View Poll Results: Which 2nd year Jets get it done next year?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • TE Jeff Cumberland

11 13.92%
  • FB John Conner

40 50.63%
  • OT Vlad Ducasse

28 35.44%
  • RB Joe McKnight

36 45.57%
  • LB Brashton Satele

3 3.80%
  • DT Martin Tevaseu

3 3.80%
  • CB Kyle Wilson

48 60.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which 2nd year player steps up?

which 2nd year player steps up?

check all that apply

I voted Wilson. He has to eventually payoff and his rookie year wasn't that bad. I liked the way he played in Revis's absence.

Connor and Wilson have to step up this year the other guys I don't foresee getting too much action so the extent that they can "step up" will be limited IMO.

If none of these guys step up, the last draft will be a major bust.

I'm expecting DuCasse to step up, he has raw skill and technique should come with experience. I'm concerened about Wilson, some CBs never come around, I hope he is not one. Connor should be OK, FB is not that tough a position these days and the guy can block. He seems to fumble a bit too much though. As for Cumberland is whatever he does is a bonus.

All Pro
    lol mcknight.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3983370]lol mcknight.[/QUOTE]

I forgot all about McKnight. He had major bust written all over him, but then he had that killer game vs Buffalo. Maybe he will surprise us, it is possible.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3983372] then he had [B]a[/B] killer game vs [B]Buffalo[/B]. [/QUOTE]

ya... i'm not holding my breath.

Kyle Wilson, I think hes going to be a good #2 CB for a long time, I have not given up on him...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3983374]ya... i'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

Please tell us how you developed your personnel evaluation skills to suck a fine degree. Please call Mr.T immediately and tell him how you can judge talent better then he can. Maybe he will have you in place for the next draft and beyond. Thank you.

All League
    Conner will be a top 3 FB

Conner scares me the most bc of his size.. 5'11!!! He is the shortest jets FB that i can remember in a long time. Sowell was Bigger!!! I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a solid FB for the jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3983370]lol mcknight.[/QUOTE]

If he was a WR, you'd love him.

All League
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3983483]Conner scares me the most bc of his size.. 5'11!!! He is the shortest jets FB that i can remember in a long time. Sowell was Bigger!!! I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a solid FB for the jets.[/QUOTE]

don't see how height is relevant for a fb. also taller doesn't mean bigger.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3983492]If he was a WR, you'd love him.[/QUOTE]

lulz. only if he was 6'5.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3983425]Please tell us how you developed your personnel evaluation skills to suck a fine degree. [/QUOTE]

By being an a$$ on the internet. I don't think you needed a pair of gil brandt approved spectacles to notice Gholston sucked. I noticed McKnight's a jobber too. bye!

[QUOTE=Paradis;3983374]ya... i'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

McKnight had an amazing flash in that Buffalo game. Sometimes a rookie breaks through that wall, I'm hoping the Buffalo game is it. On the other hand, Wilson has not shown me much, still looking to break through that wall. Can he?
    Last edited by Heynowguy; 03-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.

[QUOTE=Woody56;3983437]Conner will be a top 3 FB[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it doesn't make much of a difference. Gone are the days when Richie Anderson had something like a 100 receptions in a season. The fullback is nothing but a extra blocker. That can be accomplised in a 2 TE set or using a 6th lineman. I like the Terminator, but the way we run it, FB is not an impact position.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3983542]lulz. only if he was 6'5.

By being an a$$ on the internet. I don't think you needed a pair of gil brandt approved spectacles to notice Gholston sucked. I noticed McKnight's a jobber too. bye![/QUOTE]

Here is the diff. Buffalo was a try out game for next year. McKnight rose to the occasion. Gholston came up empty, as usual.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3983350]I voted Wilson. He has to eventually payoff and his rookie year wasn't that bad. I liked the way he played in Revis's absence.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that bad??? I dont know what team/player u were watching all season but Wilson was a disaster...we gave him plenty of play week 1 and he got torched for PI after PI during Baltimore's only 2 scoring drives...He NEVER turned his head to find the ball and was demoted for Drew Coleman ever since then...He didnt get much playing time this season

I still believe he can be a #2 solid corner, but year 1 was bad.

I hope McKnight can step up but I have my doubts.

Voted for John Connnor...my favorite Connor play was on LTs 20 yard scamper at Denver...Connor lays out a defender and clears the path

[QUOTE=In Rex Ryan We Trust;3983560]Wasn't that bad??? I dont know what team/player u were watching all season but Wilson was a disaster...we gave him plenty of play week 1 and he got torched for PI after PI during Baltimore's only 2 scoring drives...He NEVER turned his head to find the ball and was demoted for Drew Coleman ever since then...He didnt get much playing time this season

I still believe he can be a #2 solid corner, but year 1 was bad.

I hope McKnight can step up but I have my doubts.

Voted for John Connnor...my favorite Connor play was on LTs 20 yard scamper at Denver...Connor lays out a defender and clears the path[/QUOTE]

Wilson has not shown anything really. McNight had that super game. I'm giving the nod to McKnight, based on the evidence.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;3983557]The problem is that it doesn't make much of a difference. Gone are the days when Richie Anderson had something like a 100 receptions in a season. The fullback is nothing but a extra blocker. That can be accomplised in a 2 TE set or using a 6th lineman. I like the Terminator, but the way we run it, FB is not an impact position.[/QUOTE]

The FB is heavily used in the offense in ways that an extra OL or TE cant be. They may not carry or receive the ball (that job is now reserved for 3rd down backs), but they clear the holes for the RB...maybe a TE could do the same thing if needed, but a FB's job is way different than inline blocking.