Thread: Jags done with Sims-Walker?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jags done with Sims-Walker?

sorry if this has already been posted. didnt see it. this is the first time I saw this.

[url]http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Marcedes-Lewis-signs-franchise-tender-Jason-Hill-signed-SimsWalker-out.html[/url]

[quote]Jacksonville Jaguars Pro Bowl tight end Marcedes Lewis signed his one-year, non-exclusive $7.3 million franchise tender.

Lewis led the team last season with a career-high 10 touchdown receptions, catching 58 passes for 700 yards.

The 10 receiving touchdowns tied a single-season franchise record and he recorded two touchdowns in three different games.

Meanwhile, the team announced reserve wide receiver Jason HIll has been signed to a new deal

And wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker has acknowledged that his time is ending in Jacksonville.

He's a very fast, explosive downfield threat, but hasn't lived up to expectations as far as conforming to team rules and performing on a consistent basis.

"“its official," Sims-Walker wrote on his Twitter account. "I personally wanna thank all the fans who stuck with me in jacksonville for the last 4 years but sorry to say my time is up!!”

A sixth-year pro from UCLA, Lewis became the first tight end in franchise history to be voted to the Pro Bowl.

He was the only player on the team with multiple receptions in all 16 games. He ranked second on the team with 88 passes thrown his way and 37 receptions resulting in first downs.

A first round pick in 2006, Lewis has 181 career receptions for 2,224 yards and 17 touchdowns.

The 17 receiving touchdowns are the fourth-most in Jaguars history while his 2,224 receiving yards are the second-most among tight ends.[/quote]

if we lose Edwards to FA (I pray we dont) then perhaps this could be an adequate substitute. I dont understand why they would part ways with him.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8333[/url]

thats his stats page.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect for the slot sucks he prolly wants to be #2 somewhere at the least.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    F*CK NO.

This is old news, and no i would not be interested in overpaying that guy. His knees are held together by staples at this point.

2 more seasons and he's out of the league for good. Javon Walker style.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks, this guy is yet another head case.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sims-Walker is a legitimate starting receiver in the NFL.

He'll go elsewhere for $5-7 million a year.