IMO.

I don't want to compare him to the best in the game, but I think he will play close to a pro-bowl level year 1 if he's in the right situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think this guy will be anywhere near Revis. Alot of experts think he should be playing safety.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I dont think this guy will be anywhere near Revis. Alot of experts think he should be playing safety.
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Peterson ball skills and cornerback techniques are fractional compared to Revis at equal stages of their career....Peterson's pedal is average on a good day and he's yet to show he can consistently make plays with his back to the ball....

he's also gonna to be to big for corner....he was 212 the week before the combine then gained seven pounds....nature and physical maturity will push him north moving forward....

be interesting to see if he runs on pro-day is he gets back down around 210....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Alot of experts thought Revis should play safety. Aso WAS a safety...at least part time...in college.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's a false logic to say anyone is the next "superstar"

it never works out that way. there's only 1 revis in the NFL and finding him is like a lightning strike.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is a once in a decade player. Revis has great skills, but what puts him over the top is his ability to read THE OTHER receivers while covering his guy. That tells him where his guy is going.

For instance, he's covering the strong side and sees the TE run a "seam" the first 10 yards without altering his pattern, and sees the RB coming out into the flat (all this while running with his guy). He knows his guy will do one of two things.

Revis' brain makes him superior. If this Peterson guy can do that, he's money.

No one is Revis.

Sorry, Aso. It's true.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Revis is a once in a decade player. Revis has great skills, but what puts him over the top is his ability to read THE OTHER receivers while covering his guy. That tells him where his guy is going.

For instance, he's covering the strong side and sees the TE run a "seam" the first 10 yards without altering his pattern, and sees the RB coming out into the flat (all this while running with his guy). He knows his guy will do one of two things.

Revis' brain makes him superior. If this Peterson guy can do that, he's money.

No one is Revis.

Sorry, Aso. It's true.
    Agree Revis got all the athletic abilities plus the savvy and awareness and processes all this information so fast. He judges which options his WR is most likely to select and takes it away - no wonder his int's dropped after all qb'a lost hope in throwing anywhere near zipcode 24