Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Nationalist group rallies for secession

Hall Of Fame

Texas Nationalist group rallies for secession

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7458701.html

The Texas Nationalist Movement marked Texas Independence Day with a rally on Saturday at the Capitol urging Texans to save the state by seceding from the United States.

A small but enthusiastic group of Texans gathered on the steps of the Capitol, as an assortment of massive Texas flags blew above them in the chilly afternoon breeze.

Outrage was spread evenly toward Democrats and Republicans as leaders of the movement expressed their disgust for the growing national debt and the federal government's treatment of Texas.

"Texas can take better care of itself than Washington," said Lauren Savage, vice president of the movement. "We are here to raise interest in the Legislature of the possibility of secession to cure the ills of America."

Members are demanding that state lawmakers introduce a bill that would allow Texans to vote on whether to declare independence.

Fed up with federal mandates, the burden of unsustainable taxes and disregarded votes, members say secession has been a long time coming.
    "This is a cake that's been baking for 85 years," said Cary Wise, membership director of the Texas Nationalist Movement. "All this administration has done is light the candles."
    Good, Mexico Jr. And take Arizona with you....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Buh-bye

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    A small but enthusiastic group of Texans gathered on the steps of the Capitol, as an assortment of massive Texas flags blew above them in the chilly afternoon breeze.
    Does that mean 30 wing-nuts attended or that everyone was less than 5 foot 6?

Hall Of Fame
    If they seceded (and succeeded), I'd move and apply for asylum in a heartbeat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    If they seceded (and succeeded), I'd move and apply for asylum in a heartbeat.
    Let me know if you need a hand. I own a pick-up truck.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Let me know if you need a hand. I own a pick-up truck.

They'd shoot you at the border.

Pick me up tomorrow at 7am.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    They'd shoot you at the border.

Pick me up tomorrow at 7am.
    LMFAO!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Liberal Wet Dream, the U.S. going back to it's original 13 colonies, + Cali and the Northwest Coast States.

You'd have a perfect Liberal Utopia then, wouldncha boys?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The Liberal Wet Dream, the U.S. going back to it's original 13 colonies, + Cali and the Northwest Coast States.

That would be true...if it wasn't the polar opposites of liberals suggesting to break away.

Personally...I like the idea of a buffer country between the US and Mexico.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Personally...I like the idea of a buffer country between the US and Mexico.
    You mean a country that would would actually protect its border?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Mexico, Jr?

The wouldn't do that. Their lawns aren't gonna water themselves, are they? Naw...they'll just build a fence. LMAO!!

Banned
    Mexico, Jr?

The wouldn't do that. Their lawns aren't gonna water themselves, are they? Naw...they'll just build a fence. LMAO!!
    Have you ever been to Texas? Lived here? Or do you think it's still tumbleweeds floating across dry, unfarmable land?

There's a reason Texas wasn't hit that hard by the recession and/or housing market collapse...

Hall Of Fame
    Have you ever been to Texas? Lived here? Or do you think it's still tumbleweeds floating across dry, unfarmable land?

There's a reason Texas wasn't hit that hard by the recession and/or housing market collapse...
    1/2 of my family lives in the Hill Country...been there many times. Texas is beautiful...the people there? Meh...same a**hole to normal person ratio as anywhere else in the country...

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Wouldn't work that way. Don't forget South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and VA were in the 13. A couple of those would secede in a flash. SC is also talking about it.

All League
    How about we give California back to Mexico!

Banned
    1/2 of my family lives in the Hill Country...been there many times. Texas is beautiful...the people there? Meh...same a**hole to normal person ratio as anywhere else in the country...
    I don't like reading street signs in spanish, pressing 1 for English or watching an 8 year child translate for his parents at Home Depot anymore than the next guy but the people here are far more pleasant to be around than in the NE...

Regardless, the premise is what if Texas were to seceed... Do you honestly believe they'd handle their border and in state illegal immigration issues the same way they're forced to by federal laws?

It'll never happen and we're talking about a rogue group that's been around forever attempting to stir the pot and gain membership... I'm simply stating that the federal government is what is holding states back from protecting themselves against an influx of illegal aliens, which drains the healthcare system and entitlement programs...

It's a Liberal agenda, being forced on states to secure votes and it pains me to watch it happen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Wouldn't work that way. Don't forget South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and VA were in the 13. A couple of those would secede in a flash. SC is also talking about it.
    Well we do need some farmland.
    Throw in Washington and Oregon and you have a deal.

All League
    As if 1/4 of the buildings in Texas were not built using illegal workers

Hall Of Fame
    Do you honestly believe they'd handle their border and in state illegal immigration issues the same way they're forced to by federal laws?
    Nope.

Actually, I'd think they do a worse job at it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    As if 1/4 of the buildings in Texas were not built using illegal workers

Link?

Had you said, at least 1/4 of the lawns in Texas are mowed by illegal workers, I'd have obviously agreed. In fact, I'd have said your percentage was short...