Thread: Batman: Arkham City

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Batman: Arkham City

They just released the first gameplay video today, looks SICK:

[url]http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/15/batman-arkham-city-this-aint-no-place-for-a-hero-trailer?objectid=55050[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the first one. Hope this win succeeds it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3980521]I loved the first one. Hope this win succeeds it.[/QUOTE]

All indications point to it being far better. The game is 5 times bigger, you start with all of the gadgets from the first game, the things that worked were improved and the sole criticism (using the Bat X-ray thing too much) has been minimized. The Riddler clues are also more involved:

[I]Riddle me this: What good is an enigma if it can be solved?

The Riddler, the Dark Knight's foe who never showed his face in Batman: Arkham Asylum, is upping his game this fall. His previous tactic of verbally assaulting Batman didn't come to much good in Arkham Asylum and like any worthy criminal, Riddler knows he has to escalate matters. He's raising the stakes in Arkham City and posing a physical threat not only to Batman, but to innocent civilians.

In Arkham Asylum, Riddler trophies were found somewhat easily -- you just found them by spotting question marks painted on walls and ceilings. Things aren't as easy this time around. Though there are question marks viewable only in Detective Mode (Batman's version of x-ray vision), they often point in the direction of informants who know the nearby locations of Riddler trophies.

Find these goons and you can beat the information out of them. But knowing the location of a trophy (which appears on your map) doesn't mean getting it is easy. Many trophies are surrounded by traps or require some ingenuity from Batman to nab. In one early instance, Batman has to guide his remote-controlled Batarang through an electrical current, then carry that charge on the Batarang down a flight of stairs and to a power box. Once the power's on, a door unlocks and allows the Dark Knight access to the trophy.

Collecting Riddler trophies is an optional quest. There's no requirement to find them all, but if you hope to catch the Riddler, that's exactly what you must do. And what true Caped Crusader would allow one of Arkham's inmates to run wild? Besides, innocent lives are in jeopardy. Early on in Arkham City, Batman receives a message from the Riddler showing people precariously hanging above giant sawblades and in other perilous circumstances.

The Riddler wants Batman to come after him oblige.[/I]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Riddler is confirmed to be in the game:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vMulu.png[/IMG]

Community.BatmanArkhamcity.com

[I]Destructoid.com give us an insight into The Riddler's role in Batman: Arkham City:

Our demo ended with Batman descending upon a rooftop as his Cyptogram device was picking up a strange signal. He stops in front of a large billboard, the words "Turn on and Tune in Before Someone Checks out - 275.00 325.00" crudely scrawled on its face. The Dark Knight jacks into that particular frequency and we're given our first glimpse at Arkham City's darker, twisted vision of Riddler.

While we didn't see any gameplay in action, the vignette we were shown was meant to give us "insight into The Riddler's state of mind." It's a super grimy minute worth of footage, with dark scenes of horror-like imagery, including a female struggling as she held down by a contraption that looks like something out of a SAW film. The Riddler's voice is the clip's soundtrack, taunting Batman the whole time.

How Riddler encounters and missions will play out is still very much an enigma itself; Ginn would only confirm that he'll be both physically threatening Batman and "the lives of innocent people." From the sounds of things, the critical narrative path will have you dealing with the likes of Two-Face and Joker. But Ginn was hesitant to call Riddler encounters "side missions."

"The Riddler experience is not part of the main story," he confirmed, "but you can see how much work we put into it. It seems to do them a disservice to call them 'side missions,' because we take them really, really seriously." - Destructoid[/I]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Freeze Trailer

New Arkham City Mr. Freeze trailer:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqj0rpyD2c&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXqj0rpyD2c&feature=player_embedded[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the same without Arnold's horrible one-liners.

BTW Rage....anything good coming out this month or September? I have a pretty light semester with school so I was hoping to pick up something new

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4110552]Not the same without Arnold's horrible one-liners.

BTW Rage....anything good coming out this month or September? I have a pretty light semester with school so I was hoping to pick up something new[/QUOTE]

Other than Madden, not real sure. I'm personally waiting for AC and Uncharted 3. Check here and it'll give you the schedule for PS3:

[url]http://ps3.ign.com/index/upcoming.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gaming platform do you play on, Rage?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4110592]What gaming platform do you play on, Rage?[/QUOTE]

PS3, Brah.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    .. just beat the first one recently.. cant wait to play this new one... :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought U3 was November?

Madden and GOW3 are the big releases of Aug/Sept if I remember correctly...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;4110617]PS3, Brah.[/QUOTE]

-1 internet point for not using the Hampur Videogame Thread

-10,000 internet points for using the word 'brah'

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/HnAVJ.gif[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4113074]-1 internet point for not using the Hampur Videogame Thread

-10,000 internet points for using the word 'brah'

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/JI/HnAVJ.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

In my defense, I started this thread before I started the official HVT, Brah. :yes: :D