Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for coffee?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3971770]I bought the Personal Sipping License from Starbucks so my tall (small) is only $140 a cup... and crash, I can get it iced, too, even in the winter[/QUOTE]

For the extra $138 they should ice it any time

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3971754]Fortunately I do not drink coffee, but my wife does, each day she was spending $2 at Dunkin for her coffee...I was like what a waste...I bought her a Keurig..and she loves it...so no more $2 cups of coffee..[/QUOTE]

I go the Keurig route as well. Makes an excellent cup of coffee.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3971892][B]That iced caffeine really gets you goin eh? Taking the elevator to the first floor? :D[/B]

My family lives in India where in the wintertime it's a hot 65 degrees...and they all walk around wearing coats and scarves while I'm in shorts and a T.

Anyways, regardless of whether it's the winter time, or the summer (90+ degrees fahrenheit), those wackos need a piping hot cup of tea to start their day! And not just my family...the whole country! They say heat kills heat...maybe that's what you're going for with the whole iced coffee in the winter? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Or on the 22nd floor of an elevator bank that starts at 21. One or the other. :confused:

I got a Keurig for my wife this past christmas. Now, we only pay about .50 a cup. Haven't bought a DD cup in 3 months now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3971754]Fortunately I do not drink coffee, but my wife does, each day she was spending $2 at Dunkin for her coffee...I was like what a waste...I bought her a Keurig..and she loves it...so no more $2 cups of coffee..[/QUOTE]

My wife just got one..I'm not a big fan of homemade coffee, but this machine makes a great cup. Only problem is.. now there is six different boxes of the different coffees, and with the both of us grabbing a cup before work, boxes of disposable cups...the whole "coffee area" of the kitchen is now a cluttered mess.:D

[QUOTE=McKnight25;3971909]I go the Keurig route as well. Makes an excellent cup of coffee.[/QUOTE]

And they have so many different varieties and makes that that there is something for everyone..folgers just started making K Cups..

[QUOTE=32green;3971927]My wife just got one..I'm not a big fan of homemade coffee, but this machine makes a great cup. Only problem is.. now there is six different boxes of the different coffees, and with the both of us grabbing a cup before work, boxes of disposable cups...the whole "coffee area" of the kitchen is now a cluttered mess.:D[/QUOTE]

Can't help you there Nancy although I don't see how it could be that big a of a mess you just throw the K Cup out after it brews? I think this is part of a larger issue between you and mrs. ;)

By work, I pay about 50 cents at the Starbucks (but not we have free coffee in the office).

At home I pay about $7/lb from a coffee shop (Porto Rico Coffee)

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3971934]And they have so many different varieties and makes that that there is something for everyone..folgers just started making K Cups..
    [/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that Starbucks is going to buy Green Mountain, so there should be Starbucks blend for the Keurig pretty soon.

Of course, it will probably be $4 a cup.

Use the AMEX to pay at Starbucks....that'll show-em!

.38 cup with the amazon subscription to the K-Cups. Timothy's Italian Blend.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=McKnight25;3971944]Rumor has it that Starbucks is going to buy Green Mountain, so there should be Starbucks blend for the Keurig pretty soon.

Of course, it will probably be $4 a cup.[/QUOTE]

lol

I remember when Conan used to do "In the Year 2000" -

"And scientists will discover the secret ingredient in Starbucks coffee: a chemical that makes people forget they are paying $4 for a cup of coffee."

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;3971878]

This cup of iced coffee only cost me a blowjob.

[IMG]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m614/MonkeyButler79/redidiot.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

Dude.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3971984]Dude.

_[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3971720]Yes.

But my concern is when it goes to $2.06.

Am I gonna lug change around or get .94 handed back?

What a pain.[/QUOTE]

I have a large mug (ironically) at work that I dump my change into. I use it to fund frivolous indulgences like new alligator watch bands. At the end of a month I usually have ~$70.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3971723][B]At some point [/B]Hampurites are gonna know WAY TOO MUCH about each other.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm a newbie, but I think it's safe to say that point has already been reached for some posters.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3971984]Dude.

_[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823175001[/url]

I was actually drinking coffee when I saw that, so you owe me a new one!!!

LMFAO @ that pic!:D
    Last edited by Jetworks; 03-03-2011 at 02:09 PM.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3971720]Yes.

But my concern is when it goes to $2.06.

Am I gonna lug change around or get .94 handed back?

What a pain.[/QUOTE]

Please...just take the 94 cents.

The world does not need another "exact change person".

I facking hate exact change people. And, I can spot them a mile away. The other day, I was approaching the express lane at our local grocery store and I spotted a woman approaching from the other direction.

She had "exact change" written all over her. I could just tell by the way she looked and moved.

I started sprinting across the store toward the checkout lane, but she nudged in ahead of me. Her bill was $10.58, and she had a $20 in hand. And, low and behold, I'm left standing there for five minutes while she searches for 58 cents in her massive pocketbook.

I swear to god I almost killed her right there and then.

I've actually offered to pay for people's purchases rather than stand there and wait for them to find exact change.

[QUOTE=McKnight25;3972009]Please...just take the 94 cents.

The world does not need another "exact change person".

I facking hate exact change people. And, I can spot them a mile away. The other day, I was approaching the express lane at our local grocery store and I spotted a woman approaching from the other direction.

She had "exact change" written all over her. I could just tell by the way she looked and moved.

I started sprinting across the store toward the checkout lane, but she nudged in ahead of me. Her bill was $10.58, and she had a $20 in hand. And, low and behold, I'm left standing there for five minutes while she searches for 58 cents in her massive pocketbook.

I swear to god I almost killed her right there and then.
    [B][I][U]
    I've actually offered to pay for people's purchases rather than stand there and wait for them to find exact change[/U][/I][/B].[/QUOTE]

Where and when do you shop?

[QUOTE=McKnight25;3971909]I go the Keurig route as well. Makes an excellent cup of coffee.[/QUOTE]

got a keurig as too, I just go to costco and get a box of 80 pods for 30-40 bucks and a bag of 16oz traverl cups with lids for 7 bucks...works out to something like .58 a cup or so.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3971861]That's why I don't go to Starbucks - too d*mn expensive! :D[/QUOTE]

To me, Starbucks tastes like when the 7/11 dude combines the bottom inch of five near empty pots to make a "new" pot.

Plus the whole hipster hanging out reading thing makes me want to brain someone with a bat.

They couldnt go out of business fast enough for my liking.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3972103]To me, Starbucks tastes like when the 7/11 dude combines the bottom inch of five near empty pots to make a "new" pot.

Plus the whole hipster [B]hanging out reading thing[/B] makes me want to brain someone with a bat.

They couldnt go out of business fast enough for my liking.[/QUOTE]

You'd feel more comfortable with coloring books, yes?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, I never got the Starbucks thing either. Tried their java a few times and had to either force it down or leave the cup half-empty. But I know, LOTS of people swear by the stuff and wouldn't have any other brew. So to each their own.

But the ultra-hip laptop crowd that congregates in these places makes me laugh. "Yeah, we're gonna sip overpriced coffee AND get work done!"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JStokes;3972113]You'd feel more comfortable with coloring books, yes?

_[/QUOTE]

Coloring books?

Not exactly... if I wanted to feel like I was hanging around children, I'd peruse your closet.

:dunno: