Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for coffee?

[QUOTE=32green;3972103]To me, Starbucks tastes like when the 7/11 dude combines the bottom inch of five near empty pots to make a "new" pot.

Plus the whole hipster hanging out reading thing makes me want to brain someone with a bat.

They couldnt go out of business fast enough for my liking.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard the word brain used as a verb since I was a kid.

My dad used to like that word.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=McKnight25;3972120]I haven't heard [B]the word brain used as a verb [/B]since I was a kid.

My dad used to like that word.[/QUOTE]

The frickin guy WAS in Mensa.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3972103]To me, Starbucks tastes like when the 7/11 dude combines the bottom inch of five near empty pots to make a "new" pot.
    [/QUOTE]

Your life sounds like a never ending cycle of King Kullen instant coffee, Keystone Beer, and Riunite on Ice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=McKnight25;3972009]Please...just take the 94 cents.

The world does not need another "exact change person".

I facking hate exact change people. And, I can spot them a mile away. The other day, I was approaching the express lane at our local grocery store and I spotted a woman approaching from the other direction.

She had "exact change" written all over her. I could just tell by the way she looked and moved.

I started sprinting across the store toward the checkout lane, but she nudged in ahead of me. Her bill was $10.58, and she had a $20 in hand. And, low and behold, I'm left standing there for five minutes while she searches for 58 cents in her massive pocketbook.

I swear to god I almost killed her right there and then.

I've actually offered to pay for people's purchases rather than stand there and wait for them to find exact change.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Dead on.

They are also the same folks who are Supermarket zoner outers.

Stop right in the middle of the aisle, stare at the paper towels as if they were just sent here from Jupiter for the first time.

Completely oblivious to the people in front and back of them.

Their little tongues sticking slightly out of their partially open mouths.

I went today and an old lady zoner outer had placed herself and her cart right up to the chopped fruit. She was picking each container up, staring at it, and putting it down. They were all the farging same.

I'm just standing there waiting and she finally goes.."oh..I'm in your way".

I say "its ok I just need to grab something".

"well..... what do you need?":rolleyes::mad:

With that I just grabbed her cart, pushed it back and grabbed the fargin blueberries my wife wanted and walked away.

I've also taken to just physically pushing their carts aside with the front of mine, wordlessly.

:dunno:

[QUOTE=JStokes;3972125]The frickin guy WAS in Mensa.

_[/QUOTE]

Oh, please, don't get me started on those idiots in MENSA.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3972131]
    I've also taken to just physically pushing their carts aside with the front of mine, wordlessly.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I invented that move. I like the shopper who puts the cart right next to a display set in the middle of an aisle which is enough of a pain in the azz by itself.

Boom!!!!!

Screw you guys.

I'm not walking around with an unsightly bulge jingle jangling all day.

Something is $5.01 and you cant wait for me to find a penny? What...you're expected in surgery Doctor?

**** YOU.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3972138]I invented that move. I like the shopper who puts the cart right next to a display set in the middle of an aisle which is enough of a pain in the azz by itself.

Boom!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lmao..to be fair...I also ran into "I have an extra 5 bucks off coupon" guy on line in front of me today. So they are not all bad.

Almost makes up for the "has to put her filthy dickbeaters on every apple before picking one out" chick.

:mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3972129]Your life sounds like a never ending cycle of King Kullen instant coffee, Keystone Beer, and [B]Riunite on Ice.[/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO! Reference of the day!

[QUOTE=32green;3972131]Lol. Dead on.

Stop right in the middle of the aisle, stare at the paper towels as if they were just sent here from Jupiter for the first time.

I went today and an old lady zoner outer had placed herself and her cart right up to the chopped fruit. She was picking each container up, staring at it, and putting it down. They were all the farging same.

With that I just grabbed her cart, pushed it back and grabbed the fargin blueberries my wife wanted and walked away.

[B]I've also taken to just physically pushing their carts aside with the front of mine, wordlessly. [/B]

:clapper:

Yea, we have control issues for sure. Sometimes I'll take the sarcasm route and say stuff like "No, no, you take your time. Clearly you have some important issues you are trying to work out" and others I'll just stand there whilst glaring in their direction and blurt out a "Really?".

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3972138]I invented that move. I like the shopper who puts the cart right next to a display set in the middle of an aisle which is enough of a pain in the azz by itself.

Boom!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh, I so frakking hate that! And what about the d00sh who stands on line with his cart behind him and doesn't move it up whilst he bags his groceries? Or the asshat who rolls up on your Achilles with their cart? That's almost assault-worthy.:steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3972129]Your life sounds like a never ending cycle of King Kullen instant coffee, Keystone Beer, and [B]Riunite on Ice[/B].[/QUOTE]

So NICE!

_

[QUOTE=32green;3972152]Lmao..to be fair...I also ran into "I have an extra 5 bucks off coupon" guy on line in front of me today. So they are not all bad.

Almost makes up for the "has to put her filthy dickbeaters on every apple before picking one out" chick.

:mad:[/QUOTE]

What about Mrs. "I just sent my daughter to the back of the store to hopefully find that one item I forget, I'm sure she'll find it within 15 minutes so everyone else just stand there for as long as it takes."

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3972158]What about Mrs. "I just sent my daughter to the back of the store to hopefully find that one item I forget, I'm sure she'll find it within 15 minutes so everyone else just stand there for as long as it takes."[/QUOTE]

Or the check writer.

Really?

You still write checks?

Who are you, Chez?

_

[QUOTE=Jetworks;3972154]Yea, we have control issues for sure. Sometimes I'll take the sarcasm route and say stuff like "No, no, you take your time. Clearly you have some important issues you are trying to work out" and others I'll just stand there whilst glaring in their direction and blurt out a "Really?".

[/QUOTE]

I ususally just stand there and, if they acknowledge me, I say: "Oh, please, don't let me bother you, you just continue on as if you were the only one in the store."

They usually don't get the message.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=32green;3972131]Lol. Dead on.

[B]I went today and an old lady zoner outer had placed herself and her cart right up to the chopped fruit. She was picking each container up, staring at it, and putting it down. They were all the farging same.

With that I just grabbed her cart, pushed it back and grabbed the fargin blueberries my wife wanted and walked away.[/B]

Geez. Where to start.....

1. Produce is finicky, especially sliced produce. by observation, you can pick a container with a later expiration date....ie; fresher. Who wouldnt want fresher fruit?

2. Whats up with all the elderly bashing? I could see frustration towards a random Joe, but elderly people are moving at a slower pace than us. Often they dont lead very exciting lives, and arent used to the get in, get out fast mentality. They also get alarmed when people are wheeling shopping carts, because to the elderly, it might as well be a Buick being pushed around. One wrong fender bender, and granny is in the hospital with a broken hip. A broken hip is a very serious injury at an old age.

You should have done a few laps around the market until she was finished, or brought her near to you and helped her find a good fruit cup.

Show them your teeth, they love a smile, and lets them know you are not a threat.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3972180]

2.[B] Whats up with all the elderly bashing[/B]? I could see frustration towards a random Joe, but elderly people are moving at a slower pace than us. Often they dont lead very exciting lives, and arent used to the get in, get out fast mentality. They also get alarmed when people are wheeling shopping carts, because to the elderly, it might as well be a Buick being pushed around. One wrong fender bender, and granny is in the hospital with a broken hip. A broken hip is a very serious injury at an old age.

You should have done a few laps around the market until she was finished, or brought her near to you and helped her find a good fruit cup.

Show them your teeth, they love a smile, and lets them know you are not a threat.[/QUOTE]

they should have to shop between 4 and 6 am

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3972180]...2. Whats up with all the elderly bashing? I could see frustration towards a random Joe, but elderly people are moving at a slower pace than us. [B]Often they dont lead very exciting lives[/B]...[/QUOTE]

Unlike us here at JI.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3972161]Or the check writer.

Really?

You still write checks?

Who are you, Chez?

_[/QUOTE]

THis was a crazy phenomenon in St. Louis. In 8 years of living in Manhattan i have never had a person write a check at a Supermarket, in 8 months in St. Louis, it happened no less than 10 times.

That wasn't even the most annoying part. How is it that the people who are writing the check NEVER EVER have it partially filled out before hand. They've been standing in line at the supermarket, they've been sitting there while their stuff is bagged, DID THEY NOT REALIZE THERE IN A SCHNUCKS (seriously, that's the supermarket chain in St. Louis, Schnucks). Perhaps you could have partially filled out the check ahead of time.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3972205]THis was a crazy phenomenon in St. Louis. In 8 years of living in Manhattan i have never had a person write a check at a Supermarket, in 8 months in St. Louis, it happened no less than 10 times.

That wasn't even the most annoying part. How is it that the people who are writing the check NEVER EVER have it partially filled out before hand. They've been standing in line at the supermarket, they've been sitting there while their stuff is bagged, DID THEY NOT REALIZE THERE IN A SCHNUCKS (seriously, that's the supermarket chain in St. Louis, Schnucks). Perhaps you could have partially filled out the check ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

If after they finish writing the check they begin to record it in their register, I literally just bump them out of the way and run my debit card.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3972196]they should have to shop between 4 and 6 am[/QUOTE]

OT: Lots of elderlies where i live. Weird, i get along with them so much better than my own age group. Once they realize you are no threat, they are often friendly, have morals, and have alot of wealth on gardening (i meet my old folks at the nursery usually).

Sure ive seen 2 or 3 in the month ive been here shoot out in the middle of a red light for no apparant reason whatsoever, almost getting blindsided, but other than that, they are great and i try to help them whenever i can. Some ive met sadly have nobody to assist them.

[QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3971683]Free coffee for any of you clown if you ever come to my coffee shop in San Diego.[/QUOTE]

:thumbup: awesome city!