Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock and Resignings

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm with you. I've been dreaming that Heyward would fall to the Jets, but if it actually becomes Heyward vs. Kerrigan, I think I go Kerrigan. Having a pass rusher added to this defense is too important to pass up, IMO. Not that we don't need a guy like Heyward - we do - but there seem to be so few legit pass rushers in this draft.
    Lord that would be an evil situation. I'd go Heyward, after digging into his film he shows flashes of Seymour (for me and gato at least lol) when he is healthy. If he can come be anything like that, he'll boost the pass rush a lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Seriously Dreamers, did you just say that clowney WHO ISNT EVEN IN FOOTBALL and Chasni Stuckey are better options then Braylon Edwards?

That is one of the poorest obvservations Ive ever seen on this board.

Bit...hear ya on Herzlich, I just think it takes 2 years to recover from missing a season and the kid is definitely gonna put in the time and effort. Anything specific from the senior bowl? Curious more then anything
    Clowney ended the season on the field believe. It was in Carolina though. And bad or not it doesn't change the fact Edwards is bad too. If I'm gonna take a guy just because he has experience I'm gonna go with the cheaper option. A polished turd is still just a turd. Why anyone still thinks he is a viable #1 is beyond me. He has had one good season in his career. This is not a rookie WR he has been in the league a long time and has done little to nothing. He is and will be over paid and is dead weight on any team. I do not want him back. Let him stink up anther team.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 03-22-2011 at 08:21 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Clowney ended the season as a starter believe it or not. It was in Carolina though. And bad or not it doesn't change the fact Edwards is bad too. If I'm gonna take a guy just because he has experience I'm gonna go with the cheaper option. A polished turd is still just a turd. Why anyone still thinks he is a viable #1 is beyond me. He has had one good season in his career. This is not a rookie WR he has been in the league a long time and has done little to nothing. He is and will be over paid and is dead weight on any team. I do not want him back. Let him stink up anther team.
    So a starter on a team whose previous starters were both late round rookies who were terrible....ok.

We have been a run first team with a rookie or 2nd year QB in Braylon's 2 seasons here. While he had a few drops in 2009, he was fixed that problem this year and had multiple HUGE catches for this team. He is tall, fast, opens up the entire field and is an excellent downfield blocker.

To compare him and clowney is a disgrace.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney ended the season on the field believe. It was in Carolina though. And bad or not it doesn't change the fact Edwards is bad too. If I'm gonna take a guy just because he has experience I'm gonna go with the cheaper option. A polished turd is still just a turd. Why anyone still thinks he is a viable #1 is beyond me. He has had one good season in his career. This is not a rookie WR he has been in the league a long time and has done little to nothing. He is and will be over paid and is dead weight on any team. I do not want him back. Let him stink up anther team.
    Congrats.

You have successfully made the most moronic evaluation I've ever read on this board... that is quite an accomplishment considering some of the idiots who post/used to post here.

At least now everyone knows not to take your opinions seriously anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So a starter on a team whose previous starters were both late round rookies who were terrible....ok.

We have been a run first team with a rookie or 2nd year QB in Braylon's 2 seasons here. While he had a few drops in 2009, he was fixed that problem this year and had multiple HUGE catches for this team. He is tall, fast, opens up the entire field and is an excellent downfield blocker.

To compare him and clowney is a disgrace.
    That about sums it up.

Braylon has been huge for the Jets, and a really great addition to the team. He's bought into the team concept, plays hard, makes big plays at key times, and blocks like a beast for his team-mates.

Clowney? He can run quite fast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF has clowney done ever during the regular season??? In what universe can even be compared to Edwards. Oh, and if Edwards hates physical contact so much, why did he drag a DB into the endzone during the NE playoff game. Also Holmes is easily replaceable? Really?? Explosive #1 receivers are just waiting around to be picked up... right please join the hampur your thoughts will be received with great joy there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    WTF has clowney done ever during the regular season??? In what universe can even be compared to Edwards. Oh, and if Edwards hates physical contact so much, why did he drag a DB into the endzone during the NE playoff game. Also Holmes is easily replaceable? Really?? Explosive #1 receivers are just waiting around to be picked up... right please join the hampur your thoughts will be received with great joy there.
    Holmes is not easy to replace I want him back. I'm just saying there are other option out there so if we do loose him it is not the end of the world. He is a top 15 WR and I love the guy. I just wouldn't be upset if we went in anther direction to save some money here. I just think he will command the kind of money Marshal made last year and I'm not sure that is the right move for any team. Contracts like that at WR can cripple a team on the cusp. It is a nice plus but not a necessity.

There are a lot of good options out there this year that can be had for much less. A step down yes but I like our core regardless. LT, Keller, Cotchery, and Smith are all good targets IMO. Add even a viable #1 to that group and there are quite a few teams that can get it done with a LOT less. We are in no way on the verge of being the worst receiving core in the league.

Edwards is just not as good as you guys seem to think he is. Yes he has the potential to be a good starter but has yet to show he has the mind set IMO. He can be a good slot but why pay starter money for that? We needed his skill set when we traded for him but he has outlived his use. What you saw this year was the best he is and face it it wasn't all that good. WOW he makes plays yeah but he is flat out unreliable. He is just not the kind of guy that will be there every play. If not for the latest DUI I would give him credit, he was showing he could be a roll model and leader. Something many questioned when he came here.

Cotch was, is and will be our guy and I stand by him as our #2. Edwards can block I never said he couldn't. He does however still brace for tackles before catching the ball which is why he has so many drop passes. Because of that most of what he does is run deep passes relying on his speed which has diminished a bit. Edward was the #3 pick in the draft that never lived to his potential I would rather have a guy that plays like he has something to prove in that 3 spot. Just don't see the value in keeping him is all.

To get back to the point thou a #3 WR is easy to replace and is not more important then a key player like Smith that does multiple roles. Find a group of hungry guys and have them fight it out for the 3rd spot IMO. Smith has done everything we have asked him to do sense we drafted him and should get the respect he deserves. Rex has done nothing but praise the guy so why would he just pass him off to the comp like he did Woodhead. He will likely not be asking for crazy money so why would he be on your cut list. That is just insane. Resign him for doing his job and stand by the guys you drafted. Yes you go for stars like Holmes and Ellis 1st but overall you want to have Smith back just as much. He is an important part of the team No just anther product of a coordinator. We have been lucky over the years in ST you cant expect that to continue forever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude he dropped 4 passes THE WHOLE YEAR. That's pretty consistent in my eyes. Also the fact that you want to put a 6'4" physical receiver w/ deep speed shows how uninformed you are. Find me a team that does that. You are severely overrating the importance of Brad Smith. Go try finding an available receiver with Edwards' height, speed, production, and physicality. On the other hand we can get Wallace Wright as a gunner, Westoff manufactures kick off returners as has been chronicled in this thread, and there at the end of the day the wildcat is a gimmick, effective when done, but we could live without it.