Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MARCH MADNESS JI TOURNAMENT PICKEM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I screwed up, I knew the big east was overrated and initially picked Gonzaga and George Mason, I picked both of them when I first filled out my bracket, then I got cold feet and took the big east teams at the last minute.
    Ehhh, SJU was missing a key player. Villanova checked out a long time ago and, collectively, has one of the worst bball IQs I have ever seen. UConn and Syracuse should be fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I screwed up, I knew the big east was overrated and initially picked Gonzaga and George Mason, I picked both of them when I first filled out my bracket, then I got cold feet and took the big east teams at the last minute.
    No way the big east is overrated bro...especially not this year.

St. Johns was out a guy, and had literally NO experience in the tourney (from their coaches to their players), while gonzaga's been there like 9 straight years or something crazy. That game was gonzaga's from the moment the matchups came out.

UCONN, cuse, ND, Pitt, even cincy will all do well (although cincy's gonna get rocked against Uconn)...and even though nova sucks at everything related to basketball, for some reason I had then beating George mason...stupid me for holding them in such regard

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pittsburgh absolutely killed my bracket last night. I had them in the finals. Actually, the Southeast region in general is killing my bracket. The other 3 regions I am doing very well and then my Southeast is in shambles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Pittsburgh absolutely killed my bracket last night. I had them in the finals. Actually, the Southeast region in general is killing my bracket. The other 3 regions I am doing very well and then my Southeast is in shambles.
    I had Pitt going to the final four so I didn't get hurt too bad, but I dropped from second to third in my league...the good thing is most of my league had Pitt in the final 4 or better, with two guys picking Pitt to win.

In the end, if UCONN winns, none of this really matters because:
    1) that's all i really care about...the bracket comes second
    2) I'm the only one out of the 17 in my league left who might still win that picked UCONN...so if UCONN wins, I automatically win the pool.

And Kemba's the best player in the country.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    St. Johns was out a guy, and had literally NO experience in the tourney (from their coaches to their players)
    You think Steve Lavin had "literally no experience" in the NCAA tournament ??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    You think Steve Lavin had "literally no experience" in the NCAA tournament ??
    Yes I did think that, but I just looked it up. Turns out I was mistaken...I wasn't even in college the last time the man coached before his current stint.

Regardless, my reason for picking the zags over sju was because St. Johns as a school didn't have any success or experience on their team in the tourney this past week.

Whatever the reason may be, my pick was correct, and I'm a CT guy who went to Uconn and have no allegiance to SJU, so I'm happy with what transpired

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way the big east is overrated bro...especially not this year.

St. Johns was out a guy, and had literally NO experience in the tourney (from their coaches to their players), while gonzaga's been there like 9 straight years or something crazy. That game was gonzaga's from the moment the matchups came out.

UCONN, cuse, ND, Pitt, even cincy will all do well (although cincy's gonna get rocked against Uconn)...and even though nova sucks at everything related to basketball, for some reason I had then beating George mason...stupid me for holding them in such regard

This post is chock full of fail.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like my son was the big winner

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    congratulations to Nova for being the only one of 36 to pick the Uconn Huskies to win the tournament and earn those final 32 points to vault to victory

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    This post is chock full of fail.
    Haha you decide to point out my flaw a day after I already admitted my mistake when Phoenixx pointed it out.

Also, UCONN (a BIG EAST TEAM), is sitting atop college basketball!!!

How proud are you of yourself?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha you decide to point out my flaw a day after I already admitted my mistake when Phoenixx pointed it out.

Also, UCONN (a BIG EAST TEAM), is sitting atop college basketball!!!

How proud are you of yourself?
    Thank you for your timely response. I didn't realize that Phoenixx already pointed out your comically optimistic and confident predictions about ND, Syracuse and Pitt. My apologies for piling on, and congrats to you and the Huskies.