Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN: Hispanic growth in United States ahead of estimates

Banned

CNN: Hispanic growth in United States ahead of estimates

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/03/15/census.hispanics/

Hispanic Growth in United States Ahead of Estimates

By the CNN Wire Staff
    March 15, 2011 -- Updated 1305 GMT (2105 HKT)

(CNN) -- The growth of the Hispanic population in the United States is outstripping pre-census estimates, the Pew Hispanic Center report released Tuesday says.

"The number of Hispanics counted in the 2010 Census has been larger than expected in most states for which the Census Bureau has released detailed population totals so far," the report says.

The Census Bureau has released its tally of Hispanics in 33 states.

"Those states' combined Census 2010 total of 38.7 million Hispanics was higher by 590,000 people," the report says. Data on the remaining states will be released by the end of March.

Last month, a Pew Hispanic Center report said a two-year decline in the unauthorized immigrant population in the United States had leveled off.

A rebounding economy may be a counteracting force, one of the study's authors, Jeffrey S. Passel, said.

"What we've seen historically is that when employment opportunities have increased, we've seen increased flows" to the United States, he said.

The economy in 2009 was better than in 2008, and indications are that the numbers will be even better for 2010, hinting that illegal immigration numbers could potentially creep back up, he said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    bad news for the GOP. in any general election brown beats gray... numbers-wise.

Hall Of Fame
    So....a group who pays near NOTHING in taxes, utilizes services at an above average rate is growing?

AWESOME!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    bad news for the GOP. in any general election brown beats gray... numbers-wise.
    you libs better be careful: Hispanics are more religious than the whiteys.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you libs better be careful: Hispanics are more religious than the whiteys.
    78% of Americans say they're Christian already. According to that number, "libs" should have never won and never will win an election ever.

3.2% of Americans say they're atheists. BUT WE HAVE SOOOOO MUCH POWER!!! WHOO-HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 03-17-2011 at 10:10 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    did you guys hear what a GOP rep in Kansas said this week?

"It might be a good idea to control illegal immigration the way the feral hog population has been controlled, with hunters shooting from helicopters."
    yeah that will endear yourself to the fastest growing demographic in the nation.

the GOP doesn't get beat by the democrats, they beat themselves.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So....a group who pays near NOTHING in taxes, utilizes services at an above average rate is growing?

AWESOME!
    Um dude. I know this is hard to believe, but many Hispanics pay taxes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Maybe they do to Spain, buddy

Hall Of Fame
    Ummm....as a CPA who has volunteered for years in my church actually assisting the latino community and has MANY clients with illegals, I can tell you, in general. They do NOT. Many do not file, have TIN,s not SS numbers and the ONLY tax MOST pay is social security withholding.

THAT is "The Reality". Unless you have some experience with illegals that I do not. But you know better.... You heard it on CNN.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    yeah that will endear yourself to the fastest growing demographic in the nation.
    Does Hispanic = Illegal Alien?

Because thats what you're saying.

And should, in your view, Immigration Policy be designed so that Politicians can "endear themselves" to a specific ethnicity, one who (according to you) is the primary factor in Illegal Immigration?

You may want to reconsider your post my friend.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Does Hispanic = Illegal Alien?

You may want to reconsider your post my friend.

and you yours... many illegals were granted amnesty by Ronald Reagan... many legal hispanics know of illegals if not related to illegals... shooting them like feral pigs is not a great statement

JetsInsider.com Legend
    and you yours... many illegals were granted amnesty by Ronald Reagan... many legal hispanics know of illegals if not related to illegals... shooting them like feral pigs is not a great statement
    Well Bit, you had your chance.

From now on, when you speak, we'll know YOU mean "Hispanic = Illegal".

Guess we know who the racist is in this discussion. Most of us who want illegals deported and the law enforced want all illegals, regardless of ethnicity, handled the same.

You, on the other hand, clearly see illegals through the veil of race. You lefties are funny that way.

By the way, I'll get outraged over this righties foolish comment, as soon as YOU get equally outraged over every person who says "they're here, nothing can be done, live with it" which is an equally reprehensible, if more politically correct, reply to the issue of ILLEGAL Aliens.

Please note (unlike CNN or the other articles I've read today on this event), that we're discussing Illegal Aliens. Not Immigrants. Wanting the Law enforced is not "Anti-Immigrant", it's Pro-Law and Pro-Legal Immigration (of which I myself took part, btw).
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-17-2011 at 02:50 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Well Bit, you had your chance.

From now on, when you speak, we'll know YOU mean "Hispanic = Illegal".
    great... when you talk about enforcement I know you mean shooting them like feral pigs... from a helicopter. Glad we cleared that up.

man the deadliest game

JetsInsider.com Legend
    great... when you talk about enforcement I know you mean shooting them like feral pigs... from a helicopter. Glad we cleared that up.

man the deadliest game
    Well, I WAS a big fan of the movie "Zodiac"...

As I said, when you choose to meet me halfway:

-Stop saying "Anti-Immigrant" when thats not the issue at hand
    -Stop saying "Nothing Can Be Done, Live With It"
    -Stop saying Policy should be decided by Politicians engendering themselves to a specific ethnicty

Then I will happily denouce the "shoot them" rhetoric. Sorry Bit, but on this issue there simply isn;t alot of honesty or integrity on your side, just idealism (of the wouldn;t it be great if we lived in aperfect one-world no-countries, no broders system! variety).

All League
    did you guys hear what a GOP rep in Kansas said this week?

the GOP doesn't get beat by the democrats, they beat themselves.
    Thats a waste of gas! I was thinking along the lines of limiting immigration like there us to be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Then I will happily denouce the "shoot them" rhetoric.
    I don't really need anyone to denounce this rhetoric. Let the GOP keep it up, they might never win another general election.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't really need anyone to denounce this rhetoric. Let the GOP keep it up, they might never win another general election.
    Which is another way of saying you support the "do nothing", "Anti-Immigrant" dishonest side of the rhetoric, because you believe it pays your side specific political dividends and bolsters your sides political power.

You make this far too easy Bit, really.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ummm....as a CPA who has volunteered for years in my church actually assisting the latino community and has MANY clients with illegals, I can tell you, in general. They do NOT. Many do not file, have TIN,s not SS numbers and the ONLY tax MOST pay is social security withholding.

THAT is "The Reality". Unless you have some experience with illegals that I do not. But you know better.... You heard it on CNN.
    Hey amigo...you are using two words interchangeably.

Hispanic and illegal.

I'm sure you mean ILLEGALS don't pay taxes.

Not HISPANICS don't pay taxes. (which is what you said.)

At least I hope so.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey amigo...you are using two words interchangeably.

Hispanic and illegal.

I'm sure you mean ILLEGALS don't pay taxes.

Not HISPANICS don't pay taxes. (which is what you said.)

At least I hope so.
    Fair enough but considering that we haven't issued green cards since 1989 with SEVERE restrictions and difficulty, AND based on my first hand knowledge of this community, 90 percent of hispanics here since 1991 are illegal.... with the exception of their anchor babies who probably are posting on this site!!!

All Pro
    Yeah!