Thread: WHAT IF the draft wenteth like thisith for Los Yets?

WHAT IF the draft wenteth like thisith for Los Yets?

1: Akeem Ayers - Offers versatility and possibly even behind the LOS playmaking ability. He's comfortable in space.

3: Kelvim Sheppard - ILB prospect.

4: Kendrick Ellis - The mf'n man boooooooooieeeee.

5: Jerrell Powe - Talented enough to go higher, but no helium for a while. Probably ends up in this range, which sucks because he play.

6: Alex Henery - Kicker.

7: Mistral Raymond - S. Florida FS prospect.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 03-19-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Are you on crack lol?? Absolutely hate the 1st and 3rd, but absolutely loved the stuff after that. I'd rather have Ballard in the 1st and take an OLB in the 3rd. Don't really think ILB is much of a need.

All Pro
    I don't know what it is, but I really don't like Ayers. Probably my least preferred option for an OLB in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Are you on crack lol?? Absolutely hate the 1st and 3rd, but absolutely loved the stuff after that. I'd rather have Ballard in the 1st and take an OLB in the 3rd. Don't really think ILB is much of a need.
    Would take Ayers a hundred times over Ballard.

Ballard is just too OK sitting outside on plays.

Ayers has EXCELLENT athleticism. Higher upside than someone like Kerrigan just based on how athletic he is. Watched the entire Texas game, even disregarding the actual sacks he got and it's really impressive.

And I'm a fan of Sheppard as well. Big thumper, the only question is whether he can play on 3rd downs. I think he's a better athlete than just being a 2 down player, but he's not going to be an improvement over Scott or Harris as far as coverage goes. I do think Sheppard is going to be a good player though.

I like a lot of the guys on your list so I'd be extremely happy with that draft.

All League
    not really a fan

All Pro
    Would like to see a WR in there somewhere, maybe in place of Ellis, but the Ayers, Sheppard, and Powe picks...

I didn't think Ayers was a real olb prospect but if he is then go for it. However even if the 2nd guy is good what are we going to do with Harris and scott? We'd still have holes in the same place as we have now.

Sorry I should clarify that I the crack reference had more to do with how he posted and not what he posted lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Would take Ayers a hundred times over Ballard.

Ballard is just too OK sitting outside on plays.

Ayers has EXCELLENT athleticism. Higher upside than someone like Kerrigan just based on how athletic he is. Watched the entire Texas game, even disregarding the actual sacks he got and it's really impressive.

And I'm a fan of Sheppard as well. Big thumper, the only question is whether he can play on 3rd downs. I think he's a better athlete than just being a 2 down player, but he's not going to be an improvement over Scott or Harris as far as coverage goes. I do think Sheppard is going to be a good player though.

I like a lot of the guys on your list so I'd be extremely happy with that draft.
    I put more money on him becoming a good player than I do Ayers. Pretty much the ideal 3-4 ILB physically and he was the next best player on the LSU D after Peterson IMO.

Your last sentence sums up how I feel about this one. I can do without Ayers, but everyone else is a player I'm fairly high on.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 03-19-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I didn't think Ayers was a real olb prospect but if he is then go for it. However even if the 2nd guy is good what are we going to do with Harris and scott? We'd still have holes in the same place as we have now.
    Improving the speed in the front 7 is never a bad thing, and a decent way to hide holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Improving the speed in the front 7 is never a bad thing, and a decent way to hide holes.
    Yeah but you never answered my Q

Is Ayers an olb in a 3-4? If so I'm fine with him but then we have your 2nd pick, harris and scott. Still no new blood at DE and I was under the impression that Ayers was not a pass rushing demon. Not disputing that they may not be good players.

Ayers in a 3-4 is both an ILB and an OLB prospect...depends on the D and what you want to do with him...not a typical college DE gone OLB prospect, but it could happen...
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 03-20-2011 at 02:41 AM.