Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going to the Big East Tournament *****es (and hoops trivia)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3977186]I probably spilled a beer on you in '81

lol[/QUOTE]

I lived in that place in '81. :D Always packed and pitchers sloshing left and right.

DO you remember Richie the cerebral Palsy guy that would get sh*faced there every night?

Bobby the bartender, Artie the Dewars chugging bouncer (soon to be Airline pilot:eek:)

Hit that, Poor Richards, Little Neck Inn for pool, some jernt on middle neck road.. cant remember the name...we bounced all over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3977192]

DO you remember Richie the cerebral Palsy guy that would get sh*faced there every night?

[/QUOTE]

moved upstate...went into plumbing

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3977192]I lived in that place in '81. :D Always packed and pitchers sloshing left and right.

Bobby the bartender, Artie the Dewars chugging bouncer (soon to be Airline pilot:eek:)

Hit that, Poor Richards, Little Neck Inn for pool, some jernt on middle neck road.. cant remember the name...we bounced all over.[/QUOTE]
    for some reason the name Danny sticks in my head...was he a bartender there?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3977213]for some reason the name Danny sticks in my head...was he a bartender there?[/QUOTE]

That may have been one of the owners who also bartended.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    KEMBAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%^^&@#$%^&^%$%#*$!@(#$^

UCONN Pride...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm here. Wow what a move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gene Steratore is a college basketball referee too. How weird.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's go Johnnies!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WoodyPaige;3977261]Gene Steratore is a college basketball referee too. How weird.[/QUOTE]

Yup. one and the same. Heard his name during a game the other night and couldn't remember where I heard it before.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be there if my squad, Villanova, did not **** the proverbial bed here down the stretch (since Jan 26 loss to Providence)....oooooo well.

Go Johnnies!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SouthTown;3977334]I'd be there if my squad, Villanova, [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Paulie takes his Villanova degree off the wall and dejectedly puts it in the closet

[/SIZE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3977230]KEMBAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%^^&@#$%^&^%$%#*$!@(#$^

UCONN Pride...[/QUOTE]

I went to UConn.

I've met Jim Calhoun several times at fundraisers. His granddaughter goes to the same school as my sons. He's a decent guy. A bit arrogant, but not unbearable.

Geno Auriemma, however, is a complete doosh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a UConn fan, I hope St. John's wins this game. They are by far the easier match-up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    didn't like the 3 SJU took with 20 secs...oh well

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    off to the double header tonight. Here's to flirting with girls less than half my age. breath mint?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3977345][SIZE="1"]Paulie takes his Villanova degree off the wall and dejectedly puts it in the closet

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

We have been over this....I went there, he went there...move along, nothing to see here :P

What do you want a copy of my CV?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyahay bus;3977406]off to the double header tonight. Here's to flirting with girls less than half my age.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure they are looking forward to lewd comments from the creepy old guy. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=McKnight25;3977386]I went to UConn.

I've met Jim Calhoun several times at fundraisers. His granddaughter goes to the same school as my sons. He's a decent guy. A bit arrogant, but not unbearable.

Geno Auriemma, however, is a complete doosh.[/QUOTE]

UCONN '08.

I've met Jim and Geno both, I found them both arrogant, but otherwise very pleasant. They are two of the best in their respective positions, so I can't fault them too much for a bit of arrogance. The only thing that burns me up is that Jimmy C's from Mass...:steamin:

I agree the Red Storm would have been an easier matchup for us, but seriously, I hate Syracuse as much as I hate the Pats, and I'm gonna LOVE watching Kemba rip them apart...hopefully live at MSG!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3977447]UCONN '08.

I've met Jim and Geno both, I found them both arrogant, but otherwise very pleasant. They are two of the best in their respective positions, so I can't fault them too much for a bit of arrogance. The only thing that burns me up is that Jimmy C's from Mass...:steamin:

I agree the Red Storm would have been an easier matchup for us, but seriously, I hate Syracuse as much as I hate the Pats, and I'm gonna LOVE watching Kemba rip them apart...hopefully live at MSG![/QUOTE]

Going to be a good game, that's for sure.

Have fun at the Garden.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive been hating on kemba all year with some of his shot selections, not trusting lamb or shabazz as much as he should...but that shot was pure money today