Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearest Mall To Paramus (That's Open Sunday)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nybaseball5;3974039]don't let rockland deceive you. The palisades mall is a discusting building and was rushed to be built. It also is sinking into the ground. It is all city trash that go there. Most people that live in rockland shop and the westchester mall or garden state mall. On sundays I go up to the woodbury commons. Try that next time. Its prob a 35-40 min ride for you.[/QUOTE]

Woodbury Commons :thumbup:

Pallisades Mall :thdown2: (gross and classless)

Willowbrook Mall :thdown2: (sleaze city)

Short Hills Mall :thumbup:

all the MILFs that go to the Short Hills Mall: :thumbup::thumbup: (the real reason to go)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :O[QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;3974060]i didnt even know blue laws still existed...everything is open on sundays out here even on holidays.[/QUOTE]

only in Bergen County. Bergen has some very nice towns, but overall it's the most overrated county in NJ and a very poor value for the money it costs to live there. Crowded, traffic, vastly overrated schools, over taxed and you can't even shop on Sundays. A county run by idiots. No offense, but no thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974127]:O

only in Bergen County. Bergen has some very nice towns, but overall it's the most overrated county in NJ and a very poor value for the money it costs to live there. Crowded, traffic, vastly overrated schools, over taxed and you can't even shop on Sundays. A county run by idiots. No offense, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

[I]
    ***Disclaimer****: Bergen County is a very nice area, but it is just not for me...people like JStokes make me think it's not all bad...[/I]

I could not agree more. I never ventured into Bergen County until 1. I started working out of college and 2. I started dating a girl from up there. Below is a list of the things I dislike most about Bergen County:

1. Inflated, false sense of importance because they are so close to the city and a "look down upon" attitude for the rest of Northern NJ and some of the nicer parts. I had a buddy in college who was from Harrington Park (not exactly Alpine, but a nice neighborhood) and thought where I was from, the Chester area, was "South Jersey"...that just did it for me right there.

2. Asians...lots of them (no offense to any Asians on here, but you know what I mean when they get behind the wheel...my brother's wife is Asian, so it's more about the driving habits than anything else)

3. Bad drivers...might have something to do with all the Asians, but what can you do

4. Over crowding...everywhere you go there is traffic and just people on top of people...smaller lots (unless you have a mac daddy mansion) so there are just a ton of people in a really small area

5. Traffic...see above

6. Ignorance...many people in Bergen County (at least the ones I have interacted with) have never even heard of Short Hills, Bernardsville, Bedminster, Harding, Mendham, Chester etc. and when I decided to show them some of the nicer areas OTHER than Bergen County this one person in particular said "wow, who would have thought this even existed?"

7. The people...a LOT, not all of course, of the people are just not really hoighty, toighty but just "flashy and rude" and feel this sense of entitlement for some reason...I can't tell you exactly why, but they just carry this type of disposition. I know plenty of wealthy people who do not need to carry this "flashy and rude" vibe in order to feel good about themselves...maybe it's just the way the area operates, I don't really know. Also, some people who are not even that well off, they pride themselves on "all of the celebrities who live in the area" and you get a lot of "oooo, well Phil Simms is from Franklin Lakes and Rev Run (who the hell is Rev Run) lives in Saddle River"...whoopy ****ing doo

**Just overall a very overrated and 'full of yourself' type place...Me, I prefer some of the nicer sections out in western NJ and down in Monmouth county for a little more space, a little more breathing room and less bad drivers. I told my girlfriend that I really would not want to raise a family there, and she got SUPER bent out of shape and just could not understand why ANYONE would ever NOT want to live in such a beautiful area...well, to me, there are plenty of nice (if not nicer) areas in NJ that do not contain all of the above things I mentioned.
    Last edited by SouthTown; 03-07-2011 at 09:58 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974126]
    all the MILFs that go to the Short Hills Mall: :thumbup::thumbup: (the real reason to go)[/QUOTE]

:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should have went to Rockaway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3973724]Short Hills is more your speed. Instead of Hondas and Fords on display stands on the floor, they have Porsches and Bentleys.[/QUOTE]

My father used to take me to Short Thrills Mall as a kid in my late teens, to show me how money attracts women....Some of da nicest lookin' broads in Joisey.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3973910]I'm home and safe.

We got what we needed due to the strong retail selection at Palisades, but the architecture is abysmal and the clientele is very middle-class. Lots of ethnic and cultural diversity which is hard for the kids to handle. We'll be going to Short Hills if we have to shop on Sunday's again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Stay in NJ. No sales tax on clothes. Did you try Willowbrook? You should tell us what stores you are looking for next time and we can give you recommendations.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;3974835]Stay in NJ. No sales tax on clothes. Did you try Willowbrook? You should tell us what stores you are looking for next time and we can give you recommendations.[/QUOTE]

If he got scared of where he went, why in god's name would you send him to Willowbrook? That place is a **** hole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3974842]If he got scared of where he went, why in god's name would you send him to Willowbrook? That place is a **** hole.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. Go to Jersey Gardens then talk to me. :)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nybaseball5;3974039]don't let rockland deceive you. The palisades mall is a discusting building and was rushed to be built. It also is sinking into the ground. It is all city trash that go there. Most people that live in rockland shop and the westchester mall or garden state mall. On sundays I go up to the woodbury commons. Try that next time. Its prob a 35-40 min ride for you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. The stores in the mall are nice, but the place feels like a Queens mall from the 1980's and the people there smell.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974126]Woodbury Commons :thumbup:

all the MILFs that go to the Short Hills Mall: :thumbup::thumbup: (the real reason to go)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Where were you on Sunday when I needed you?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3974816]Should have went to Rockaway.[/QUOTE]

Why? That's pretty far from Bergen County and what does the Rockaway Mall have that's unique? Not nearly as upscale as Short Hills or even GSP. Bridgewater nicer too. Same ol'.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3974842]If he got scared of where he went, why in god's name would you send him to Willowbrook? That place is a **** hole.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3974853]It's not that bad. Go to Jersey Gardens then talk to me. :)[/QUOTE]

Willowbrook is well known for crime in the parking lots. Kidnappings, stalkers and general creepiness just oozes in that place. Bodies found in trunks too. My wife hates that place and is totally skeeved out by it. We don't let our daughter go there alone. True this can happen at any mall and it has been reported that stalkers prowl the parking lots for teenaged girls at Rockaway too (the mall closest to where I live).

But in my book, the winner for the dumpiest, sleaziest creepiest mall in Essex/Morris/Bergen/Passaic/Somerset is by far the Livingston Mall. yuckaroo. All the upper middle class and wealthy go to Short Hills and all of the Oranges and Newark go to Livingston, just a couple of miles away. The 73 bus from Newark stops there every 10 minutes. The teenagers who attend the prestigious private school Newark Academy (in Livingston) are warned by the administration not to cross the street and go there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3974874]Thanks. Where were you on Sunday when I needed you?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

at the Short Hills Mall with my very own personal MILF.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974914]Willowbrook is well known for crime in the parking lots. Kidnappings, stalkers and general creepiness just oozes in that place. Bodies found in trunks too. My wife hates that place and is totally skeeved out by it. We don't let our daughter go there alone. True this can happen at any mall and it has been reported that stalkers prowl the parking lots for teenaged girls at Rockaway too (the mall closest to where I live).

But in my book, the winner for the dumpiest, sleaziest creepiest mall in Essex/Morris/Bergen/Passaic/Somerset is by far the Livingston Mall. yuckaroo. All the upper middle class and wealthy go to Short Hills and all of the Oranges and Newark go to Livingston, just a couple of miles away. The 73 bus from Newark stops there every 10 minutes. The teenagers who attend the prestigious private school Newark Academy (in Livingston) are warned by the administration not to cross the street and go there.[/QUOTE]

Newark Academy...synonymous with prestigious? I hate to open that can of worms, but WOW, that's news to me.

Safe to assume you are an alum or your son/daughter goes there? That's the only reason I could see anyone calling this place "prestigious".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974915]at the Short Hills Mall with my very own personal MILF.[/QUOTE]

I was at Short Hills Mall on 2 Sundays in the past month and the place is an absolute ****ing **** show. I hate Garden State Plaza ten times more because of the reasons listed in my rant above, but the place is ****ing packed. The moms are hot, the chicks are hotter, but the mall is a war zone. Sure the people are upscale etc. but I guess I just hate packed malls and overcrowding, regardless of the clientele.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newark Academy is a coeducational private day school located in Livingston, New Jersey. With both lower and upper schools, this institution comprises grades six through twelve.

Newark Academy is the second oldest day school in the state of New Jersey, and is one of a few pre-Revolutionary schools still operating in the United States. The Academy was founded in 1774 by Alexander MacWhorter, a leading cleric and advisor to George Washington, and was located on Market Street in Downtown Newark. Temporarily closed after being burned by the British during the Revolutionary War, the school reopened in new quarters in 1792. In 1802, the Academy opened a separate division for girls, but the innovative program was closed in 1859. After 1929, it moved to Orange Avenue in the Roseville section. Finally, in 1964, the Academy moved from Newark to its current location, a 68 acre (275,000 m) campus in Livingston, and became fully co-educational in 1971.

The graduating class of the 2008-2009 school year includes 101 students, of which, 28 are National Merit Scholars, 5 are Hispanic Scholars, and 27 are IB Diploma Candidates.[2]
    Last edited by Apache 51; 03-08-2011 at 09:24 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3974912]Why? That's pretty far from Bergen County and what does the Rockaway Mall have that's unique? Not nearly as upscale as Short Hills or even GSP. Bridgewater nicer too. Same ol'.[/QUOTE]

Don't you live right by Rockaway? Why make the trek to Short Hills? What does it have that makes it so much better? Rockaway certainly isn't the biggest mall, but it's a nice mall and I've never heard of any sort of crime or anything going on there. Not too many low life's at Rockaway (except those ass hats from Jefferson, but they're not low life's, just losers).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3974964]Newark Academy is a coeducational private day school located in Livingston, New Jersey. With both lower and upper schools, this institution comprises grades six through twelve.

Newark Academy is the second oldest day school in the state of New Jersey, and is one of a few pre-Revolutionary schools still operating in the United States. The Academy was founded in 1774 by Alexander MacWhorter, a leading cleric and advisor to George Washington, and was located on Market Street in Downtown Newark. Temporarily closed after being burned by the British during the Revolutionary War, the school reopened in new quarters in 1792. In 1802, the Academy opened a separate division for girls, but the innovative program was closed in 1859. After 1929, it moved to Orange Avenue in the Roseville section. Finally, in 1964, the Academy moved from Newark to its current location, a 68 acre (275,000 m) campus in Livingston, and became fully co-educational in 1971.

The graduating class of the 2008-2009 school year includes 101 students, of which, 28 are National Merit Scholars, 5 are Hispanic Scholars, and 27 are IB Diploma Candidates.[2][/QUOTE]

Throw the book at me...but...I have close friends who went to Pingry, Morristown Beard, Delbarton, Seton Hall Prep, Oak Knoll, Kent Place, Villa Walsh, the list goes on and on....

I never heard anything about Newark Academy being "prestigious"...sue me.:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3974970]Don't you live right by Rockaway? Why make the trek to Short Hills? What does it have that makes it so much better? Rockaway certainly isn't the biggest mall, but it's a nice mall and I've never heard of any sort of crime or anything going on there. Not too many low life's at Rockaway (except those ass hats from Jefferson, but they're not low life's, just losers).[/QUOTE]

I grew up way closer to Rockaway Mall than Short Hills and by the time I hit 17 years old and I was able to drive myself anywhere I didn't go anywhere BUT Short Hills. The stores are better. The clientele is better. It's just a better overall experience. Nothing against Rockaway but it just didn't have the type of stores I was looking for (along with many others on here, it sounds)