Thread: New Story: Meet the Prospects: Cameron Heyward

New Story: Meet the Prospects: Cameron Heyward

[B]FLORHAM PARK, NJ -- [/B] Moving on in the Jets Insider's "Meet the Prospects" week, we have Ohio State's senior DE/OLB Cameron Heyward. Heralded as a beastly defensive end who's freakish abilities could be greatly utilized in an aggressive 3-4 defense as an outside linebacker, he played every position on the defensive line for the Buckeyes. Projected as a potential top-15 pick, his stock has slid due to an injury to his elbow in Ohio State's victory in this year's Sugar Bowl. The son of the late NFL running back Craig "Ironhead" Heyward suffered a torn ulnar collateral ligament which...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wesley_sykes/?p=707]More...[/url]

Btw, anyone who even brings up the whole Ohio State/Gholston comparison should just not bother.

Heyward is a guaranteed non bust (outside of injury) and the only question is whether he will become a great player, rather than just a good player. Impressively strong, imposes his will on the game, would play Ellis' position and then move to rush the passer from the inside on passing downs.

Would fill a big need and my most desired pick that has an real chance at happening. If he fell to mid 20s, I'd even consider trading up.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3981604]Btw, anyone who even brings up the whole Ohio State/Gholston comparison should just not bother.

Heyward is a guaranteed non bust (outside of injury) and the only question is whether he will become a great player, rather than just a good player. Impressively strong, imposes his will on the game, would play Ellis' position and then move to rush the passer from the inside on passing downs.

Would fill a big need and my most desired pick that has an real chance at happening. If he fell to mid 20s, I'd even consider trading up.[/QUOTE]

Nugent, Schlegel, Gholston...

Mangold worked out OK but I think I'm done with Ohio State draft picks....

This is the type of guy who would bring value and early returns to the Jets. I would be interested in the Jets picking him up

Our OLBs need to cover...can he do that?

All League
    [QUOTE=Flymax;3982050]Our OLBs need to cover...can he do that?[/QUOTE]

He's not an OLB...

Cameron Heyward is not a DE/OLB prospect. He's almost 300 pounds.

[QUOTE=NoJokeJets;3982034]Nugent, Schlegel, Gholston...

Mangold worked out OK but I think I'm done with Ohio State draft picks....[/QUOTE]

Any personell guy that, because of previous busts eliminated a player just because of the school he came from would be pretty poor at his job.

another guy who could be perfect for the Jets but unlikely to make it to the Jets. The Pats at 17 and 28, the Chargers at 18, Tampa Bay at 20, the Saints at 24, Ravens at 26 could all snap him up.

He fits 3-4 5-tech but also 4-3 big DE (which is also a rare position, most guys are smaller). With the legacy factor it would be a shock to me to see him at 30 overall. It's possible but not all that likely.

All Pro
    OLB? Seriously?

Wesley, which current player does this guy remind you of? Shaun Ellis or DeMarcus Ware? Have you even watched him play before?

[QUOTE=NoJokeJets;3982034]Nugent, Schlegel, Gholston...
    [B]
    Mangold worked out OK[/B] but I think I'm done with Ohio State draft picks....[/QUOTE]

OK??? Really man? Best center the league for the last 2-3 years is way better than okay. Schlegel wasn't a bust, he was just a massive reach by Mr. T/Mangini. Guy had UDFA written all over him. As for Nugent come on that came from the genius known as Herm Edwards, who drafts a kicker in the 2nd?? Oh and Holmes is from OSU as well.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3982231]OLB? Seriously?

Wesley, which current player does this guy remind you of? Shaun Ellis or DeMarcus Ware? Have you even watched him play before?[/QUOTE]

+1 The guy is around 300 pounds and has all the skills to play as a 5-tech. How on earth anyone would think he looks like a fit for a 3-4 OLB is beyond me.