Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock me v1.0 (2 rounds)

All Pro

Mock me v1.0 (2 rounds)

Round 1

1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    It's going to happen.

2. Denver Broncos - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    Their pass rush is embarrssing. Bowers is a consensus top 3 talent.

3. Buffalo Bills - Partick Peterson, CB, LSU
    They are desperate for help on the DL, but they can use their 2nd rounder or trade back into the 1st. Peterson is one of the best CB prospects in recent memory.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    TO and Ocho are goners. Green is a great prospect who most teams will have as a top 5 prospect.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    Surprising that they didn't go Fairley or Dareus, but they have studs on the DL already. They need help getting to the QB.

6. Cleveland Browns - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
    Best DT in the draft. Strong, athletic, scheme diverse.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
    BPA pick here. Fairley should be gone before this spot.

8. Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    A strong team with a solid OL and running game would be a great fit for Gabbert.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    God how bad is their pass defense? Prince is just a notch below King Patrick.

10. Washington Redskins - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    They need to get this OL in order or no QB will have success there. I see them sticking with Grossman for at least a year. Maybe they snag a QB in the 2nd.

11. Houston Texans - Cam Jordan, DL, California
    Williams and Jordan on the DL... look out.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    If they're going to beat Green Bay, they have to cover. Harris was great at the combine and has lock down CB upside if he can play consistently.

13. Detroit Lions - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
    A pass rusher to take some of the attention of Kong Suh.

14. St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    Lucky he's still on the board here. Very lucky.

15. Miami Dolphins - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    A former TE with great athletic ability for his size.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    They always seem to make head-scratching picks. Rudolph is by far the #1 TE, who knows?

17. New England Patroits - Ryan Kerrigan, DE/OLB, Purdue
    Highly intelligent, hard working dude with athletic ability and a non-stop motor.

18. San Diego Chargers - Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
    Terrorize the QB.

19. New York Giants - Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
    A solid DL prospect to put into that rotation on the front 4.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
    Finally have a franchise QB. Have to protect him.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    Cassel is not as good as some people think. Need to give him plenty of time.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
    A good fit between Freeney and Mathis. Stuffs the run and provides some pass rush.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    King Dunlap and Winston Justice are worthless at RT. Reid loves his OL.

24. New Orleans Saints - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    All-around good back to help keep that offense balanced. Could be a ROY candidate there.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    Clayborn is great off the snap but isn't always consistent. He probably should have come out last year when his stock was higher and the position was less crowded.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Akeem Ayres. LB, UCLA
    Ozzie Newsome always picks the BPA, I think that Ayres is it here. Not sure if he would play inside or outside but he has the skills for both.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    Give Ryan and Turner some additional support.

28. New England Patroits - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    BPA Pick.

29. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    Cutler really needs a #1 target. Knox is a 2 at best. Hester is not a real WR. Baldwin could become a 1,100 yard 10 TD guy in year 1.

30. New York Jets - Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
    Relentless pass rusher, but not quite the athlete that Clay Mattherws is. He could make that entire defense better by beating OTs in 1-v-1 situations... scary proposition for the rest of the AFC.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
    This seems like the most popular pick for the Steelers in all the mocks... seems to make sense to me.

32. Green Bay Packers - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
    Tremendous athlete who can pair with Raji to move around the DL and keep some heat off Matthews.

Round 2

33. New England Patroits - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
    A real stud RB unlike anyone else they have had in New England in a while.

34. Buffalo Bills - Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
    Tremendous athlete who could play in either the 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

35. Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    Huge arm, tremendously talented, questionable character. Classic Bengals selection.

36. Denver Broncos - Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    Run stuffing DT to put next to Bowers for the next 6+ years.

37. Cleveland Browns - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
    Center fielder this defense needs.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.
    Smart, athletic, not a big arm but enough to play in the NFC West.

39. Tennessee Titans - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    Huge, athletic corner with some character flaws. High upside.

40. Dallas Cowboys - Marcus Cannon, OG, TCU
    Huge, powerful guard -- just how Jerry likes 'em.

41. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    Could have been a top 5 pick with a great season. Instead he's here after not showing any improvement from his junior year. But he's the type of athlete Shannahan loves.

42. Houston Texans - Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    Along with Hurricane Johnson, he would take a seriously dangerous passing attack to the next level.

43. Minnesota Vikings - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    If they lose Rice, another WR is needed to play along with Harvin. A good value here. Smith isn't a very good route runner but will he should not be asked to run many precise routes. Let him stretch the D.

44. Detroit Lions - Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida State
    Some help up front. Stafford has to stay healthy if this team will ever have a winning record. I like Hudson to grow into someone who plays at a high level for a long time.

45. San Francisco 49ers - Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
    Looked stiff and a little slow at the combine. May have to move to safety but he's very good.

46. Denver Broncos - Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
    Defensive overhaul continues. 3 down thumper with a knack for big hits.

47. St. Louis Rams - Christian Ballard, DL, Iowa
    A scheme diverse pass rusher who would help take some pressure off Chris Long. Ballard is very athletic but he needs to develop a mean streak.

48. Oakland Raiders - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    Big, strong arm, athletic. Not polished. Fits the Al Davis mold.

49. Jacksonville Jaguars - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
    Gap penetrator. Undersided, but relentless and quick off the ball. Not their biggest need but a good value. Might be able to play left end in a 4-3.

50. San Diego Chargers - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
    Not quite the 6'5" guy AJ Smith likes to take, but he plays big and has top notch talent. A Hakeem Nicks clone.

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
    Superb athlete who could play any LB position in a Tampa-2 defense.

52. New York Giants - Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina
    LB is the biggest weakness on this team. Sturdivant would probably start from day 1.

53. Indianapolis Colts - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    They desperately need to improve the running game and it starts up front.

54. Philadelphia Eagles - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
    Asante Samuel is good but a little over rated. Dimiti Patterson is a bum. They need another CB badly. Dowling has versatility and is a fantastic athlete.

55. Kansas City Chiefs - Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
    Tamba Hali had a great year. But they need someone on the other side. Acho showed much improved athleticism from Senior Bowl to combine and has the athletic ability to stand up as an OLB.

56. New Orleans Saints - Benjamin Ijalana, OL, Villanova
    One of Mike Mayock's personal favorites this year. Ijalana may have to kick inside to guard at the beginning of his NFL career, but he has skills to be a starter for a long time.

57. Seattle Seahawks - Mikel Lesure, RB, Illinois
    They have Leon Washington locked up for a few years but he's not an every down back. A bigger back is a must have for Seattle and Lesure is good value at this point.

58. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Luiget, DL, Illinois
    Another BPA pick. Luiget has a mid-1st round grade from some. I just don't see it but he'd be a steal at this point.

59. Atlanta Falcons - Randall Cobb, WR/KR, Kentucky
    Perfect compliment to Roddy White. Great athlete who can help in the return game while developing as a 2nd or 3rd WR.

60. New England Patroits - Marcus Gilbert, OL, Florida
    Belichick likes taking UF players, and Gilbert would be a good value.

61. San Diego Chargers - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    Brown showed off great footwork at the combine and he really helped his stock. Looked better than the more highly touted Aaron Williams.

62. Chicago Bears - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
    A smaller, change of pace back who plays bigger than his size indicates. Catches the ball well. Could steal some touches from Forte and fits very well into the Martz offense.

63. Pittsburg Steelers - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
    Has all the physical talent in the world, but wasn't well-coached and he needs lots of work. Could become an All-Pro with an educatrion from a top notch staff.

64. Green Bay Packers - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
    James Jones is a FA, Donald Driver is almost 67 years old. Jernigan is a shifty little WR who could be their slot man of the future with Jennings and Nelson locking down the outside spots.

Remaining Jets picks just for sh!ts...

3rd- Jarvis Jenkins, DE, Clemson
    4th- Greg Romeus, OLB, Pitt
    5th- Tyrod Taylor, QB/WR, Virginia Tech
    6th- Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
    7th- Charles Clay, H-Back, Tulsa
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 03-03-2011 at 01:39 PM.

I love seeing mocks with Brooks Reed going to the Jets!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I love seeing mocks with Brooks Reed going to the Jets!
    I don't have any clue what will actually happen, but I have a good feeling about him.

Felt the same way about Kyle Wilson last year.

^^^ Yeah I get that feeling about Reed too...he just fits what we need right now...especially since we could grab a Guy or Ellis for the DL in the 3rd-5th.

good job dude

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    good job dude
    This is just my first crack for the year. I'm sure I'll have an update or two before the draft.

What did you think about the rest of my Jets picks?

All Pro
    Am I the only person in the Universe that think the WR situation is the least of STL's concerns (beside Sammy B) ??

What's more important?

Running back?
    check.

2ndary?
    clearly.

Front 7?
    They overachieved last year to say the least. No one's there at DT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    What did you think about the rest of my Jets picks?
    love Jenkins and Tyrod... great picks... Romeus is snake-bit... i like Greg Little that late (and agree he might just fall that far without deep speed)

i dont see Clay really being on Jets radar... not a blocker... but they do need a backup development TE to backfil for Hartsock.

all in all I can't nitpick... my personal belief is that Bowers will fall but we will see. Something about Clemson first rounders is bad mojo

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Am I the only person in the Universe that think the WR situation is the least of STL's concerns (beside Sammy B) ??

What's more important?

Running back?
    check.

2ndary?
    clearly.

Front 7?
    They overachieved last year to say the least. No one's there at DT.
    They're only a year removed from picking #1 overall, so of course they have needs all over the place. However, they can only take one guy at 14... I think Jones just too good for them to pass up. If he's gone, which is a good possibility, they should probably think about CB or DL.

I do have them taking Ballard in the 2nd.

RB is a position that they can address in the 3rd or 4th round

All Pro
    They're only a year removed from picking #1 overall, so of course they have needs all over the place. However, they can only take one guy at 14... I think Jones just too good for them to pass up. If he's gone, which is a good possibility, they should probably think about CB or DL.

I hear ya, and it's not like Jones is ludicrous, but WR is one of the only positions they DO have some depth at. I think pundits are making a bigger deal out of that positional need for STL. IMO, there'd have to be alot guys gone before they'd consider WR.

Clayton and Avery are both big upsides if they come in healthy.

Gilyard has potential, Coach said himself that the cards just fell in the worst possible way for Marty last year in terms of getting some opportunities.

Robinson and Amandollahahah both proved to be alteast productive as a #3.

Then there's my boy Danario Alexander who in his first game had 4 rec 80-100 yard game and TD.

Plus they have a couple of young pass catching TEs. I don't really see Bradford as having a lack of personel around him to be successful.

There's talent there. Alot more so than DL and their 2ndary.

Gabe Carimi twice: KC and NE

I see you have the Bills taking Houston in the second to address their pass rushing need, but do you think they go Miller in the first with the doubts of Petersons transition to CB and with Byrd already there at FS?

I guess at some point its about getting talent and finding ways to use them anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not having Locker as a 1st round pick is just silly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What?

No its not.

Claussen slid to the second and he was a equal if not better pro prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Locker is a 2nd rounder, anyone taking him earlier then that is insane.

Athleticism and "upside" are 2 of the most overrated qualities for QBs and thats all he has.

His completion %, which is arguably the most telling stat to project success is atrocious, and he didnt win games or step up in big spots.

As far as the jets, I like the projections. If we come away with reed im happy. Wouldnt mind staying with defense, wr and even rb late.

Its the same characters on here regularly, so im sure you all know....im all about herzlich in the late rounds. Just dont see how he wont make it, esp at ILB in a 3-4.

Not really infatuated with any of the 1st round QBs. Like Gabbert, but not like Top 5. I wouldn't take Newton 1st round based on the history of Spread Option QBs. Same applies with Locker to some extent, and that he's **** the bed against defenses with a pulse. And Mallett's just a flat out douche.

I would much rather coach up some of the QBs slated to go in the 2nd-4th range.

I think St. Louis will draft a bigtime target for their young QB to throw to. Then they can get Amendola back in the slot where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Locker is a 2nd rounder, anyone taking him earlier then that is insane.

Athleticism and "upside" are 2 of the most overrated qualities for QBs and thats all he has.

His completion %, which is arguably the most telling stat to project success is atrocious, and he didnt win games or step up in big spots.

As far as the jets, I like the projections. If we come away with reed im happy. Wouldnt mind staying with defense, wr and even rb late.

Its the same characters on here regularly, so im sure you all know....im all about herzlich in the late rounds. Just dont see how he wont make it, esp at ILB in a 3-4.
    Man I'd really like it if we picked up Herzlich laer in the draft, he'll reap big rewards as he recovers fully from the cancer and gets his explosiveness back, exposed to top class training and rehab etc

Cam at 1 just will not happen. If they really want a lesser Vince Young they will just get the real Vince Young in FA. People do seem to be forgetting how deep the QB market is this year. I do not get why any team would jump on a QB early in this weak class. He may go 3 but only because it is the Bills. The same club that drafted Loseman the meek and Edwards the long waiter. Why not draft your 3rd QB bust in 10 years. The guy has one thing going for him and that is his physical ability. Surprise that really didn't stand out at the combine with both Locker and Colin Kaepernick staying right with him and both looked better passing. Colin is pretty much the same player and will be lucky to be a 4th rounder. Kiper was pushing Clausen at 1 this time last year and it did not happen then either. That guy couldn't eval a QB to save his life.

I'd also say no way Fairly falls that far either. He is the top 4-3 DT and a top 3 overall with 4 4-3 picking in the top 5. I guess he could fall I'm not big on DTs early but you you have a lot in the 1st. SF is a 3-4 thou so either way not sure I get that one. Dareus could go earlier as a 3-4 DE so I do get that. I still think he'd be the best pick for the Bills.

I do like seeing something other then RB to Miami. I am loosing faith in Ingram.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Gabe Carimi twice: KC and NE

I see you have the Bills taking Houston in the second to address their pass rushing need, but do you think they go Miller in the first with the doubts of Petersons transition to CB and with Byrd already there at FS?

I guess at some point its about getting talent and finding ways to use them anyway.
    DOH!

I'll have to fix that. I have no idea how that slipped by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Cam at 1 just will not happen. If they really want a lesser Vince Young they will just get the real Vince Young in FA. People do seem to be forgetting how deep the QB market is this year. I do not get why any team would jump on a QB early in this weak class. He may go 3 but only because it is the Bills. The same club that drafted Loseman the meek and Edwards the long waiter. Why not draft your 3rd QB bust in 10 years. The guy has one thing going for him and that is his physical ability. Surprise that really didn't stand out at the combine with both Locker and Colin Kaepernick staying right with him and both looked better passing. Colin is pretty much the same player and will be lucky to be a 4th rounder. Kiper was pushing Clausen at 1 this time last year and it did not happen then either. That guy couldn't eval a QB to save his life.

I'd also say no way Fairly falls that far either. He is the top 4-3 DT and a top 3 overall with 4 4-3 picking in the top 5. I guess he could fall I'm not big on DTs early but you you have a lot in the 1st. SF is a 3-4 thou so either way not sure I get that one. Dareus could go earlier as a 3-4 DE so I do get that. I still think he'd be the best pick for the Bills.

I do like seeing something other then RB to Miami. I am loosing faith in Ingram.
    I think Newton is a better passer than Vince Young... and he was the #3 pick. He looked good at his workout, wasn't great at the combine. I wonder if he will throw again before the draft. But most importantly, the guy is a winner -- the anti-Jake Locker.

Fairley can play in either a 4-3 or 3-4 so that doesn't really make a difference on where he will end up. If he's there for SF, it would be stupid for them to pass up.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 03-04-2011 at 06:21 AM.

The Raiders second round Pick won't be a QB (too early for that) as they are committed to jason campbell and the fact they need to fix the oline. (center and guards) Especially now that LG Robert Galery was told he won't be back with raiders. Lil Wisnhiewski there when Raiders pick its going to be tough for Raiders to pass up on him.

Also with the Patriots sitting with that many picks in the first two rounds. Wouldn't supprise me IF Raiders trade for the Patriots second round Pick(carolina orginally ) for a number 1 Pick in 2012. Bellichik Likes to stockpile future number 1 picks.