Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dad is waiting for son's murderer...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Il Mostro;3975517]No, they need to be executed. Why should we have to shoulder the immense cost of keeping vermin alive? Or, after paying the tab for their room and board, let animals like this out on the streets. Sweet jumpin' Jesus on a friggin pogo stick! What an asinine system.[/QUOTE]

Capital punishment is incompatible with a civilized society. That's true even if they're all guilty. But, the thing is, some of them aren't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.projo.com/news/content/MICHAEL_WOODMANSEE_03-06-11_PIMQFMO_v39.1941899.html"]http://www.projo.com/news/content/MICHAEL_WOODMANSEE_03-06-11_PIMQFMO_v39.1941899.html[/URL]

This is a more detailed article and explains it all. Very disturbing. The only reason they ever found poor little Jason is because his killer attempted another serial killing 5 years later. 40 years knocked down to 28 is far too little for this guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally understand where this guy is coming from.

May he find peace.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hold on, so this sicko raped, killed, and ate part of this young boy and he has a shot to get released? :huh:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3975576]Hold on, so this sicko raped, killed, and ate part of this young boy and he has a shot to get released? :huh:[/QUOTE]

There's this thing called liberalism...funny thing.

:dunno:

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3975576]Hold on, so this sicko raped, killed, and ate part of this young boy and he has a shot to get released? :huh:[/QUOTE]

I agree with early release for some, but it's gotta have limitations...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3975479]The prisoner has a right to an early release. He might have even been rehabilitated for all we know.

I also believe the father has a right to be consumed with vengeance. If he catches up to that guy and skins him alive with a steak knife, well that's only fitting.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to address the issue of the father wanting vengeance. The justice system has ruled on this case and I hope/pray that the parole board will do the right thing. I in no way condone any type of vigilante action, however I can empathize with what the father is feeling.

However, I am going to assume - for your benefit and everyone elses - that you honestly don't believe this guy has been rehabilitated. My guess, is that you wrote this while intoxicated or under the influence of a narcotic.

I am a law enforcement officer that has actively worked sex offender investigations and captured fugitives such as these. I have no idea what your background is, but I am going to assume that my experience in investigating and interviewing these types of predators far exceeds your own.

You are entitled to your own uninformed opinion, but I can tell you that these people cannot be rehabilitated, they will offend again and there is nothing anyone can do about it. You can all choose to sleep easy covered with the blanket of liberal BS thinking about how rehab or counseling or whatever can change these types of offenders. I can tell you with an absolute certainty - as the sun will rise tomorrow - that this guy will re-offend because they all do. FWIW, every guy we have picked up has been the same and they all had multiple victims and re-offended.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3975479]The prisoner has a right to an early release. He might have even been rehabilitated for all we know.

I also believe the father has a right to be consumed with vengeance. If he catches up to that guy and skins him alive with a steak knife, well that's only fitting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a prisoner who kills a five year old and eats his flesh has the right to an early release, and could be rehabilitated.

The liberals in this world are drinking the kool-aid everyone....WATCH OUT!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;3975579]I agree with early release for some, but it's gotta have limitations...[/QUOTE]

With some rapist sickos who eat five year old boys flesh? Which ones should we release, the rehabilitated ones, or the ones who show good behavior?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;3975579]I agree with early release for some, but it's gotta have limitations...[/QUOTE]

Vegetarians?

:eek:

:(

:ontome:

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the father would be totally justified and I would do the same if I were in his shoes.

Capital punishment may not be compatible with civilized society but neither are child killing cannibals. Due to this paradox I choose the lesser of two evils and would be happy to flip the switch, inject the poison or swing that baseball bat at this guy to put him out of our misery.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3975595]Vegetarians?

:eek:

:(

:ontome:

-[/QUOTE]

What?

Haha, I don't mean I believe in early release for any child killers, or killers at all, for that matter.

But, I feel in some circumstances, early release is appropriate. What those circumstances are, I don't know....they'd have to be pretty strict....

Those circumstances would never allow a child killer/eater to be released from jail.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;3975594]With some rapist sickos who eat five year old boys flesh? Which ones should we release, the rehabilitated ones, or the ones who show good behavior?[/QUOTE]

I guess my post wasn't clear. I didn't mean I agreed with early release for any child killers or anything like that. I was simply stating that early release can make sense some times, but never in any case like this...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of blaming "liberals" for allowing this sub-human garbage to get out of jail early, how about we blame our idiotic war on drugs (spearheaded by who and what party again, exactly?) for filling our prisons up to bursting with those oh so dangerous non-violent drug offenders, and contributing to the overcrowding problem which bring about these kinds of ill-conceived laws?

Nah, too nuanced a view, right? Let's just blame those bleeding heart Dems then.

By the way, this law was first introduced in the 1800's, so, it just goes to show, you can spin this story in many political terms, and still come out looking like a loser.
    Last edited by Emotional_Wreck; 03-09-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3975502]Guy should be quiet, wait 5 years till after the release and then one night sneak up behind him and go to town on the back of his head with a ball peen hammer covered by a plastic bag. Putting his head in a vise would be to time consuming.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, he is pleading for help; he feels horrible that he made a poor decision, and worries about protecting others in the future. It's emotionally off the charts; I've never seen anything so profoundly...human. :dunno:

Yes, human.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Emotional_Wreck;3975626]Instead of blaming "liberals" for allowing this sub-human garbage to get out of jail early, how about we blame our idiotic war on drugs (spearheaded by who and what party again, exactly?) for filling our prisons up to bursting with those oh so dangerous non-violent drug offenders, and contributing to the overcrowding problem which bring about these kinds of ill-conceived laws?

Nah, too nuanced a view, right? Let's just blame those bleeding heart Dems then.

By the way, this law was first introduced in the 1800's, so, it just goes to show, you can spin this story in many political terms, and still come out looking like a loser.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your war on drugs thing, but the whole over crowding jail thing should be alot easier to take care of.

First of all any child killers convicted (Ones where DNA or something else proves 100%) should be but in a room for the remaining family members to do what they want with them.....if they decline or don't kill the child murderers, then execution should be the next step (And none of this on death row for ten years- 7 appeals BS)

Serial Killers should also have this same treatment.....Anyone that is fd up in the head beyond repair, ditto

I believe that there are certain scum in this country that do not even deserve 3 meals and a cot a day..... Basically they do not deserve to share the air we breathe.......I feel like the majority feel this way as well, so what's the holdup? :rolleyes:

Serious Drug Offenders that would otherwise be in jail should have rehabilitation programs instead.....Lot less costly in the long run and it seems to be working in other countries much better (I believe Portugal or Spain have a really nice drug program going on)......Repeat drug offenders that do not take rehabilitation seriously and continue to do as they please should be put in jail, however

Jails should be reserved for serious crimes that don't necessarily warrant an execution (Like Carjackings, Armed robbery, fraud, etc). Rapists and
    some murderers should also be put in jail for life, no parole

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What irks me is the sh!tbag survived 28 years in the clink because the system protected him, made his physical safety a priority.

Had he been exposed to other violent animals like himself - like he deserved - he would've been dead a long time ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=klecko73;3975580]I am not going to address the issue of the father wanting vengeance. The justice system has ruled on this case and I hope/pray that the parole board will do the right thing. I in no way condone any type of vigilante action, however I can empathize with what the father is feeling.

However, I am going to assume - for your benefit and everyone elses - that you honestly don't believe this guy has been rehabilitated. My guess, is that you wrote this while intoxicated or under the influence of a narcotic.

I am a law enforcement officer that has actively worked sex offender investigations and captured fugitives such as these. I have no idea what your background is, but I am going to assume that my experience in investigating and interviewing these types of predators far exceeds your own.

You are entitled to your own uninformed opinion, but I can tell you that these people cannot be rehabilitated, they will offend again and there is nothing anyone can do about it. You can all choose to sleep easy covered with the blanket of liberal BS thinking about how rehab or counseling or whatever can change these types of offenders. I can tell you with an absolute certainty - as the sun will rise tomorrow - that this guy will re-offend because they all do. FWIW, every guy we have picked up has been the same and they all had multiple victims and re-offended.[/QUOTE]

While I can't speak to your experience in interviewing these criminals, I can collaborate what you say about the inability to rehabilitate them and their tendency to repeat their crimes. As a NYC CO that worked intake in a large jail, I have seen thousands of "rap sheets". I remember the first few months I was assigned to that post I was shocked as to the amount of inmates that had some form of sexual offense on their record. I would guesstimate that for every inmate that I came across with a sexual crime on his sheet, 75% had more than one.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3975634]For your information I agree that [B]putting drug users in jail is idiotic and a waste of prison space, taxpayer money and police man hours. Drug users don't belong in jail with violent criminals. [/B]If you want to put them in rehab, fine, but to put them in jail is outdated, foolish and excessive/cruel. Most drug users are non violent and to put them in jail with hardened criminals is like throwing a sheep to the lions. Anyone who has ever seen the inside of a prison knows it is cruel to put these kids in those hell-holes because they smoke weed or sniff coke or what have you.[/QUOTE]

As to this point, the common theme in the inmates I talked about above is that the overwhelming majority had drug charges as well. I will also contend that the majority of inmates in jail are there for drug-related offenses and will perpetrate violence on each other and staff because they are in fact violent, not because of their being detained with so-called "violent criminals". The perceived notion that most drug users that are arrested are "only" stoners or something of the like is false. Trust me, after 20 years of seeing inmates and their records, drug use ultimately leads to violence a majority of the time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kaol;3975481]Child rapists and murderers need to be locked up FOREVER! Many of these types, as well as many child molesters will admit that they have good intentions upon being let free, but that their overwhelming desires get the best of them. They should allow this man free if the judge allows him to move into his neighborhood. I'm with the father; he would be performing a public service. That father has not had a day of peace since his son's murder. He's been serving a sentence along with the murderer.[/QUOTE]

Bring back Alcatraz!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A life for a life.

Fair to me.