Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: now for something very surprising....

I didn't thinK Michigan had any draftable defensive players this year..

No interest in his teammate Ezeh? How much worse is he than Mouton?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    No interest in his teammate Ezeh? How much worse is he than Mouton?
    ezeh is beyond horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    ezeh is beyond horrible
    So is this guy...Michigan won't be delivering anything NFL worthy until next year or 2013 when Mike Martin comes out.

All League
    So is this guy...Michigan won't be delivering anything NFL worthy until next year or 2013 when Mike Martin comes out.
    Overrated trash himself. Michigans roster at this point is devoid of NFL talent and thats sad for college footballs most storied program.

All Pro
    Jets sure seem to love their Michigan LBs.

Mouton is probably closer to Victor Hobson or Shawn Crable than he is to David Harris though.

Not a big fan of this idea, unless they get him as an UDFA.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... did he do anything on specials there? ...

... maybe intent is as an UDFA for coverage or return units? ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

mouton wasn't horrible....ezeh was great as a sophomore then fell into the abyss which leads to something i've said and posted on this forum for two years....

considering the situation at UM since rodriguez took over and how horrible the coaching and play was, besides brandon graham, its really tough to get a firm grasp on these guys...yes- they did not play well but how much was there fault and how much of it was the fact they were not used or coached properly or just mentally turned off??

Stevie Brown being a good example as i remember posting with a UM fan on this site about how underrated/underutiliszed the guy was in college...

the bigger question i have is why so much interest in a non-34 LB?

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    mouton wasn't horrible....ezeh was great as a sophomore then fell into the abyss which leads to something i've said and posted on this forum for two years....

considering the situation at UM since rodriguez took over and how horrible the coaching and play was, besides brandon graham, its really tough to get a firm grasp on these guys...yes- they did not play well but how much was there fault and how much of it was the fact they were not used or coached properly or just mentally turned off??

Stevie Brown being a good example as i remember posting with a UM fan on this site about how underrated/underutiliszed the guy was in college...

the bigger question i have is why so much interest in a non-34 LB?
    Did he play STs in college?

Ezeh has the measurables at least...

I think your point that players didn't receive they coaching they should have under Rodriguez is a significant one. It's the same thing with Miami guys who came up under the Shannon years...or even Washington guys under Willingham...that's why the interview process and workouts are such a big deal I guess...I'm sure these kids say things behind closed doors that only future employers get to hear.

All Pro
    Remember guys, Herrmann who was the DC at Michigan was our LB coach until 2008. One of the big reasons why we drafted Harris. And Mouton I think might have been recruited by him... just saying and I dont think we should go too crazy over a late round pick who projects as depth and not more...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Remember guys, Herrmann who was the DC at Michigan was our LB coach until 2008. One of the big reasons why we drafted Harris. And Mouton I think might have been recruited by him... just saying and I dont think we should go too crazy over a late round pick who projects as depth and not more...
    Yea but I'd rather use a pick on someone who doesn't suck. The Jets already have a Mouton in Mauga or Magua or w/e his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    well- i was hoping terminatorjet would be around...with his vast knowledge of the pigskin he certainly would have nailed it....lol

anyway- JONAS MOUTON/MICHIGAN

Jonas fukin Mouton- go figure....a solid weakside linebacker at michigan who regularly got annihilated at the point of attack against the run, measure 6-1/239 at the comnbine and could not run faster than a 4.84 (though he had a slight leg issue)....the Jets have been calling him daily and are looking at him as an ILB....

late round guy- yet surprising none the less....
    Just asking..when you say they are calling him daily..what is the purpose of doing that? How common/uncommon is a daily call to a prospect?

Makes sense, his scouting report says his strengths are dropping into coverage, the Jets were looking for a 3rd ILB that can cover.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just asking..when you say they are calling him daily..what is the purpose of doing that? How common/uncommon is a daily call to a prospect?
    much more common than people know....the daily calling usually takes the place of flying the guy in for an interview...