Thread: A couple of DBs who REALLY helped themselves in Indy

All League

A couple of DBs who REALLY helped themselves in Indy

I watched the combine on the NFL network, so these are just things I caught while watching on TV, bit a couple of guys for the early/mid rounds (3-5) to help the back end caught my eye....

Curtis Brown, CB Texas 6'0, 185 lbs

Guy ran a 4.5 but was productive, has good size and technique, had great coaching, and during the combine drills, looked REALLY fluid and good in his dropback and showed off some good ball skills when he went up HIGH and grabbed a pass during a drill.

I doubt Brown lasts till the third, but hes a good ballplayer that could be a great help in the D. Also a punt returner. Don't sleep on the secondary. I remember guys getting WIDE OPEN against the Jets when coverd by players not named Revis and Cromartie, and with the Packers, Pats, and others exploiting our Nickle/dime DBs, you can't have to many good ones.

Shiloh Keo, S Idaho 5'11 220

Dude looked good and more athletic than expected in drills...Mayock and Deion Sanders were both LOVING on this guy. High motor competitor with decent ball skills. Probably not great in coverage given his 4.7 40, but a supposedly a very instinctive player.

I doubt the Jets draft a Safety of his "type" with Eric Smith and Leonhard still on the roster, but he is a guy that really helped himself in Indy.

What did you think of my neighbor, Josh Thomas?

I thought he did fairly well and was more athletic than i thought. 4.43 40 and 38 vertical, which i think was second best if I'm not mistaken.

All League
    curtis brown did kill it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    I watched the combine on the NFL network, so these are just things I caught while watching on TV, bit a couple of guys for the early/mid rounds (3-5) to help the back end caught my eye....

Curtis Brown, CB Texas 6'0, 185 lbs

Guy ran a 4.5 but was productive, has good size and technique, had great coaching, and during the combine drills, looked REALLY fluid and good in his dropback and showed off some good ball skills when he went up HIGH and grabbed a pass during a drill.

I doubt Brown lasts till the third, but hes a good ballplayer that could be a great help in the D. Also a punt returner. Don't sleep on the secondary. I remember guys getting WIDE OPEN against the Jets when coverd by players not named Revis and Cromartie, and with the Packers, Pats, and others exploiting our Nickle/dime DBs, you can't have to many good ones.

Shiloh Keo, S Idaho 5'11 220Dude looked good and more athletic than expected in drills...Mayock and Deion Sanders were both LOVING on this guy. High motor competitor with decent ball skills. Probably not great in coverage given his 4.7 40, but a supposedly a very instinctive player.

I doubt the Jets draft a Safety of his "type" with Eric Smith and Leonhard still on the roster, but he is a guy that really helped himself in Indy.
    KEO reminds me of Polamalu..

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    KEO reminds me of Polamalu..
    Yeah , would be good for the Jets to get some playmaking DBs/telented depth players