Thread: Pope say Jews didn't kill Jesus.

Pope say Jews didn't kill Jesus.

This oughta end all anti-semitism by Friday, once word gets out.

Pope affirms Jews’ innocence in Jesus’ death

Associated Press / March 3, 2011

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI has made a sweeping exoneration of the Jewish people for the death of Jesus Christ, tackling a controversial issue in Christianity in his new book.

In “Jesus of Nazareth-Part II’’ excerpts released yesterday, Benedict explains why there is no theological basis in Scripture for the argument that the Jewish people were responsible for Jesus’ death.

Interpretations to the contrary have been used for centuries to justify the persecution of Jews.

While the Catholic Church has for five decades taught that Jews weren’t collectively responsible, Jewish scholars said yesterday that the argument laid out by the German-born pontiff, who has had his share of mishaps with Jews, was a landmark statement from a pope that would help fight anti-Semitism.

“Holocaust survivors know only too well how the centuries-long charge of ‘Christ killer’ against the Jews created a poisonous climate of hate that was the foundation of anti-Semitic persecution whose ultimate expression was realized in the Holocaust,’’ said Elan Steinberg of the American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors and their Descendants.

The Catholic Church issued its most authoritative teaching on the issue in its 1965 Second Vatican Council document “Nostra Aetate,’’ which revolutionized the church’s relations with Jews by saying Christ’s death could not be attributed to Jews as a whole at the time or today.

Benedict comes to the same conclusion, but explains how with a thorough, gospel-by-gospel analysis that leaves little doubt that he deeply and personally believes it to be the case: that only a few Temple leaders and a small group of supporters were primarily responsible for Christ’s crucifixion.

That Benedict is a theologian makes “this statement from the Holy See that much more significant for now and for future generations,’’ said Abraham H. Foxman, the Anti-Defamation League’s national director.

Foxman, in a statement, hailed Benedict for rejecting “the previous teachings and perversions that have helped to foster and reinforce anti-Semitism through the centuries.’’

Jets Insider VIP
    Meh...this ought to bring Ragu out

[IMG]http://www.marthastewardess.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/laser-batman-light.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    2000 years of waiting for an apology and then WE give YOU one. Jesus Christ.

:alien:

Hall Of Fame
    [B][SIZE="3"]Pope Retracts Jew Pardon[/SIZE][/B]
    [I]Claims he was Delirious Because he Thought Neil Young had Died
    [/I]
    Associated Press / March 3, 2011

Jets Insider VIP
    Hitler wasn't Catholic. In fact, he hated them too.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3971629]2000 years of waiting for an apology and then WE give YOU one. Jesus Christ.

alien:[/QUOTE]

That's like us asking 32 and his people for reparations.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3971734]That's like us asking 32 and his people for reparations.

_[/QUOTE]

This "us"?

[IMG]http://www.whoslosing.com/blog/php/Bridget_the_Midget.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3971821]This "us"?

[IMG]http://www.whoslosing.com/blog/php/Bridget_the_Midget.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Ok, I got a chub.

_

Jets Insider VIP

I'd hit that fidget

All League

Now that's a MILF

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3971670][B][SIZE="3"]Pope Retracts Jew Pardon[/SIZE][/B]
    [I]Claims he was Delirious Because he Thought Neil Young had Died
    [/I]
    Associated Press / March 3, 2011[/QUOTE]

:P Should I feel guilty?

Jets Insider VIP
    having this thread on my screen is worse than having p0rn on it. :shakehead

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetFreak89;3971848]Now that's a MILF[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[IMG]http://files.sharenator.com/77JEWS_JAWS_SHARK_WEEK_2010-s227x400-82951-580.jpg[/IMG]

Just another in a long line of Christians attempting to coopt Jewish accomplishments. If video games are any judge then you need to be very powerful to murder a god.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I thought Townsend already said the yids are allright?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=hamburglar;3972506]Just another in a long line of Christians attempting to coopt Jewish accomplishments. [/QUOTE]

**** that; this felonious Jew is stealing from Buddhism!

[QUOTE]Martin Buber was a scholar, interpreter, and translator of Hasidic lore. He viewed Hasidism as a source of cultural renewal for Judaism, frequently citing examples from the Hasidic tradition that [B]emphasized community, interpersonal life, and meaning in common activities[/B] (e.g. a worker's relation to his tools). The Hasidic ideal, according to Buber, emphasized a life lived in the unconditional presence of God, [B]where there was no distinct separation between daily habits and religious experience.[/B] This was a major influence on Buber's philosophy of anthropology, which considered the basis of human existence as dialogical.[/QUOTE]
    This asshat takes credit for what Gautama Buddha accomplished 3 centuries ago. And that's okay because he's a Jew; meanwhile, did he ever run from wild elephants? Such bullcrap. Totally ripping off the man that pre-dated Jesus.

:non-denominational alien:

I hope this makes Mel Gibson feel better.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3972620]**** that; this felonious Jew is stealing from Buddhism!

This asshat takes credit for what Gautama Buddha accomplished 3 centuries ago. And that's okay because he's a Jew; meanwhile, did he ever run from wild elephants? Such bullcrap. Totally ripping off the man that pre-dated Jesus.[/QUOTE]

When I was 14 and concerned about my image I became a Zoroastrian and started hating on all of the fugazi posers in my school.