Thread: Let there be a walkout!!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Let there be a walkout!!!!

Im sick to death of reading about the lockout.

[SIZE="5"][B]Owners are Greedy![/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][B]Some Players are Greedy![/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="7"]The fans suffer![/SIZE][/B]

Im sick of reading about it F*<k em all.

Ticket Prices are ridiculous, fan apparel is too expensive, and watching games on TV is too expensive.

These players and owners are making obscene money whilst the fans suffer and are expected to fork out constantly.

I always thought the Salary Cap was a great thing because it stopped teams going crazy on salary, but agents and players have found a way through it by holding out for crazy money so that one guy gets paid orbital amounts while a backup guy (who does a job) gets peanuts.

I live in the UK where the american style of agents has seeped into the game, unfortunately for us there is no salary cap in place because of EU law and this is causing teams to fold constantly. As far as im concerned i feel there needs to be a new system put into place.

I think every player should get a set amount regardless of fame or position.
    However if he produces during the season he will be given huge bonuses that are uncapped. This will cause players to perform better because they are playing for the reward of the money as well as the silverware.

In most companies people are payed a fair pay with incentives for performance, why should sport be no different?

I have seen my favorite sport (soccer) destroyed by agents demanding money that is beyond the clubs ability to pay, but some do in the hope of making the team better then they fold when it does not work out.

The NFL being a closed franchised league make it easier for the team to stay in business consistently without loosing money however the agents don't like this because they feel this is money they could be earning through players.

If the payment structure changed you would see more players who stayed at a team for longer because they would make money for playing well and would not be looking for that big money free agency move somewhere else.

In conclusion i believe players need to have a bigger piece of the pie, but i believe it needs to be spread around more instead of being spread between the elite and there agents. If a guy like Jones wants to pay huge performance extras that would be his choice if the guy at a team with small crowds wants to pay less that would be his choice.

All this lockout shows is one thing, everyone involved is just looking at the $$$$ no one give a dam about the people who supply the $$$$ thats [B][SIZE="5"]US THE FANS[/SIZE][/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. We should fire Schoddy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm inspired by your words. I'm going to stop watching movies because the actors get paid too much.

F*ck Tom Cruise.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3983228]I'm inspired by your words. I'm going to stop watching movies because the actors get paid too much.

F*ck Tom Cruise.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    and another thing

no more rock music for me

those greedy musicians make way too much money

what we need here is communism where everybody is equal except that some people (commissars and party members) are more equal than others

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you'll still watch when they resume play this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...i agree...everyone is greedy i tells ya...but i'll watch them when they come back...and will figure out something else to do when they don't...but won't ever pay Sar prices for any professional game again...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=estang74;3983496]you'll still watch when they resume play this year.[/QUOTE]

when the strike finally ended in 1982 there was this big push to make the stadiums empty for kick-off to show the owners and players how pissed off the fans were then enter the stadium after kick-off...

the Jets first game back after the strike was a home game against the Colts- the fukin place was rocking before kick-off...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3983506]when the strike finally ended in 1982 there was this big push to make the stadiums empty for kick-off to show the owners and players how pissed off the fans were then enter the stadium after kick-off...

the Jets first game back after the strike was a home game against the Colts- the fukin place was rocking before kick-off...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, American's are impulsive, I want it all, I want it now, I'll pay as much as it takes, MORE MORE MORE, idiots. They have no control over themselves, or their wallets. I see, I like, I must buy. Oh dang it, why oh why am I in so much credit card debt?! Why is life so cruel?! Hmm, well maybe you should improve your decision making, you mindless, money spending animals. Instead of spending thousands of dollars a year fattening up athletes and owners pockets (people who are laughing at you), try maybe DONATING some of it to something that's REAL (I realize some of you donate, but let's be real, most of you don't). I'm sure there's a kid in some third world country who's parents were just killed, sisters raped, and dog shot in the face. So STFU about "rich owners and players who want more." Where is that more coming from? YOU. Geez

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JacksonHtsJetFan;3983558]Yeah, American's are impulsive, I want it all, I want it now, I'll pay as much as it takes, MORE MORE MORE, idiots. They have no control over themselves, or their wallets. I see, I like, I must buy. Oh dang it, why oh why am I in so much credit card debt?! Why is life so cruel?! Hmm, well maybe you should improve your decision making, you mindless, money spending animals. Instead of spending thousands of dollars a year fattening up athletes and owners pockets (people who are laughing at you), try maybe DONATING some of it to something that's REAL (I realize some of you donate, but let's be real, most of you don't). I'm sure there's a kid in some third world country who's parents were just killed, sisters raped, and dog shot in the face. So STFU about "rich owners and players who want more." Where is that more coming from? YOU. Geez[/QUOTE]

+1 x infinity

edit:

is it bad that i laughed when i read "dog shot in the face"....was totally caught off guard by that

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3983566]+1 x infinity

edit:

is it bad that i laughed when i read "dog shot in the face"....was totally caught off guard by that[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all, humor is a good thing :) It's not like you were laughing at sisters being raped......... riiiiight? :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fag.

_

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course i will watch the Jets again next year. I just worry about how easy they walk out in US sports, i feel that agents are pushing in the long run for the salary cap to be dropped and when it finally is the same thing will happen that is happening in Soccer all over the world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3983596]Fag.

_[/QUOTE]

Stokes is on a roll.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stokes > a s***load of guys > me and you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walkout?

But then how am I supposed to see the game?:confused::confused::confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There can't be a walkout because there already is a lockout.

Most of the players are not making obscene amounts of money. $400K is comfortable but it's hardly obscene. Don't forget the chunk of taxes taken out of that, as if it was spread over a regular 40 yr career and not a 10 yr one. I don't even know that some owners are necessarily making obscene amounts of money. The investment of owning the team may have appreciated, but they'd have to sell the team to gain anything from that.

Possibly the large market ones are making 'obscene' amounts, but despite revenue sharing rules they have obviously found a way to circumvent those rules and therefore are unwilling to let the small time owenrs see their books and find out they're screwing them, so they decide the players should 'share the revenue' instead. I dont' agree with revenue sharing in principle and don't think Woody or the Maras should be subsidizing the Jaguars or Bengals owners who make no investments and do nothing to grow their revenue. So in this lockout scheme the solution is even worse - get the players to subsidize the small owners. This is what is being asked, and this is just wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VinnyTestaverde'sNiece;3984166]There can't be a walkout because there already is a lockout.

Most of the players are not making obscene amounts of money. $400K is comfortable but it's hardly obscene. Don't forget the chunk of taxes taken out of that, as if it was spread over a regular 40 yr career and not a 10 yr one. I don't even know that some owners are necessarily making obscene amounts of money. The investment of owning the team may have appreciated, but they'd have to sell the team to gain anything from that.

Possibly the large market ones are making 'obscene' amounts, but despite revenue sharing rules they have obviously found a way to circumvent those rules and therefore are unwilling to let the small time owenrs see their books and find out they're screwing them, so they decide the players should 'share the revenue' instead. I dont' agree with revenue sharing in principle and don't think Woody or the Maras should be subsidizing the Jaguars or Bengals owners who make no investments and do nothing to grow their revenue. So in this lockout scheme the solution is even worse - get the players to subsidize the small owners. This is what is being asked, and this is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get 400K from??

Average NFL Salary
    The median salary in the NFL in 2009 was roughly $770,000. In 2008 it was about $720,000. The Steelers have the highest median salary at $1.1 million, the Packers the lowest at $440,000

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not talking about the small guy, he will earn crap wages no matter what the cap size is.

If the cap is increased more money will flow to the elite players.
    I dont normally get annoyed by this stuff but the thought of a possible lockout because of money is ridiculous because it only effects the fans. The players will get their way eventually.

BTW i wrote this when i was drunk so maybe my emotions were running a little high.

And yes SAR actors are paid way too much money for what they do in Hollywood, but watching Charlie Sheen come apart live on TV has been worth every penny ;)