Thread: Per FO - Revis still number 1!

Per FO - Revis still number 1!

[url]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

No way. I read here that Devin McCourty has taken over the title of best cornerback in the league.

Don't need a stat to tell me that.

I'm not for giving the guy whatever he wants, but even last year he was the best. Some people were trying to say average at times or whatever, but some people have lost all sense for reality and truly don't know how to match up him against the rest of the league. Instead they match him up with last year, which is as great a year as any corner can have.

Of course. And he'll be #1 again next year, barring injury or lockout.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3981726]No way. I read here that Devin McCourty has taken over the title of best cornerback in the league.[/QUOTE]

Disgusting combination of Rutgers lovers and the crazy pessimists who assume that everything the Pats do is great.

To me, Revis's statement game this year was the playoff game against the Colts; Manning didn't even bother to throw to Reggie Wayne when he was on Revis Island. That says it all.

And Cromartie is very good too.

Surprised Asante Samuel is as excellent as he is according to the numbers.

Nnamdi still doesn't get thrown at, and is excellent when he is.

get used to this we have this generation's woodson/bailey.

All Pro
    This can't be true...I read numerous times from "experts" on here that Revis was overpaid and a disappointment last year, because he didn't have a massive amount of interceptions...

[QUOTE=jpoppy7;3981772]And Cromartie is very good too.

Surprised Asante Samuel is as excellent as he is according to the numbers.

Nnamdi still doesn't get thrown at, and is excellent when he is.[/QUOTE]

That's why I laugh when people rip on Cromartie. He's a good/very good corner. I guess people forget about the CBs we had before Revis and the CBs we've had opposite Revis. It's VERY difficult to find good CBs. We drafted a guy in the first round last year and I don't think anyone here is confident that he can start opposite Revis. You can put almost any CB opposite Revis and they will get abused. People will be crying for Cromartie when they see what happens to CB #2 next year. We are going to have a hell of a time replacing him.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3981782]get used to this we have this generation's sanders.[/QUOTE]

fixed

[QUOTE=detectivekimble;3981884]That's why I laugh when people rip on Cromartie. He's a good/very good corner. I guess people forget about the CBs we had before Revis and the CBs we've had opposite Revis. It's VERY difficult to find good CBs. We drafted a guy in the first round last year and I don't think anyone here is confident that he can start opposite Revis. You can put almost any CB opposite Revis and they will get abused. People will be crying for Cromartie when they see what happens to CB #2 next year. We are going to have a hell of a time replacing him.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. People have very short memories

All Pro
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;3981884]That's why I laugh when people rip on Cromartie. He's a good/very good corner. I guess people forget about the CBs we had before Revis and the CBs we've had opposite Revis. It's VERY difficult to find good CBs. We drafted a guy in the first round last year and I don't think anyone here is confident that he can start opposite Revis. You can put almost any CB opposite Revis and they will get abused. People will be crying for Cromartie when they see what happens to CB #2 next year. We are going to have a hell of a time replacing him.[/QUOTE]

This is so true. Whoever we line up opposite Revis is going to get attacked all game, that's just the way it is. And Cro held up under that pressure way, way, waaaay better than most other CBs would.

There are very few CBs who would could hold up being thrown at all day long. Ironically, one of them is Revis which is precisely why he isn't thrown at all day - because opposing QBs and OCs aren't stupid.

Cro was under the gauntlet last year, just as whoever lines up opposite Revis will be under the gauntlet this year. Cro played very well for most of the year, and is better than 90% of the #2 CBs in the NFL.

If he goes, and we have to replace him with Wilson or a FA signing (unless that FA signing miraculously happens to be Aso'), then people will be screaming for Cro' by about week 3 of the season.

Cro is a great player but he's not to be trusted with long term money.

Jason i think said it best he's an athletic corner with terrible technique and the second he loses a step he's worthless... cause he lacks fundementals. In cro's case that could be in a season or two.

even without losing a step he's a liability when ref crews are active. in the Steelers game his penalties were just as much a problem as the missed tackles. teams know they can throw at him and probably draw some yellow laundry. Plus he doesn't tackle... and can't play off technique... and can't play in the slot. the book on Cro has been written.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3981734]Disgusting combination of Rutgers lovers and the crazy pessimists who assume that everything the Pats do is great.[/QUOTE]

McCourty does look good though.

Cromartie is worlds...worlds! better than lito sheppard, dwight lowery, and kyle wilson put together...he's another 1 of a kind CB..nowhere near as good as Revis or Asomougha but he's two notches down which is still very good/above avg.

[QUOTE=bitonti;3982119]Cro is a great player but he's not to be trusted with long term money.

Jason i think said it best he's an athletic corner with terrible technique and the second he loses a step he's worthless... cause he lacks fundementals. In cro's case that could be in a season or two.

even without losing a step he's a liability when ref crews are active. in the Steelers game his penalties were just as much a problem as the missed tackles. teams know they can throw at him and probably draw some yellow laundry. Plus he doesn't tackle... and can't play off technique... and can't play in the slot. the book on Cro has been written.[/QUOTE]

disagree. Cromartie is in his prime with about 4-6 solid seasons barring injruy flareups. In the NFL the length of the deals do not matter. Unless we're planning on replacing Cromartie with Asomougha which I disagree with the Jets need to resign Cromartie.

The nfl is a passing league right now and the Jets can proudly flaunt the best CB tandem in the league with Revis & Cromartie...I still say get Asomougha and turn Cromartie into a FS. Why not??

[QUOTE=Woody56;3981919]fixed[/QUOTE]

true! :D

CB is my position of passion, all biased aside Revis is the best I've seen.

When it's all said & done

1) Revis, NYJ
    2) Sanders, ATL, SF, DAL, BAL
    3) Lane, DET
    4) Green, WAS
    5) Thomas, KC

[QUOTE=Bearded_Achilles;3982426]disagree. Cromartie is in his prime with about 4-6 solid seasons barring injruy flareups. In the NFL the length of the deals do not matter. Unless we're planning on replacing Cromartie with Asomougha which I disagree with the Jets need to resign Cromartie.

The nfl is a passing league right now and the Jets can proudly flaunt the best CB tandem in the league with Revis & Cromartie...I still say get Asomougha and turn Cromartie into a FS. Why not??[/QUOTE]

Agree that Cromartie is a fine corner, no one said he's perfect - we can easily get a few more productive seasons out of him. Realistically Aso seems out of reach we got real fiscal concerns with resigning our own players.

Concur that Revis in the conversation for greatest of all time. 1 more Revis season out of him and no can argue differently

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;3981788]This can't be true...I read numerous times from "experts" on here that Revis was overpaid and a disappointment last year, because he didn't have a massive amount of interceptions...[/QUOTE]

Sane Post My Man....SANE POST!!!!:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3981730]Don't need a stat to tell me that.

I'm not for giving the guy whatever he wants, but even last year he was the best. Some people were trying to say average at times or whatever, but some people have lost all sense for reality and truly don't know how to match up him against the rest of the league. Instead they match him up with last year, which is as great a year as any corner can have.[/QUOTE]

JMO - but his second half of the year (and playoffs) was just as good as 2009. Granted, he didn't do it over the whole season, but when he got healthy, he simply was otherworldly. He didn't have the Ints that he had the year before, but the chances simply weren't there.