Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants won't require payment until new CBA reached

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Giants won't require payment until new CBA reached

First team to do it - let's hope others follow.

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38604/lockout11-a-giant-ticket-example[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    now THAT is a classy organization :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3230504842_34038f7e0b_z.jpg[/IMG]

Shut up and pay your season ticket invoice. If you can't afford it you shouldn't be a season ticket holder anyway.

Collecting bottles for income should have been the first hint.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's make preseason ticket purchase optional, now that would be doing something for the fan.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3981924][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3230504842_34038f7e0b_z.jpg[/IMG]

Shut up and pay your season ticket invoice. If you can't afford it you shouldn't be a season ticket holder anyway.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3981955]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/pslgood.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3981944]Let's make preseason ticket purchase optional, now that would be doing something for the fan.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/psloldfarts.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    paid my first half

can't wait for August 1 for the second payment

GO JETS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants only team in the league doing this. Other teams already collecting payments, doubt anyone follows suit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Rangers always invoice me for playoff tickets before knowing if there will be playoffs. The funniest part is that they assume four home games in each round. It's kind of impossible to happen this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the way sports operates as opposed to anything else we purchase in our lives.

We are going to kick you in the balls, expect you to pay big money, expect you to pay for the privelege of even sitting in our restaraunt let alone paying the food bill and there may be no food for you come dinner time!

Yes! Here is my money! :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3981924][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3230504842_34038f7e0b_z.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Agree. Remember folks, Giant fan PAID IN FULL their PSL BEFORE A GAME WAS EVER PLAYED! Also, they have PSL for EVERY seat in the house. Giants didnt do any favors for their fans. Giant fan in the uppers with four seats already paid $4K in PSL . that would almost cover there entire 2011 season ticket cost.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3981963][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/psloldfarts.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Point is, if your going to do something for me, do something.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;3981976]Giants only team in the league doing this. Other teams already collecting payments, doubt anyone follows suit.[/QUOTE]

+1.

The takeaway from this is that Giants fans must be unhappy with the new stadium, how they were treated, lousy-view upper deck PSL's, blackmailed into committing on seating locations, etc.

That's the reason that the Giants are being so 'nice'. But no, we've got to make it into another excuse to beat on Woody Johnson who has done nothing but make us successful since his arrival in 2000.

Unbelievable.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VINNYT;3982108]Agree. Remember folks, Giant fan PAID IN FULL their PSL BEFORE A GAME WAS EVER PLAYED! Also, they have PSL for EVERY seat in the house. Giants didnt do any favors for their fans. Giant fan in the uppers with four seats already paid $4K in PSL . that would almost cover there entire 2011 season ticket cost.[/QUOTE]

+1000.

Do they ever think that the reason the Giants are being so cooperative and 'nice' is because their fans are outraged at their treatment? Especially compared to the Jets who were fantastic to deal with? Examples:

Giants: You get re-seated based on where you currently sit in Giants Stadium now. Too bad if your seats are a $20K PSL. Pay it, or get on the back of the line.

Jets: You get re-seated based on seniority, choose any location you want.

Giants: Want a seat in the upper deck before even seeing how bad the view is, how you can't see a jersey number, how you can't see the football? Pay a $1K PSL per seat.

Jets: Our upper deck seats aren't the best fan experience and we want to do the right thing for our fans who can't afford PSL's, so here, here are 27,000 seats that have no PSL on them at all.

Giants: You don't like the seat you committed to? Want a do-over on your PSL purchase? F*ck you. Enjoy the games, not our problem.

Jets: You don't like your original seats? Okay, we want you to be happy so come back for a stadium tour and we'll allow you to move if you want to.

Giants: Pay your PSL in full, right now, 100%, or you're out.

Jets: We have easy partial payment plans to make the PSL easier to handle.

It's completely ironic that after years of JI fans asking the Jets to be classy and out-do the Giants they finally do it, but they STILL figure out a way to twist it into an anti-Woody 'mistake'.

Unreal.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3982183]+1000.

Do they ever think that the reason the Giants are being so cooperative and 'nice' is because their fans are outraged at their treatment? Especially compared to the Jets who were fantastic to deal with? Examples:

Giants: You get re-seated based on where you currently sit in Giants Stadium now. Too bad if your seats are a $20K PSL. Pay it, or get on the back of the line.

Giants: Want a seat in the upper deck before even seeing how bad the view is, how you can't see a jersey number, how you can't see the football? Pay a $1K PSL per seat.

Jets: Our upper deck seats aren't the best fan experience and we want to do the right thing for our fans who can't afford PSL's, so here, here are 27,000 seats that have no PSL on them at all.

Giants: You don't like the seat you committed to? Want a do-over on your PSL purchase? F*ck you. Enjoy the games, not our problem.

Jets: You don't like your original seats? Okay, we want you to be happy so come back for a stadium tour and we'll allow you to move if you want to.

It's completely ironic that after years of JI fans asking the Jets to be classy and out-do the Giants they finally do it, but they STILL figure out a way to twist it into an anti-Woody 'mistake'.

Unreal.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Oh and I forgot, using my seats as an example, giant fan paid $5K for his PSL where Jet fan paid $2500. JETS WIN AGAIN!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3982183]+1000.

[B]It's completely ironic that after years of JI fans asking the Jets to be classy and out-do the Giants they finally do it, but they STILL figure out a way to twist it into an anti-Woody 'mistake'.[/B]

Unreal.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Please - if you missed a payment do you think Woody would take into account all of the nice things you have said about him and how you always pay on time? We live in a "what have you done lately" world. The Giants clearly did the right thing here. Its a tough economy and asking for money for tickets during a work stoppage is just absurd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3982238]Please - if you missed a payment do you think Woody would take into account all of the nice things you have said about him and how you always pay on time? We live in a "what have you done lately" world. The Giants clearly did the right thing here. Its a tough economy and [B]REQUIRING[/B] money for tickets during a work stoppage is just absurd.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt matter that the Giants deferred payment till the CBA is reached. Its a publicity stunt. You are going to have to pay for your tickets anyway...whenever the agreement is reached. IF there are games that are not played...you will be refunded for those games anyway. Its really not a big deal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;3982250]It doesnt matter that the Giants deferred payment till the CBA is reached. Its a publicity stunt. You are going to have to pay for your tickets anyway...whenever the agreement is reached. IF there are games that are not played...you will be refunded for those games anyway. Its really not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it kind of does matter. Some people would rather have the money in their own pockets right now instead of giving the NFL a free loan.