Thread: NAACP Awards

NAACP Awards

[QUOTE]Tyler Perry sweeps the board at NAACP ceremony
    Denzel Washington and Halle Berry also win prizes
    March 7, 2011
    Buy DVD and Blu-ray from Amazon UK

Tyler Perry was the biggest winner at this year's National Association For The Advancement Of Coloured People's Image Awards. The writer and director scooped three awards at the US ceremony, which took place on Saturday (March 5).

His film For Coloured Girls was named Best Movie, while Perry was named Best Director for the same project.

His TV series Tyler Perry's House Of Payne won Best Comedy Series.

Denzel Washington was named Best Actor for The Book Of Eli and Halle Berry scooped Best Actress for Frankie and Alice.

Berry praised the organisation on her victory, saying: "If it were not for the NAACP, a little girl like me would not have had wind beneath her wings in a small town in Ohio. I have never been more proud to be a black woman.

She was presented with her award by Prince.[/QUOTE]

All I hear about on the news is how Tyler Perry swept all of the NAACP awards. But, who else was going to win them? Why is this a big deal?

If we created a Jetsinsider.com awards ceremony, wouldn't people from Jetsinsider "sweep" the awards? Discuss.

Who would host? Who would be JI's version of the Hathaway/Franco duo?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=frostlich;3974854]Who would host? Who would be JI's version of the Hathaway/Franco duo?[/QUOTE]

Franco played by paulie, Hathaway by Jets Things.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Better question is...why in 2011 with an African American in the White House.. are African Americans represented in mainstream award ceremonies while also continuing to maintain their own exclusionary shows/news programs/entertainment networks?

:dunno:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3974900]Better question is...why in 2011 with an African American in the White House.. are African Americans represented in mainstream award ceremonies while also continuing to maintain their own exclusionary shows/news programs/entertainment networks?

-[/QUOTE]
    I blame Tiger Woods and Eminem. There used to be rules.

;)

[QUOTE=32green;3974900]Better question is...why in 2011 with an African American in the White House.. are African Americans represented in mainstream award ceremonies while also continuing to maintain their own exclusionary shows/news programs/entertainment networks?

-[/QUOTE]

You tell us, Slappy.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3974872]Franco played by paulie, Hathaway by Jets Things.[/QUOTE]

Set it up, and I'll write the show.