Thread: Mike Starr found dead

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mike Starr found dead

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr, who appeared on season 3 of the VH1 reality show Celebrity Rehab, was found dead in Salt Lake City on Tuesday, according to reports. He was 44.

The cause and manner of death were not immediately known, according to CNN.

Starr's former bandmates, Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney, released a statement which read: "Jerry and Sean are mourning the loss of their friend and ask that the media respect their privacy – and the privacy of Mike's family – during this difficult time. Their thoughts & prayers are with Mike's family."

Dr. Drew Pinsky, the host of Celebrity Rehab, responded to Starr's death with a note on Twitter that read: "Devastating to hear of Mike Starr succumbing to his illness. So very sad. Our prayers are with his family."

Alice in Chains' original singer, Layne Staley, died of a drug overdose in 2002.

That's a shame.

He seemed like a decent guy.

Just read about Starr's passing, too. After seeing him on [I]Celebrity Rehab[/I], you knew it was only a matter of time. RIP.

Hall Of Fame
    Can't really feel sorry for these people. They were not only born with a gift we all wish we had, but they managed to get to the place thousands of really good bands are trying to reach while being ripped off by bar owners and and trying to make enough scratch to cover gas.

Humans - we are stupid as hell.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3975773]Can't really feel sorry for these people. They were not only born with a gift we all wish we had, but they managed to get to the place thousands of really good bands are trying to reach while being ripped off by bar owners and and trying to make enough scratch to cover gas.

Humans - we are stupid as hell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, on second thought **** him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3975775]Yeah, on second thought **** him.[/QUOTE]

what kind of pen did he use?

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3975780]what kind of pen did he use?[/QUOTE]

What's weird is that Starr was nearly finished with putting together a band and program for his upcoming tribute concert for Gary Moore.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3975781]What's weird is that Starr was nearly finished with putting together a band and program for his upcoming tribute concert for Gary Moore.[/QUOTE]

Oh no you dint.

All Pro
    Whew, glad it's not this guy:

[IMG]http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsS/16418-5456.gif[/IMG]

do do do do do do dodododododo bumbum bum bum bumbum........Woooouuuuuulllllld?

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3975781]What's weird is that Starr was nearly finished with putting together a band and program for his upcoming tribute concert for Gary Moore.[/QUOTE]

Legend has it that Gary Moore was a big fan of the back door.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3975773]Can't really feel sorry for these people. They were not only born with a gift we all wish we had, but they managed to get to the place thousands of really good bands are trying to reach while being ripped off by bar owners and and trying to make enough scratch to cover gas.

Humans - we are stupid as hell.[/QUOTE]

:D

[QUOTE=Bill Hicks]See, I think drugs have done some *good* things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd’s and burn em’. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years...
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal f*cking high on drugs.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;3975790]Whew, glad it's not this guy:

[IMG]http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsS/16418-5456.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thats who I thought of.....I met him in Miami when I was an extra for a scene in that lame Costner movie "The Bodyguard". Nice guy. Bought drinks for the bar...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=FF2®;3975775]Yeah, on second thought **** him.[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3975780]what kind of pen did he use?[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=southside;3975875]Legend has it that Gary Moore was a big fan of the back door.[/QUOTE]

:steamin:

[QUOTE=LockeJET;3975757]

[b]The cause and manner of death were not immediately known[/b], according to CNN.

Dr. Drew Pinsky, the host of Celebrity Rehab, responded to Starr's death with a note on Twitter that read: [b]"Devastating to hear of Mike Starr succumbing to his illness.[/b] So very sad. Our prayers are with his family."

[/QUOTE]

First, they say the cause of death is not known. Then further down, it's tweeted that it was an illness? Okay.

He obviously OD'd on heroin like the lead singer of that band did.

[QUOTE=Vin;3976223]First, they say the cause of death is not known. Then further down, it's tweeted that it was an illness? Okay.[/QUOTE]

Drug addiction is considered by some an illness, Broseph.