Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80

Thread: The World in Chaos...How is Our President Doing?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062

    The World in Chaos...How is Our President Doing?

    I'm curious how folks feel about Pres. Obama right now.

    -Both U.S. Wars ongoing, reports Afganistan is not going particularly well for us.

    -Arab Uprising, Libyan Civil War. Europe taking the lead.

    -Japan Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuke Disaster.

    -Pirates rampant of late, other Nations (Europe, India, etc.) taking the lead in combating them.

    -Federal Govt. frozen and ineffective whilst fighting over the Budgets (current and future), Govt. on verge of shutdown every time, and nothing meaningful being cut, taxes not being rasied, deficit not being fixed.

    The World right now is as crazy, wild and geopolitically active as I can recall it being in my adult lifetime.

    How do you feel our President is doing handling this crazy time in World Events, and why? I'm not looking to bias the discussion, so I'll hold back my own opinion till later.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'm curious how folks feel about Pres. Obama right now.

    -Both U.S. Wars ongoing, reports Afganistan is not going particularly well for us.

    -Arab Uprising, Libyan Civil War. Europe taking the lead.

    -Japan Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuke Disaster.

    -Pirates rampant of late, other Nations (Europe, India, etc.) taking the lead in combating them.

    -Federal Govt. frozen and ineffective whilst fighting over the Budgets (current and future), Govt. on verge of shutdown every time, and nothing meaningful being cut, taxes not being rasied, deficit not being fixed.

    The World right now is as crazy, wild and geopolitically active as I can recall it being in my adult lifetime.

    How do you feel our President is doing handling this crazy time in World Events, and why? I'm not looking to bias the discussion, so I'll hold back my own opinion till later.

    I think the Pres is doing pretty well. I understand he had 16 points in a pickup game on Sunday.

  3. #3
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I think the Pres is doing pretty well. I understand he had 16 points in a pickup game on Sunday.
    And that was after he finished par-birdie-birdie for an 83 on Saturday.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    -Both U.S. Wars ongoing, reports Afganistan is not going particularly well for us.

    Afghanistan is dumb. No country has ever won a war there.

    -Arab Uprising, Libyan Civil War. Europe taking the lead.

    Good. They should...it's on their front doorstep. And it's about time they took the lead on something. Jeez. Do we have to hold their hand for everything?

    -Japan Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuke Disaster.

    If Obama could've stopped that, nothing else would matter much

    -Pirates rampant of late, other Nations (Europe, India, etc.) taking the lead in combating them.

    The French should take the lead on fighting Piracy in East Africa. They have centuries of experience and are actually very good at it.

    -Federal Govt. frozen and ineffective whilst fighting over the Budgets (current and future), Govt. on verge of shutdown every time, and nothing meaningful being cut, taxes not being rasied, deficit not being fixed.

    Govt. shutdown might not be a bad thing actually...

    I give Obamanation a 6.7 out of 10. If I was him, I would've drunk myself to death by know. Or maybe bludgeoned myself with a ball peen hammer.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    He's paralyzed.
    Seems like the stuff going on is interfering with his America makeover.

    One half of his administration is on a completely different page than the other half.

    He thinks doing nothing counts as doing something (which I guess fits in with the Obamacare- Commerce Clause fiasco).

    Damn the torpedoes - on to the golf course! Or time for a vacation! TALLY-HO!


  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    50,788
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    -Both U.S. Wars ongoing, reports Afganistan is not going particularly well for us.

    Afghanistan is dumb. No country has ever won a war there.

    -Arab Uprising, Libyan Civil War. Europe taking the lead.

    Good. They should...it's on their front doorstep. And it's about time they took the lead on something. Jeez. Do we have to hold their hand for everything?

    -Japan Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuke Disaster.

    If Obama could've stopped that, nothing else would matter much

    -Pirates rampant of late, other Nations (Europe, India, etc.) taking the lead in combating them.

    The French should take the lead on fighting Piracy in East Africa. They have centuries of experience and are actually very good at it.

    -Federal Govt. frozen and ineffective whilst fighting over the Budgets (current and future), Govt. on verge of shutdown every time, and nothing meaningful being cut, taxes not being rasied, deficit not being fixed.

    Govt. shutdown might not be a bad thing actually...

    I give Obamanation a 6.7 out of 10. If I was him, I would've drunk myself to death by know. Or maybe bludgeoned myself with a ball peen hammer.
    You don't think he could have prevented the earthquake?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    You don't think he could have prevented the earthquake?
    The tectonic plate moved under the weight of his lies. If he had stuck his real birth certificate in the faultline, there would've been no senseless deaths

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    You don't think he could have prevented the earthquake?
    Of course he could have. Bush could have stopped Katrina, but he steered it towards New Orleans. He even blew up the levees too...

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    i could write a computer program for this thread

    For all posters loop
    {
    if poster.Democrat print "Obama is great!"

    else if poster.Republican print "Obama is bad!"

    else if poster.Independent print "All politicians suck."
    }

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i could write a computer program for this thread

    For all posters loop
    {
    if poster.Democrat print "Obama is great!"

    else if poster.Republican print "Obama is bad!"

    else if poster.Independent print "All politicians suck."
    }
    that's not a program; more like a script. a small buggy script.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    that's not a program; more like a script. a small buggy script.
    that's tough but fair.

  12. #12
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i could write a computer program for this thread

    For all posters loop
    {
    if poster.Democrat print "Obama is great!"

    else if poster.Republican print "Obama is bad!"

    else if poster.Independent print "All politicians suck."
    }
    Lol at the "if" "loop" and "print" commands... Flashback to computer class in elementary school

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Lol at the "if" "loop" and "print" commands... Flashback to computer class in elementary school
    Seriously. Bit's showing his age making jokes with QBasic code.

    $10 says JSJ is going to reply in Fortran.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    Seriously. Bit's showing his age making jokes with QBasic code.

    $10 says JSJ is going to reply in Fortran.
    Pah, Fortran is for ignorami...JSJ/Flushing can speak Binary, in Spanish and in Russian.

    Backwards.

    While writing forum posts.

    He's that Epic.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    No Where Man

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    No Where Man
    Wrong Beatles song.

    Tax Man

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Back in the USSR?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Wow. Their whole catelog applies to this guy:

    Help!
    Like Dreamers Do
    Misery
    Money (That's What I Want)

    and hopefully...

    Hello, Goodbye

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Wow. Their whole catelog applies to this guy:

    Help!
    Like Dreamers Do
    Misery
    Money (That's What I Want)

    and hopefully...

    Hello, Goodbye
    Don't forget

    Chains
    Don't Bother Me
    Golden Slumbers
    I'm A Loser
    I'm Only Sleeping
    The Fool On The Hill (Capitol that is)


    and hopefully if the people who stand for nothing
    are really principled

    Not A Second Time
    I Should Have Known Better
    The End
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-16-2011 at 02:31 AM.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Pah, Fortran is for ignorami...JSJ/Flushing can speak Binary, in Spanish and in Russian.

    Backwards.

    While writing forum posts.

    He's that Epic.
    501 FORMAT(3I5)
    601 FORMAT(" A= ",I5," B= ",I5," C= ",I5," AREA= ",F10.2,"SQUARE UNITS")
    602 FORMAT("NORMAL END")
    603 FORMAT("INPUT ERROR OR ZERO VALUE BIRTH CERTIFICATE")
    INTEGER A,B,C
    10 READ(5,501,END=50,ERR=90) A,B,C
    IF(A=0 .OR. B=0 .OR. C=0) GO TO 90
    S = (A + B + C) / 2.0
    AREA = SQRT( S * (S - A) * (S - B) * (S - C))
    WRITE(6,601) A,B,C,AREA
    GO TO 10
    50 WRITE(6,602)
    STOP
    90 WRITE(6,603)501 FORMAT(3I5)
    601 FORMAT(" A= ",I5," B= ",I5," C= ",I5," AREA= ",F10.2,"SQUARE UNITS")
    602 FORMAT("NORMAL END")
    603 FORMAT("INPUT ERROR OR ZERO VALUE OBAMA ERROR")
    INTEGER A,B,C
    10 READ(5,501,END=50,ERR=90) A,B,C
    IF(A=0 .OR. B=0 .OR. C=0)GOTO 90
    S =(A + B + C)/ 2.0
    AREA =SQRT( S *(S - A)*(S - B)*(S - C))
    WRITE(6,601) A,B,C,AREA
    GOTO 10
    50 WRITE(6,602)
    STOP
    90 WRITE(6,603)
    STOP
    END


    ˇEscuchan los "amigos"!

    позвольте мне инструктировать Вас люди, поскольку я всегда делаю

    01101001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01101001 01100101 00100000 01110101 01101110 01110000 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100011 00100000 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01001000 01110101 01110011 01110011 01100101 01101001 01101110 00100000 01000010 00101110 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100011 01101011 01110011 01110000 01101001 01110100 01110100 01101100 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00001101 00001010

    P. S. I was a big PL/I COBOL and RPG man back in the day, professionally
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 03-16-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us