Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh the humanity!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Oh the humanity!

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3nb9x5VhY[/URL]

[B]Angry rampage at Buy Rite Liquor astounds owner, destroys $1,600 in booze[/B]

[B][/B]

[B]12:06 AM, Mar. 4, 2011 |
    [URL="http://www.lohud.com/comments/article/20110304/NEWS03/103040349/Angry-rampage-Buy-Rite-Liquor-astounds-owner-destroys-1-600-booze"]54Comments [/URL][/B]

[IMG]http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite.net/westchester/37861007001/37861007001_813120458001_liquor-lady.jpg?pubId=37861007001[/IMG]

[B]Liquor store rampage: After a dispute with a liquor store clerk in Central Nyack, a woman allegedly knocked dozens of bottles of alcohol valued at nearly $2,000 off the shelves. Surveillance video[/B]

[LIST][/LIST]

Written by
    [B][EMAIL="jlerner@lohud.com"]Jane Lerner[/EMAIL] [/B]

[IMG]http://cmsimg.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BH&Date=20110304&Category=NEWS03&ArtNo=103040349&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0[/IMG] [URL="javascript:void(null);"]Zoom[/URL]
    [B]Chris Giacopelli demonstrates Thursday how a woman knocked dozens of bottles of alcohol off the shelves of his family business, Rite Buy Wine and Liquor in Central Nyack. / Vincent DiSalvio/The Journal News[/B]

[B][B]Lost inventory[/B][/B]

[B]1[/B] 1.75-liter bottle of Bacardi Silver Rum — $26.99
    [B]1[/B] 1-liter bottle of Bacardi Dragon Berry-Flavored Rum — $21.99
    [B]1[/B] 1.75-liter bottle of Bacardi Gold Rum — $24.99
    [B]2[/B] 12-pack cases of Carta Vieja Chilean wine (24 750-milliliter bottles) — $143.76
    [B]6[/B] .750-milliliter bottles of Firefly Iced Tea-Flavored Vodka — $149.94
    [B]2[/B] 1.75-liter bottles of Grand Marnier Liqueur — $119.98
    [B][SIZE=3]4 750-milliliter bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch — $719.96
    [/SIZE]2[/B] 1-liter bottles of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Scotch — $169.98
    [B]2[/B] 750-milliliter bottles of Johnnie Walker Green Label Scotch — $109.98
    [B]1[/B] 1.75-liter bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label Scotch — $35.99
    [B]1[/B] 1.75-liter bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila — $39.99
    [B]5[/B] 750-milliliter bottles of Skinnygirl Margarita — $74.95
    [B]Total = $1,638.50[/B]

CENTRAL NYACK — Chris Giacopelli isn't one to cry over spilled milk.
    Or even spilled Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch at $180 a bottle.
    But he is still fuming over an unruly customer who burst into his liquor store last week, caused a ruckus and then knocked dozens of bottles of booze off the shelves — including four bottles of the Johnnie Blue, whose loss could bring tears to Scotch lovers everywhere.
    "Twenty-five years in the business and I've never seen anything like it," he recalled Thursday, sitting in his office in the back of his shop. "Unbelieveable, just unbelievable."
    Mahogany Morrow, 31, of Spring Valley, turned herself in to Clarkstown police Wednesday night, a week after the Feb. 23 incident. Investigators expect to charge her with a felony count of criminal mischief.
    Morrow is accused of pulling up to Rite Buy Wine and Liquor in the Hub Shopping Center at 6:30 that night in the back of a taxi.
    What happened next was captured on a surveillance tape.
    Giacopelli said the clerk on duty was helping another customer. After just 40 seconds in the store, the woman from the taxi began complaining loudly that she wasn't being served fast enough.
    The woman then asked to use the store's restroom.
    When the clerk — who said she smelled alcohol on the woman's breath — refused, the woman turned to leave and, with her arm extended, knocked dozens of liquor bottles to the ground.
    "She wrecked the place," Giacopelli said. "Made a huge mess."
    The woman left the store without taking anything. Police tracked down the cabdriver, who told them that the woman asked to be taken to the Palisades Center mall. She said she worked at Dave & Busters there.
    Giacopelli and his family were left to clean up after the rampage.
    They estimated that the woman destroyed 51 bottles of liquor and wine worth a little more than $1,600.
    And poor Johnnie Walker; she hit him particularly hard.
    Besides the Blue Label, which is so rare that each bottle comes with its own serial number, she took out bottles of Black, Green and Gold label, all on the pricey side.
    The incident left the store staff stunned, Giacopelli said. Even his golden retriever , Rex, was startled when he lapped up a bit of a boozy puddle, Giacopelli said.
    "He didn't like it," he said.
    Giacopelli wants his regular customers to know that the odd encounter with the enraged woman was an isolated incident.
    "This is a very safe environment," he said. "We never have problems like this."
    Giacopelli plans to file an insurance claim for the lost inventory and cleanup.
    But he also hopes that, once the suspect is charged, prosecutors seek restitution for his loss.
    "She should pay for what she did," he said. "It was totally uncalled for."

[URL]http://www.lohud.com/article/20110304/NEWS03/103040349/Angry-rampage-Buy-Rite-Liquor-astounds-owner-destroys-1-600-booze?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage[/URL]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

there's a video clip if you hit the link

[IMG]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5356/horrified.gif[/IMG]

Destroying liquor is right up there with dumb asses destroying guitars after performances. There should be some kind of additional penalty for wrecking the good stuff.

If I owned a liquor store, there certainly wouldn't be 4 of the same $170 bottle on the shelf.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3972977][[B][SIZE=3]4 750-milliliter bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch — $719.96[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

ANyone check under this guys desk?

:)

[QUOTE=jetswin;3972977]
    Giacopelli plans to file an insurance claim for the lost inventory and cleanup.
    [/QUOTE]

:yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3973015]If I owned a liquor store, there certainly wouldn't be 4 of the same $170 bottle on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Im sure the Louis was behind the counter!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;3973020]Agreed. Im sure the Louis was behind the counter!!!![/QUOTE]

Watch this guy change his tune if the insurance co. asks to view the surveillance tape.... and to interview the stock help.

-

Hall Of Fame
    she didn't even touch the top shelf stuff

[url]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/03/1-woman-liquor-store-wrecking-crew-explains-herself/[/url]
    Last edited by Timmy®; 03-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3973038] Aiello showed the Mahogany morrow video to Manhattan therapist Ruth Lippin. [B](Can you say...HUGE LIBERAL?:rolleyes:)[/B]
    “We live in a society where there is tons of stress and one of the results of stress is chronic anger,” Lippin said.

Morrow is a single mom who recently moved from Brooklyn to Rockland.

[B][I]Lippin said Morrow seems like a good person who had a really, really bad day.[/I][/B]:rolleyes: oh man.
    [/QUOTE]

aaaaaand the race card!

This liquor store cretinn is the new "Bring Amberlamps" instigator chick.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3973038]she didn't even touch the top shelf stuff

[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/03/1-woman-liquor-store-wrecking-crew-explains-herself/[/URL][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    “I think we have to look at her with a lot of compassion and absolutely with ‘there by the grace of God go I.’ I think we’ve all felt those feelings, we’ve all felt those physical sensations. She did not control them,” Lippin said.
    [/QUOTE]

yes because whenever I have to wait nearly a minute for help in a store I trash it...give me a ****ing break

[QUOTE=jetswin;3973050]yes because whenever I have to wait nearly a minute for help in a store I trash it...give me a ****ing break[/QUOTE]

She probably got stuck behind one of those "exact change" somso*****es.

Bewildered Beast
    She's sorry she got caught; I doubt highly that "you people" meant racially; it was meant "You ****ing stressed-out *******s that wreck my evenings with your narcissistic demands"

I hope this chick gets the chair.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Btw, Rockland County is really distinguishing itself as an up and coming community lately.

:eek:

:ontome:

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3973080]Btw, Rockland County is really distinguishing itself as an up and coming community lately.

-[/QUOTE]

That's where LT takes his women.

:O

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3973080]Btw, Rockland County is really distinguishing itself as an up and coming community lately.

-[/QUOTE]
    I'm trying to figure out who is drinking Johnny Blue in those parts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3973092]I'm trying to figure out who is drinking Johnny Blue in those parts?[/QUOTE]

Thats why I figure Vinny Boombatz the manager is trying to write off the four bottles he had behind the counter. Better to drink them AND get your money back from insurance... than to have them gathering dust.

Prolly poured them into different bottles then threw the original bottles on the floor with the rest of the pee water. Take some pictures for Allstate.

[QUOTE=32green;3973032]Watch this guy change his tune if the insurance co. asks to view the surveillance tape.... and to interview the stock help.

-[/QUOTE]

Why do you always assume the worst in people?

[QUOTE=FF2®;3973103]Why do you always assume the worst in people?[/QUOTE]

When you are a cop on the mean streets for years it'll do it to ya. Do you think Baretta, Starsky and Hutch or Mannix didn't expect the worst of people after a few years?

Jets Insider VIP
    I need some alcohol.

Anyone know where (else) I can get some?