Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Duke recruits Uncle Toms

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Duke recruits Uncle Toms

[url]http://nation.foxnews.com/duke/2011/03/09/espn-host-duke-only-recruits-uncle-toms[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3975994]If you consider all the success Duke has had maybe every school should recruit Toms and Honkies

:D[/QUOTE]

and while Jimmy King complained about Michigan players being considered dumb...if you'll recall, the white North Carolina players on the sideline yelled "call a timeout" to Chris Weber at the end of the game, when Michigan had no timeouts.:eek:
    Last edited by Timmy®; 03-09-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3976006]and while Jimmy King complained about Michigan players being considered dumb...if you'll recall, the white North Carolina players on the sideline yelled "call a timeout" to Chris Weber at the end of the game, when Michigan had no timeouts.:eek:[/QUOTE]

#1 It's True, Duke only recruits certain types of black athletes
    #2 There is nothing wrong with that
    #3 There is nothing wrong with what Jalen Rose, Ray Jackson or Jimmy King said, in fact I think if you watch the clip on First Take they come across well especially Jimmy King..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gqxluvx;3976046]#1 It's True, Duke only recruits certain types of black athletes
    #2 There is nothing wrong with that
    #3 There is nothing wrong with what Jalen Rose, Ray Jackson or Jimmy King said, in fact I think if you watch the clip on First Take they come across well especially Jimmy King..[/QUOTE]

actually, referring to the black duke players as uncle toms is wrong and can not be defended.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3976066]actually, referring to the black duke players as uncle toms is wrong and can not be defended.[/QUOTE]

The choice of words (and again from the clip the only person who used that term was Jalen Rose ) was not the best but it's the truth..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gqxluvx;3976111]The choice of words (and again from the clip the only person who used that term was Jalen Rose ) was not the best but it's the truth..[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with you
    but calling Grant Hill an Uncle Tom just isn't right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm certainly not above bashing my alma mater, but Rose's comment is over the line as well as inaccurate. Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Will Avery, Luol Deng (and many others) are all stereotypical Duke players??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3976142]I'm certainly not above bashing my alma mater, but Rose's comment is over the line as well as inaccurate. Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Will Avery, Luol Deng (and many others) are all stereotypical Duke players??[/QUOTE]

so you are a lawyer and graduated from duke?