Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: NFL Schedule to still be released in April

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

NFL Schedule to still be released in April

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says the 2011 NFL schedule will be released as it normally is in mid-April according to Albert Breer of NFL Network.

Obviously, there could be some changes if games are lost of the season begins later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Odds the Giants open at home and the Jets open on the road?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Jet fans can keep their tickets away from Giant fans for our game this year so we don't have a split crowd.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see Jets vs Giants Sunday night September 11th 10 years after 9/11.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Pats have a tough schedule the first 4 games and then a cakewalk from there as the likely scenario is we won't have all 16 games if any. Just a hunch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping for the best, expecting the worst...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CV 40;3981329]Hopefully Jet fans can keep their tickets away from Giant fans for our game this year so we don't have a split crowd.[/QUOTE]

I know there will be one Giant fan in one of my three seats. My dad is a lifelong Giants fan. It is a tradition that he goes with me to any Giants games, whether they be preseason or regular season.

He taught me how to play the game, and how to appreciate it. This is one small way I can repay him for everything he has done for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3982802]Hoping for the best, expecting the worst...[/QUOTE]

+1

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darook;3982753]I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Pats have a tough schedule the first 4 games and then a cakewalk from there as the likely scenario is we won't have all 16 games if any. Just a hunch.[/QUOTE]

... hahahahaa ... let's hope not! ...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets337;3981789]I'd like to see Jets vs Giants Sunday night September 11th 10 years after 9/11.[/QUOTE]

If they do decide to put the Jets/Giants on Sunday 9/11.....I hope it is the night game. There is going to be a lot of memorial services during the day and playing a football game during those just wouldnt seem right. I am sure NBC would want to put that game on that night....it would cap a day of remembrance....and give them their great aerial shots of the city and beams of lights.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CV 40;3981329]Hopefully Jet fans can keep their tickets away from Giant fans for our game this year so we don't have a split crowd.[/QUOTE]

That will be the "premiere" game of the season. Unfortunately the $ those tickets will command on the secondary market will be enough to entice fans to sell.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to have the Pats come to us in December... How long has it been I feel like they've been our Home Opener the past 2-3 years?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets4life335;3983020]I would like to have the Pats come to us in December... How long has it been I feel like they've been our Home Opener the past 2-3 years?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I have been saying. Let them come to us for a change when the game is more critical. And while we're at it is Miami in December too much to ask? That would make for a great road trip. No one wants to go to Miami in September or early October.