Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to the Big East Tournament *****es (and hoops trivia)

Last guy is Billy Paultz.

First guy Johnny Warren

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=section314;3976963]Last guy is Billy Paultz.[/QUOTE]
    Yes!

I will adjust your status accordingly

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=section314;3976965]First guy Johnny Warren[/QUOTE]
    no...

Reggie Carter is the correct answer

[QUOTE=jetswin;3976970]no...

Reggie Carter is the correct answer[/QUOTE]

Sorry,my bad.The leader of the 78-79 Redmen that lost to Penn in East finals. It's great that St.John's is back....nothing better than when the Garden is rockin for the Redmen.By the way,that Nets team with Paultz,Dr.J,Kennon,Taylor,etc was pretty darn good,too bad couldn't have gone into NBA together.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=section314;3976983]Sorry,my bad.The leader of the 78-79 Redmen that lost to Penn in East finals. It's great that St.John's is back....nothing better than when the Garden is rockin for the Redmen.By the way,that Nets team with Paultz,Dr.J,Kennon,Taylor,etc was pretty darn good,too bad couldn't have gone into NBA together.[/QUOTE]
    I agree, that team was fun to watch

Ollie Taylor had an all time fro too as I recall :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3976893]Go St. John's!

[IMG]http://juliorvarela.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mullin.jpg?w=304&h=320[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I went to or watched a DePaul/St. Johns game around 82 in Chicago, I was a DePaul fan. St. Johns won in double OT. That was the Mullin Wennington team (cool team)

ON my way home I found a dog in the street and scooped him out of traffic. Couldn't find the owner and ended up keeping the dog for about 12 years. I often thought if that game didn't go to double OT, I would have never got that dog.

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3977051]I went to or watched a DePaul/St. Johns game around 82 in Chicago, I was a DePaul fan. St. Johns won in double OT. That was the Mullin Wennington team (cool team)

ON my way home I found a dog in the street and scooped him out of traffic. Couldn't find the owner and ended up keeping the dog for about 12 years. I often thought if that game didn't go to double OT, I would have never got that dog.[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, there's some poor kid in Chicago saying; "If I didn't go to that game, some as*hole wouldn't have stolen my dog."

I am boycotting the Big East after the debacle yesterday. An absolute JOKE of a conference for not correcting such a terrible officiating fiasco.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3977051]I went to or watched a DePaul/St. Johns game around 82 in Chicago, I was a DePaul fan. St. Johns won in double OT. That was the Mullin Wennington team (cool team)

ON my way home I found a dog in the street and scooped him out of traffic. Couldn't find the owner and ended up keeping the dog for about 12 years. I often thought if that game didn't go to double OT, I would have never got that dog.[/QUOTE]
    I used to see Wennington dancing at Docksiders in Glen Cove in those days, his head was so much higher then everyone else on the dance floor he couldn't hide his bad moves.

sorry, no pet stories

:yepper:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=gqxluvx;3977063]I am boycotting the Big East after the debacle yesterday. An absolute JOKE of a conference for not correcting such a terrible officiating fiasco.[/QUOTE]
    Big East officials were in the ear of the refs, "Look, we have to sell 8,000 beers tomorrow...make sure it's St. Johns/Syracuse."

[QUOTE=jetswin;3977068]Big East officials were in the ear of the refs, "Look, we have to sell 8,000 beers tomorrow...[B]and a glass of white zin to the little guy[/B]...make sure it's St. Johns/Syracuse."[/QUOTE]

fixed

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=McKnight25;3977077]fixed[/QUOTE]
    [SIZE=1]lolz[/SIZE]

3d guy is Billy Paultz. I knew the middle guy was MJ.

Good first game so far.

UConn hanging in there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3977065]I used to see Wennington dancing at Docksiders in Glen Cove in those days, [/QUOTE]

Used to see Wennington and Mullin in Gantry's and Poor Richards once in a while. I remember Mullin used to dress like Joe Frazier and his entourage looked much like you would imagine Smokin Joe's entourage to look like.

With Mullins Irish mug, it was a bit disconcerting.

:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3977153]Used to see Wennington and Mullin in Gantry's and Poor Richards once in a while. I remember Mullin used to dress like Joe Frazier and his entourage looked much like you would imagine Smokin Joe's entourage to look like.

With Mullins Irish mug, it was a bit disconcerting.

:eek:[/QUOTE]
    many funnels consumed at Gantry's lol...what were you doing in those parts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3977170]many funnels consumed at Gantry's lol...what were you doing in those parts?[/QUOTE]

I lived nearby and was going to QUeens College (I'm smaht:rolleyes:).

Five minute drive.

Ive been laced in my UCONN gear since yesterday, LETS GET IT UCONN!

terrible game so far, but we're stil in it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3977178]I lived nearby and was going to QUeens College (I'm smaht:rolleyes:).

Five minute drive.[/QUOTE]
    I probably spilled a beer on you in '81

lol