Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock me v1.0 (2 rounds)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I think St. Louis will draft a bigtime target for their young QB to throw to. Then they can get Amendola back in the slot where he belongs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The Raiders second round Pick won't be a QB (too early for that) as they are committed to jason campbell and the fact they need to fix the oline. (center and guards) Especially now that LG Robert Galery was told he won't be back with raiders. Lil Wisnhiewski there when Raiders pick its going to be tough for Raiders to pass up on him.

Also with the Patriots sitting with that many picks in the first two rounds. Wouldn't supprise me IF Raiders trade for the Patriots second round Pick(carolina orginally ) for a number 1 Pick in 2012. Bellichik Likes to stockpile future number 1 picks.
    Let's face it, nobody knows who Crazy Al is going to draft. Only reason I put Kaepernick there is because he ran a great 40 for a 6'5" 230 QB.

And you're probably right about the 2nd point. The Pats are absolutely going to turn what they have now into more picks. There's no way they stay put at all these spots. The Raiders might be the ones to make a deal with, especially if they're willing to give up a future #1... since it's a virtual lock that they will be picking in the top 20, maybe the top 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Let's face it, nobody knows who Crazy Al is going to draft. Only reason I put Kaepernick there is because he ran a great 40 for a 6'5" 230 QB.

And you're probably right about the 2nd point. The Pats are absolutely going to turn what they have now into more picks. There's no way they stay put at all these spots. The Raiders might be the ones to make a deal with, especially if they're willing to give up a future #1... since it's a virtual lock that they will be picking in the top 20, maybe the top 10.
    Thats one position Qb that Al Davis has NEVER drafted very well . Only QB Raiders ever drafted with sucess was Ken Stabler, That was the Raider scouts pick in the second round ,, right after Al Davis chose his QB in the first. ( Eldridge Dickey). Raiders are most likely going Oline- Center with thaT PICK.

Raiders like one of the Qbs they will be targeting in the mid rounds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paradis,

Relying on Mark Clayton who outside of 4-6 games with the Rams last year was a complete bust, as a number one receiver is just not going to happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Paradis,

Relying on Mark Clayton who outside of 4-6 games with the Rams last year was a complete bust, as a number one receiver is just not going to happen.
    They will take 1 of the 2 big guns at WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Thats one position Qb that Al Davis has NEVER drafted very well . Only QB Raiders ever drafted with sucess was Ken Stabler, That was the Raider scouts pick in the second round ,, right after Al Davis chose his QB in the first. ( Eldridge Dickey). Raiders are most likely going Oline- Center with thaT PICK.

Raiders like one of the Qbs they will be targeting in the mid rounds.
    where's the other 5 paragraphs praising the Raiders and lecturing us?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Paradis,

Who said anything about relying on him? Danario Alexander (pic) only led the NCAA in everything in 2009. Add him with Avery. And amendollahah. and Clayton. and Gilyard who they're still grooming. etc etc.

I'm not saying the team's holding a boldin and fitz combo. I'm just saying that team could sure as f*ck use some talent and depth elsewhere before WR.

They will take 1 of the 2 big guns at WR.
    No. Just no. If you're gonna disagree with me, then at least address the encyclopedia of reasons i gave on page 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami takes another DE with Merling, Langford, Oldrick and Starks on the roster?

The jags taking a tight end in the top half of the first when thier biggest need is DE and the next two picks are DE is a lot more than a head scratcher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Who said anything about relying on him? Danario Alexander (pic) only led the NCAA in everything in 2009. Add him with Avery. And amendollahah. and Clayton. and Gilyard who they're still grooming. etc etc.

I'm not saying the team's holding a boldin and fitz combo. I'm just saying that team could sure as f*ck use some talent and depth elsewhere before WR.

No. Just no. If you're gonna disagree with me, then at least address the encyclopedia of reasons i gave on page 1.
    I think they will address other needs if Julio Jones and AJ Green are off the board. If one is there, I doubt they will pass on the opportunity to get Bradford an elite WR talent like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they will address other needs if Julio Jones and AJ Green are off the board. If one is there, I doubt they will pass on the opportunity to get Bradford an elite WR talent like that.
    If you believe that Jones has elite potential... I'm not quite sold yet. I've seen flashes, but i've seen some dud-ly performances too. His measurables are certainly alluring.

To me STL is desperate need of help in the secondary and D line, for more pressing than their need for another WR.

They're also in that fabled middle-spot of the 1st round. Lots of potential to jockey around there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Miami takes another DE with Merling, Langford, Oldrick and Starks on the roster?

The jags taking a tight end in the top half of the first when thier biggest need is DE and the next two picks are DE is a lot more than a head scratcher.
    Who else would you have Miami taking?

Do you think the Jags are going to keep taking DL in the 1st round every year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Round 1

1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    It's going to happen.

2. Denver Broncos - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    Their pass rush is embarrssing. Bowers is a consensus top 3 talent.

3. Buffalo Bills - Partick Peterson, CB, LSU
    They are desperate for help on the DL, but they can use their 2nd rounder or trade back into the 1st. Peterson is one of the best CB prospects in recent memory.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    TO and Ocho are goners. Green is a great prospect who most teams will have as a top 5 prospect.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    Surprising that they didn't go Fairley or Dareus, but they have studs on the DL already. They need help getting to the QB.

6. Cleveland Browns - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
    Best DT in the draft. Strong, athletic, scheme diverse.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
    BPA pick here. Fairley should be gone before this spot.

8. Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    A strong team with a solid OL and running game would be a great fit for Gabbert.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    God how bad is their pass defense? Prince is just a notch below King Patrick.

10. Washington Redskins - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    They need to get this OL in order or no QB will have success there. I see them sticking with Grossman for at least a year. Maybe they snag a QB in the 2nd.

11. Houston Texans - Cam Jordan, DL, California
    Williams and Jordan on the DL... look out.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    If they're going to beat Green Bay, they have to cover. Harris was great at the combine and has lock down CB upside if he can play consistently.

13. Detroit Lions - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
    A pass rusher to take some of the attention of Kong Suh.

14. St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    Lucky he's still on the board here. Very lucky.

15. Miami Dolphins - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    A former TE with great athletic ability for his size.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    They always seem to make head-scratching picks. Rudolph is by far the #1 TE, who knows?

17. New England Patroits - Ryan Kerrigan, DE/OLB, Purdue
    Highly intelligent, hard working dude with athletic ability and a non-stop motor.

18. San Diego Chargers - Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
    Terrorize the QB.

19. New York Giants - Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
    A solid DL prospect to put into that rotation on the front 4.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
    Finally have a franchise QB. Have to protect him.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    Cassel is not as good as some people think. Need to give him plenty of time.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
    A good fit between Freeney and Mathis. Stuffs the run and provides some pass rush.

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    King Dunlap and Winston Justice are worthless at RT. Reid loves his OL.

24. New Orleans Saints - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    All-around good back to help keep that offense balanced. Could be a ROY candidate there.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    Clayborn is great off the snap but isn't always consistent. He probably should have come out last year when his stock was higher and the position was less crowded.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Akeem Ayres. LB, UCLA
    Ozzie Newsome always picks the BPA, I think that Ayres is it here. Not sure if he would play inside or outside but he has the skills for both.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    Give Ryan and Turner some additional support.

28. New England Patroits - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    BPA Pick.

29. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    Cutler really needs a #1 target. Knox is a 2 at best. Hester is not a real WR. Baldwin could become a 1,100 yard 10 TD guy in year 1.

30. New York Jets - Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
    Relentless pass rusher, but not quite the athlete that Clay Mattherws is. He could make that entire defense better by beating OTs in 1-v-1 situations... scary proposition for the rest of the AFC.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
    This seems like the most popular pick for the Steelers in all the mocks... seems to make sense to me.

32. Green Bay Packers - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
    Tremendous athlete who can pair with Raji to move around the DL and keep some heat off Matthews.

Round 2

33. New England Patroits - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
    A real stud RB unlike anyone else they have had in New England in a while.

34. Buffalo Bills - Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
    Tremendous athlete who could play in either the 3-4 or 4-3 defense.

35. Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    Huge arm, tremendously talented, questionable character. Classic Bengals selection.

36. Denver Broncos - Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    Run stuffing DT to put next to Bowers for the next 6+ years.

37. Cleveland Browns - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
    Center fielder this defense needs.

38. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.
    Smart, athletic, not a big arm but enough to play in the NFC West.

39. Tennessee Titans - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    Huge, athletic corner with some character flaws. High upside.

40. Dallas Cowboys - Marcus Cannon, OG, TCU
    Huge, powerful guard -- just how Jerry likes 'em.

41. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    Could have been a top 5 pick with a great season. Instead he's here after not showing any improvement from his junior year. But he's the type of athlete Shannahan loves.

42. Houston Texans - Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    Along with Hurricane Johnson, he would take a seriously dangerous passing attack to the next level.

43. Minnesota Vikings - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    If they lose Rice, another WR is needed to play along with Harvin. A good value here. Smith isn't a very good route runner but will he should not be asked to run many precise routes. Let him stretch the D.

44. Detroit Lions - Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida State
    Some help up front. Stafford has to stay healthy if this team will ever have a winning record. I like Hudson to grow into someone who plays at a high level for a long time.

45. San Francisco 49ers - Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
    Looked stiff and a little slow at the combine. May have to move to safety but he's very good.

46. Denver Broncos - Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
    Defensive overhaul continues. 3 down thumper with a knack for big hits.

47. St. Louis Rams - Christian Ballard, DL, Iowa
    A scheme diverse pass rusher who would help take some pressure off Chris Long. Ballard is very athletic but he needs to develop a mean streak.

48. Oakland Raiders - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    Big, strong arm, athletic. Not polished. Fits the Al Davis mold.

49. Jacksonville Jaguars - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
    Gap penetrator. Undersided, but relentless and quick off the ball. Not their biggest need but a good value. Might be able to play left end in a 4-3.

50. San Diego Chargers - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
    Not quite the 6'5" guy AJ Smith likes to take, but he plays big and has top notch talent. A Hakeem Nicks clone.

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
    Superb athlete who could play any LB position in a Tampa-2 defense.

52. New York Giants - Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina
    LB is the biggest weakness on this team. Sturdivant would probably start from day 1.

53. Indianapolis Colts - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    They desperately need to improve the running game and it starts up front.

54. Philadelphia Eagles - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
    Asante Samuel is good but a little over rated. Dimiti Patterson is a bum. They need another CB badly. Dowling has versatility and is a fantastic athlete.

55. Kansas City Chiefs - Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
    Tamba Hali had a great year. But they need someone on the other side. Acho showed much improved athleticism from Senior Bowl to combine and has the athletic ability to stand up as an OLB.

56. New Orleans Saints - Benjamin Ijalana, OL, Villanova
    One of Mike Mayock's personal favorites this year. Ijalana may have to kick inside to guard at the beginning of his NFL career, but he has skills to be a starter for a long time.

57. Seattle Seahawks - Mikel Lesure, RB, Illinois
    They have Leon Washington locked up for a few years but he's not an every down back. A bigger back is a must have for Seattle and Lesure is good value at this point.

58. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Luiget, DL, Illinois
    Another BPA pick. Luiget has a mid-1st round grade from some. I just don't see it but he'd be a steal at this point.

59. Atlanta Falcons - Randall Cobb, WR/KR, Kentucky
    Perfect compliment to Roddy White. Great athlete who can help in the return game while developing as a 2nd or 3rd WR.

60. New England Patroits - Marcus Gilbert, OL, Florida
    Belichick likes taking UF players, and Gilbert would be a good value.

61. San Diego Chargers - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    Brown showed off great footwork at the combine and he really helped his stock. Looked better than the more highly touted Aaron Williams.

62. Chicago Bears - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
    A smaller, change of pace back who plays bigger than his size indicates. Catches the ball well. Could steal some touches from Forte and fits very well into the Martz offense.

63. Pittsburg Steelers - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
    Has all the physical talent in the world, but wasn't well-coached and he needs lots of work. Could become an All-Pro with an educatrion from a top notch staff.

64. Green Bay Packers - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
    James Jones is a FA, Donald Driver is almost 67 years old. Jernigan is a shifty little WR who could be their slot man of the future with Jennings and Nelson locking down the outside spots.

Remaining Jets picks just for sh!ts...

3rd- Jarvis Jenkins, DE, Clemson
    4th- Greg Romeus, OLB, Pitt
    5th- Tyrod Taylor, QB/WR, Virginia Tech
    6th- Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
    7th- Charles Clay, H-Back, Tulsa
    So the Pats have 4 picks in the top 60 players to the Jets one

Would be nice if they could hit a couple of home runs here.

OLB, DL AND OL is where all of the Patriots picks will go. Maybe a CB if Belichick sees value on someone he likes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who else would you have Miami taking?

Do you think the Jags are going to keep taking DL in the 1st round every year?
    I think Akeem Ayers as a inside LB, Torrey Smith, or Ingram all are better fits. They most likely will trade down however. i would not be surprised to see a trade with philly to move down to thier spot and pick up Kolb.

Why would the jags not take a DE, the pats took Seymour, Warren and Wilfork. Brandon Harris, Torrey Smith or Mallet/Locker are also good choices.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a Jets perspective I like the positions addressed with their 1st 2 picks...I'd like to see a NT taken in the 4th in place of Romeus..I'd also like to see a DB taken...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DOH!

I'll have to fix that. I have no idea how that slipped by.

I think Newton is a better passer than Vince Young... and he was the #3 pick. He looked good at his workout, wasn't great at the combine. I wonder if he will throw again before the draft. But most importantly, the guy is a winner -- the anti-Jake Locker.

Fairley can play in either a 4-3 or 3-4 so that doesn't really make a difference on where he will end up. If he's there for SF, it would be stupid for them to pass up.
    We will have to agree to disagree on that 1st one I think VY was and is a much better passer. I wouldn't take either in a skills drill thou. Cam is as much of a winner as Danny Wuerffel or Jason White until he plays and wins a Pro game he is just a wet rookie. Many good QBs did not have a great college career but showed the skills to play pro ball. Cam is one of those guys that looked great in a college game but has 0 pro skills. Even in those "great work out" he doen't look great and those are scripted plays he has likely done 100 times.

He has a long road ahead of him even for a team willing to gamble. Carolina would need to start him now and Cam would get killed if he did because of that. He needs a team that has an option to play. Because Carolina has Clausen they already have that project in there stable. His upside is way higher then Cams given his skill set he is much more well rounded. He is just a butt IMO which is why I think he fell. I hate that guy but I will admit he has all the tools of a SB winning QB. There are just few teams Cam fits as well. I almost expect Philly to end up with him if they do trade Kolb. Which would be funny because Read always ends up with guys that don't play the style he tries to play.

I have not seen it in Fairley. Maybe he make the switch over OK but it would be a bad gamble for little return. He could be the next Haysworth if he is on a good 4-3. As a three-technique tackle, Fairley's game is pressure and quickness and is not based on strength. 3-4 front 3 is pure strength and that would be a huge change for him to absorb IMO.