Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradway at Temple pro-day

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Not a huge fan of Wilkerson... Don't hate him but there are some things that suggest he could bust. Not the most physical guy in the world and I dislike that considering he has to get his nose dirty at that position.

Excellent athleticism though. THat is why his upside is so high. Just not the strongest or the most physical guy in the world and that scares me.

If the JEts aren't interested, then it's because they see the same thing in games.

And I know exactly where Bradway lives, so I'm also not surprised that he's there.
    definitely more bark than bite at this point but if his bite was as bad as the bark he'd be a top 12 pick...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    definitely more bark than bite at this point but if his bite was as bad as the bark he'd be a top 12 pick...
    True.

But I hate taking a guy and hoping that overwhelming mentality to make plays just kicks in. I watch someone like Heyward on tape and see that he has that now which gets me excited. Same with someone like Kerrigan albeit a diff position.

What also hurts with Wilkerson is that Temple clearly doesn't really have their front 3 trying to get up field.. Very much read and react style and that sucks because we have our guys trying to get upfield immediately.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Not a huge fan of Wilkerson... Don't hate him but there are some things that suggest he could bust. Not the most physical guy in the world and I dislike that considering he has to get his nose dirty at that position.

Excellent athleticism though. THat is why his upside is so high. Just not the strongest or the most physical guy in the world and that scares me.

If the JEts aren't interested, then it's because they see the same thing in games.

And I know exactly where Bradway lives, so I'm also not surprised that he's there.
    Agree with this analysis on Wilkerson....his biggest plus by far is his frame, which is prototypical and projectable...that plus his athleticism makes him probably the most interesting first round 3-4 DE prospect...even moreso than Heyward...though I'd still take Heyward before him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Temple safety Jaiquawn Jarrett is scheduled to visit the New York Jets, New York Giants and the St. Louis Rams andis slated to conduct private workouts for the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Jarrett played in the Senior Bowl, displaying sound range and flexibility and aggressiveness against the run.

The 6-foot, 198-pounder ran the 40-yard dash between 4.54 and 4.62 seconds at the NFL scouting combine, bench pressing 225 pounds 14 times.

He also posted a 30-inch vertical leap, a 9-5 broad jump and a 4.14 in the 20-yard shuttle.

Jarrett was an all-conference selection and a three-year starter.

Last season, he was named the Owls' Most Valuable Player and named to the athletic department honor roll.

He recorded 74 tackles, two interceptions and two pass deflections, starting every game at free safety.

As a junior, Jarrett recorded 76 tackles, three interceptions and two fumble recovers.

During his sophomore year, he led the defense with 88 tackels to go with three interceptions and three fumble recoveries.

This isn't regarded as a strong safety class overall.

However, Jarrett has gotten high marks from draft analysts. He has been projected anywhere from the third round to the fifth round.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Patriots.html