2 11.76%
  • Mark Ingram, RB

0 0%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

3 17.65%

Thread: JI Consensus Draft: #14 St. Louis Rams

All Pro

JI Consensus Draft: #14 St. Louis Rams

1) CAROLINA PANTHERS D'Quan Bowers, DE (Clemson)
    2) DENVER BRONCOS Marcell Dareus, DT (Alabama)
    3) BUFFALO BILLS Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M)
    4) CINCINNATI BENGALS A.J. Green, WR (Georgia)
    5) ARIZONA CARDINALS Blaine Gabbert, QB (Missouri)
    6) CLEVELAND BROWNS Julio Jones, WR (Alabama)
    7) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS Patrick Peterson, CB (LSU)
    8) TENNESSEE TITANS Nick Fairley, DT (Auburn)
    9) DALLAS COWBOYS Prince Amukamara, CB (Nebraska)
    10) WASHINGTON REDSKINS Cam Newton, QB (Auburn)
    11) HOUSTON TEXANS Robert Quinn, DE (North Carolina)
    12) MINNESOTA VIKINGS Ryan Mallett, QB (Arkansas)
    13) DETROIT LIONS Tyron Smith, OT (USC)
    14) ST. LOUIS RAMS ??

All League
    smith. only pick that makes sense..

i voted Watt but Corey Liuget also fits their D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we redo this?

How did Bowers go #1?

I went with Watt, but I have to +1 the redoing this post. Bowers is a really good prospect with a strong background...top recruit...got better every year in college...no real character issues...injury problems aren't major but he probably won't go first overall because of them...unless his pro day is ridiculous.

I can see JJ Watt as a Ram.

Cameron Jordan

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Cameron Jordan
    Good choice. Forgot him.

Guys, re starting over, etc., I think it's a little late. People voted for Bowers, rightly or wrongly, after seeing his combine results and knowing his medical history. Consensus drafts don't mean perfect drafts. But they do show how teams can get off on a beam by committee. One thing this consensus draft is telling me is that there are some teams who may want desperately to trade up or down, if things fall anything like this draft. This could be a very unpredictable draft, given the flatness of the talent pool in the first round.

^^ Bowers didn't work out at the combine.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    ^^ Bowers didn't work out at the combine.
    Like I said, after Bowers failed to work out at the combines....

It was so long ago I didn't remember.

Castonzo......need to protect your Q.B. Since 2 top WR's off board,take best T left. Could even see Ingram as heir to Steven Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Castonzo......need to protect your Q.B. Since 2 top WR's off board,take best T left. Could even see Ingram as heir to Steven Jackson.
    Rams have spent money on a C and LG in FA, the #2 pick overall on a T, and a 2nd on their starting LT last year.

Oy forgot about Cameron Jordan... totally woulda picked him... womp

Jonathan Baldwin a bit early but they need a WR in the worst way and he is pretty good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Jonathan Baldwin a bit early but they need a WR in the worst way and he is pretty good here.
    I think they will take Green or Jones if they fall, but I don't see them "reaching" for a WR after those two are off the board. They drafted Alexander last year to be that number one guy (which remains to be seen if he will be). They have Avery coming back, Amendola proved to be productive, they drafted Gilyard, Clayton broke out after coming over, Robinson and Gibson did alright for them as well. They have lots of guys there, the problem is health. If anything maybe they take a TE like Rudolph, although I wouldn't take him mid first or, as another poster referred, take Ingram to be the heir to Jackson, who's contract is up after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    I think they will take Green or Jones if they fall, but I don't see them "reaching" for a WR after those two are off the board. They drafted Alexander last year to be that number one guy (which remains to be seen if he will be). They have Avery coming back, Amendola proved to be productive, they drafted Gilyard, Clayton broke out after coming over, Robinson and Gibson did alright for them as well. They have lots of guys there, the problem is health. If anything maybe they take a TE like Rudolph, although I wouldn't take him mid first or, as another poster referred, take Ingram to be the heir to Jackson, who's contract is up after this year.
    Alexander? They didn't draft an Alexander last year. They do have Danario Alexander but he is far from a #1. Avery is average at best. Maybe a OK #2 but nothing special and the same can be said for Clayton. Nether are guys that are going to have a great season and both are under 6ft. If either of them broke 1k yards I'd be shocked. Gilyard is a slot and STs guy they knew that when they drafted him. Even when all there WRs where out he still didn't get a lot of play. Amendola I like a lot but he is a QB transition much like Smith. Could he be the next Ward? Not likely and no team will bet on it.

I know it seems like a push but if you look at his potential it really is not. If not for the questions of his attitude he would be a solid 1st rounder. He has much better hands then either Hankerson or Smith and has better size. I like Hankerson more but Baldwin has more to offer overall. There are a few WRs you could see much earlier then people think right now and would fit a big need in SL who needs more then just a bunch of speedy WRs.