Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (R), Do You Want My Vote in 2012?

JetsInsider.com Legend

(R), Do You Want My Vote in 2012?

If so, nominae this man, whatever it takes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Petraeus

Romney? Huckabee? Newt? Palin (lol)?

No.

Nominate a REAL leader, and my vote is yours.

Otherwise, if a Romney/Palin type ticket is the ebst uyou can do, I'll be sitting thsi one out again, till you (R)'s get the message, the same old same old lifelongpolitican losers won't get you the Independant Vote.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I'd vote for him...just because he grew up in the same town I did. He graduated with my dad. Small world

Banned
    Need more information. Don't really know anything about him, politically.

All Pro

No.

Otherwise, if a Romney/Palin type ticket is the ebst uyou can do, I'll be sitting thsi one out again, till you (R)'s get the message, the same old same old lifelongpolitican losers won't get you the Independant Vote.
    What are you basing this on? Do you know his political beliefs? Sure his military credentials are impressive, but does that make him a good presidential candidate?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    What are you basing this on? Do you know his political beliefs? Sure his military credentials are impressive, but does that make him a good presidential candidate?
    Yes, Warfish, does the good Gen. Petraeus measure up to the impressive qualifications Obama had before kennyo7 voted for him?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Perhaps you should review his educational credentials in the supplied link, they're not weak either.

He is a leader, and a non-professional/non-politician. Personally, I think thats something we, as a nation, need at this juncture in history. Someone who will truly be different from the same old same old (of both sides), come at things from the perspective of a real outsider, and bring actual change (in mindset, if not neccessarily in a specific policy) from the ultra-slick, risk-averse, always playimng the polls and politics "leaders" of recent years.

I know he is generally Conservative (means you, Ken, could never support him regardless), but frankly there is more to it that policy positions for me. Policy is a role for Congress more than the Executive, and I'll vote for Congress based on policy. For the President I want more.

Obviously, I cannot speak to what you want, although I have my opinions on that, but I was not pleased with Bush, nor with Obama. I want a third, better, option than same old (R) and same old (D). A man who truly understands the single biggest issue to the US the past decade (War, Millitary, Security, and all that that encompasses), and who is a pure and gifted leader of men, a real leader of men, not a powerbroker of politics.

Since I'll never get the real third option, a third party, this is as close to that kind of option as I could hope for. No guarantees of course, he could (like Bush and Obama) generally suck. But I'd like to see him try, as opposed to say, Huckabee or Palin (lol).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    side note how does this guy not have a 5th star yet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Because neither Bush nor Obama has seen fit to give it to him?

Obama, in fact, technically demoted him by putting him in charge in Afghanistan.

All League
    So long as he is against foreign involvement. Stay the hell out the internal affairs of other countries.

Banned
    I think his next job will be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Yes, Warfish, does the good Gen. Petraeus measure up to the impressive qualifications Obama had before kennyo7 voted for him?
    Not saying he is less qualified than Obama. His resume is impressive indeed. But do you know what his political beliefs are. Do you know his stance on most issues? You dont because he never discusses them. What if he supports a universal health care system, amnesty to illegals, and is for same sex marriage. Will you still support him?

Im questioning why Fishthinks he is the guy to support when he doesnt know his stance on so many issues yet.

All Pro
    Perhaps you should review his educational credentials in the supplied link, they're not weak either.

He is a leader, and a non-professional/non-politician. Personally, I think thats something we, as a nation, need at this juncture in history. Someone who will truly be different from the same old same old (of both sides), come at things from the perspective of a real outsider, and bring actual change (in mindset, if not neccessarily in a specific policy) from the ultra-slick, risk-averse, always playimng the polls and politics "leaders" of recent years.

He will change as soon as gets to Washington. The lobbyists will force him to and he will have no choice unless he wants to commit political suicide and stand alone.

I know he is generally Conservative (means you, Ken, could never support him regardless), but frankly there is more to it that policy positions for me. Policy is a role for Congress more than the Executive, and I'll vote for Congress based on policy. For the President I want more.

How do you know this? He doesnt discuss his political views. Do you assume everyone in the military is automatically a political conservative? What is the "more" that you want?

Obviously, I cannot speak to what you want, although I have my opinions on that, but I was not pleased with Bush, nor with Obama. I want a third, better, option than same old (R) and same old (D). A man who truly understands the single biggest issue to the US the past decade (War, Millitary, Security, and all that that encompasses), and who is a pure and gifted leader of men, a real leader of men, not a powerbroker of politics.

Until you change the system, you will contnue to get the "same old". As long as lobbyists are allowd to line a politicians pockets and political campaigns cost millions, this is what you will get.

Since I'll never get the real third option, a third party, this is as close to that kind of option as I could hope for. No guarantees of course, he could (like Bush and Obama) generally suck. But I'd like to see him try, as opposed to say, Huckabee or Palin (lol).

Hall Of Fame
    lol - and so it begins....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not saying he is less qualified than Obama. His resume is impressive indeed. But do you know what his political beliefs are. Do you know his stance on most issues?
    His "stance" is somewhat meaningless. Congress passes the Law, not the President (somethign I know we've forgotten after Bush and Obama).

You dont because he never discusses them. What if he supports a universal health care system, amnesty to illegals, and is for same sex marriage. Will you still support him?
    Indeed, he doesn;t, a sign I respect (since his job is commanding the millitary right now, not politicing. This is part fo why I like him).

As for the issues, if he is Pro-Universal, he can tell me why I should support that, the argument would have to be very convincing given what I know of the UK System. If he's pro-Amnesty, I disagree in principle, but if it were combined with REAL reform of immigration Law and enforcement afterwards, I could be open-minded, but thats also not his call as President tbh, thats Congress. If he's for Same-Sex, I support that 100%, but again, Congress passes Law in our Country, not the King.

Im questioning why Fishthinks he is the guy to support when he doesnt know his stance on so many issues yet.
    Because I am utterly disgusted with both (D) and (R) and what our system has become. No one in the system can reform it. The only chance (and lets not be naive, it's a tiny chance) is for a striat-minded outsider, a Millitary Man of Principle, which I believe he is, to come in and at least try.

Who knows, he could be horribad too. But I'd give him a shot before Huckabee or Palin (or Obama or Clinton).

As to the change the system comment, I've posted how tha can be done.

But the people have to want it. Thus far, we clearly don't, because we vote on other things, like Abortion or Welfare, instead of voting for folks who promote the changes I mentioned.

JetsFan2012
    I think there have only been two 5-star generals in history.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    that wasn't a real question, paulie. it was the opening salvo for "Gen Betray-us: not smart enough to be a 5 star".

All Conservatives are stupid; that's what we've been told since Ford (and Nixon was a crook!).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Five, and none since 1950.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...United_States)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    that wasn't a real question, paulie. it was the opening salvo for "Gen Betray-us: not smart enough to be a 5 star".
    you don't know jack squat. I was seriously asking the question. He deserves his 5th star.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

No.

Has he made any statements on any policy issues besides Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Hall Of Fame
    you don't know jack squat. I was seriously asking the question. He deserves his 5th star.
    oh sure you were! Until he becomes the Republican candidate and its time for "SMEAR THAT CONSERVATIVE!" I know how you guys work....