View Poll Results: What's holding back the Miami Heat?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still need time to gel as a team

2 11.11%
  • Not enough depth

8 44.44%
  • They're just not as talented as people think

5 27.78%
  • Coach sucks

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is holding the Heat back?

What is holding the Heat back?

Poll to come.

Can't say I've watched many of their games too closely, other than when they've played the Knicks, but my observations are that at times they seem to be very individualistic on offense. Not much movement and a whole lot of one-on-one play. I also think they could use some more depth. Considering their record against winning teams this season, I don't see them making much of a run in the playoffs. So my vote is, "Still need more time to gel as a team".

Jets Insider VIP
    I voted "other."

If a team is going to have a "Big Three", then 2 of them has to be clutch players. In that way, the unclutch player will defer to the other two in key situations. The Heat have 2 unclutch players in their Big Three. In that scenario, the clutch player will tend to defer to the other two in key situations.

The Heat will be better off trading Bosh for a roleplaying big. That way, LeBron will naturally defer to Wade because in the Big Two scenario the unclutch player usually defers to the clutch teammate.

All Pro
    i voted "other" because i think it's their offensive strategy and scheme (i guess that could be on the coach, but i think any coach in this position would be doing the same thing). from what i can tell, they still have no offense. it's just pass the ball till someone has a shot, then they take the shot. there's no strategy. and honestly, i wish they had lebron playing the PG role like when magic did. if he could control the game, i think they would take off.

Been saying it all along. This team is not going to win a championship. Spoelstra is horrible. Instead of using Bosh, their only real "big man", to crash the boards and get offensive rebounds he's hanging around the perimeter taking jumpshots. No offensive rebounds means less second chances for the big 3 to show the world how special they are or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I voted "other."

If a team is going to have a "Big Three", then 2 of them has to be clutch players. In that way, the unclutch player will defer to the other two in key situations. The Heat have 2 unclutch players in their Big Three. In that scenario, the clutch player will tend to defer to the other two in key situations.

The Heat will be better off trading Bosh for a roleplaying big. That way, LeBron will naturally defer to Wade because in the Big Two scenario the unclutch player usually defers to the clutch teammate.
    Bosh is a stat collector. People just assumed he was this "dominant big man" like a Duncan or Amare because he was a 6-10 PF. He's a finesse player who likes to score from the perimeter which is suposed to be Lebron and/or Wade's job. There's only one basketball guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cause the "big Three" as they call them cant shoot a jumper.

The Celts "Big Three" work because 2 of them are deadly from the outside.

All Pro
    If the third member of the big three was Amare, this thread would not exist. Lebron is not nearly as good a closer as he thought he was. He is no where near the level of a Jordan/Kobe and isnt nearly as deadly as Wade is in the final seconds. Wade put up a prayer at the end of the game that was closer than Lebrons "layup" chance. Spolestra needs to tell Lebron that Wade needs to take that final shot.

The other thing that is killing this team is how awful every role player has been including Mike Miller. When you use your cap space on three players, finding role players becomes increasingly tough. They mostly got very old journeymen who wouldnt to coat tail to a title. Who they use their mid level exception on this offseason could make or break next year as well.

Veteran

The Heat is All On Celtic

FF2 , I know you will enjoy this break down of the playoffs . . .

Steven Davis: Heat is all on Celtic

Rangers midfielder Steven Davis today claimed the pressure is all on Old Firm rivals Celtic in the Scottish title race, writes Matthew Lindsay.

The Hoops can go top of the SPL when they play Inverness away in their game in hand tonight.

A victory up in the Highlands would put Neil Lennon’s side two points in front with just three games remaining.

But Davis reckons all the heat would then be on Celtic to produce the goods.

He said: “In many ways, the fact things are in Celtic’s hands rather than ours just now makes it feel as though it has taken the pressure off us a little bit. We feel like we have nothing to lose, whereas they do, and if we just keep getting results ourselves, we know it’s going to be up to them to do the same.

“That’s all we can do and hopefully, somewhere along the way, they might slip up and give us a chance to take control of things again.

“The gaffer said before that if we could get four wins after the Old Firm result, on top of five wins earlier, it would be a good finish to the season.

“So far we are doing what we need to and we know all we can do is to see out our side of things and keep dealing with the task.

“We still have three difficult fixtures ahead of us and we know we can’t take anything for granted so we are putting our all into each game and making it as tough for Celtic as we can.”

Meanwhile, Davis admits he is waiting to see what happens with the proposed Craig Whyte takeover before he commits his future to Rangers.

The Northern Ireland internationalist is out of contract at the end of next season and Ibrox officials are keen to get him tied up on a new deal.

Speaking in the Rangers News, he said: “It’s just a matter of seeing what happens with the takeover first and everyone is concentrating on that just now.

“Hopefully, after that, the boys who are coming towards the end of their deals can look at sorting something out.

“I would like to stay on because there is no better club to be playing at in the world from my point of view.”

I voted "other" -- global warming.

And just as I predicted, the BoClits got nowhere after NY; their sorryass one-win masquerade is finally over. Done. What a boring band of hacks.

So what is holding the BoClits back?

O coach blows

O entire organization sucks hairy loads

O team should be carpet bombed and rebuilt from ground up

O gheys can't play in NBA

O Ronda needs new lucky eyelash extensions

O other

Quote Originally Posted by innerjet View Post
    I voted "other" -- global warming.

And just as I predicted, the BoClits got nowhere after NY; their sorryass one-win masquerade is finally over. Done. What a boring band of hacks.
    You should get that name for the C's trademarked, Nostradamus. Hilarious and has a great chance of catching on.

Veteran
    david donaghy stern is tryin to screw tha bulls over

dude slurpin lebron like a lollipop

that song dropped like 4 years ago

get a life

ya dig

lebron a bum and never will be kboe

All League
    I think we are just watching the what most great teams do come playoff time: just flip the switch. They had too much talent to not be a great team, they just didn't have the motivation. Now that it's playoff time, they are motivated, and showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    I think we are just watching the what most great teams do come playoff time: just flip the switch. They had too much talent to not be a great team, they just didn't have the motivation. Now that it's playoff time, they are motivated, and showing it.
    +1

I guess I was completely wrong. Really didn't think they would make much of a run in the playoffs. I'm pulling for either the Mavs or Thunder (likely the Mavs at this point) to win it all, but they are going to have a hell of a time getting past the Heat.

Looks like nuttin stoppin the Heat now!

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Been saying it all along. This team is not going to win a championship. Spoelstra is horrible. Instead of using Bosh, their only real "big man", to crash the boards and get offensive rebounds he's hanging around the perimeter taking jumpshots. No offensive rebounds means less second chances for the big 3 to show the world how special they are or whatever.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    LOL
    I know.

lebron proved he is a consistent choker.
    1 maybe 2 champions

I just think the team didn't have enough chemistry. Lebron didn't put up bad stats... The only problem is Lebron tried to be a team player this series and it cost him big time. It cost his whole team actually.

I would say age and chemistry. However, as much as I hate them I believe next year they will be the team to beat due to cap space and expiring contracts.
    Last edited by JetsKnicksYankeesRangers; 06-16-2011 at 07:25 PM.