Thread: Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Banned

Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua

Great fight but i got Jones hes so long and lanky and strong hes quick too good fight but Jones by tko round 2

I will never count Shogun out. Great jiu jitsu amazing stand up but Jones seems like a gsp where he will reign for a long time. He demolished and controlled Bader like a child.

I went to the fights, and it was my first live UFC show.

Sitting in the upper deck of Prudential Center, during the stand-up you can see everything clearly, but when the fight got to the ground I has to watch on the screens.

That being said, UFC is one of the best live events I've been to, including NFL games. The crowd was into every fight from the first prelim to the main event.

I was happy to see Jon Jones' coronation and Urijah Faber start his UFC career with a win. Bones Jones reminds me of a young Anderson Silva, and should be a star in this sport for years to come.

All League
    Sad to see Shogun get thoroughly dominated.

Joe Rogan said it was the Machida era but its definitely the Jones era. That kid is special, I want to see him fight Anderson Silva. Like now

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Sad to see Shogun get thoroughly dominated.

Joe Rogan said it was the Machida era but its definitely the Jones era. That kid is special, I want to see him fight Anderson Silva. Like now
    yead sad to see a classy fighter like Rua in a one sided beating, but he's dished out more than his fair share of punishment. He battered guys like Overeem.

Jones just looks so dominant right now. He even threw a front kick straight out of Silva's armoury that clipped Shogun. Looks like him and Rashad are going to get it on soon

Not to take anything away from Jones, but Rua looks like he still has not recovered from his injury. He looked a lot like he did against Forrest Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Not to take anything away from Jones, but Rua looks like he still has not recovered from his injury. He looked a lot like he did against Forrest Griffin.
    yeah I see what u mean. Sad to see him look shot like that