Thread: Off Topic/South Carolina

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Off Topic/South Carolina

Just curious if anyone here knows anything about the Hilton Head Island/Beaufort area?
    My wife & I are thinking of taking a vacation there with the thought of looking at retiring in the area.
    Any info would be cool.
    I know that Jet fans seem to be everywhere & are pretty knowledgable when it comes to real estate.

Thanks in advance
    Jetster & the wife

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    just got back yesterday from a week there, my third vacation in HHI

great place, overall, and spectacular for golf, bicycling, beaches and also some terrific restaurants. I stayed at a Marriott's Surf Watch but have stayed at their Grande Ocean and Monarch on previous places.

Go

You won't regret it

If you decide to go, PM me and I can give you more details and especially my newly discovered BEST place to eat on the island

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3985085]just got back yesterday from a week there, my third vacation in HHI

great place, overall, and spectacular for golf, bicycling, beaches and also some terrific restaurants. I stayed at a Marriott's Surf Watch but have stayed at their Grande Ocean and Monarch on previous places.

Go

You won't regret it

If you decide to go, PM me and I can give you more details and especially my newly discovered BEST place to eat on the island[/QUOTE]

Which place did you think was best? I went a couple summer's ago...can't remember too many restaurant names but maybe if you say it I will remember.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    only opened 7 months ago.

called "A Low Country Backyard" --- saw it got great reviews on tripadvisor and like some said --- hard to find (even using a GPS) but so good I went back again

don't miss it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3985223]only opened 7 months ago.

called "A Low Country Backyard" --- saw it got great reviews on tripadvisor and like some said --- hard to find (even using a GPS) but so good I went back again

don't miss it[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if/when we go back. One place if I remember correctly was pretty good, was a real small restaurant that is located in an art gallery. Have you been?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Studio

good place also

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3985085]just got back yesterday from a week there, my third vacation in HHI

Go

You won't regret it

If you decide to go, PM me and I can give you more details and especially my newly discovered BEST place to eat on the island[/QUOTE]

Thanks Man, I'll take you up on that when we get our plans together.
    Appreciate it,
    Duane

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have been ...many times. sg's advice is good.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you have a drink at "Pool Bar Jim's" located pooside at Marriott's Grande Ocean resort which is just outside Sea Pines. All his tropical drinks are made with fresh fruit.

We've been going to HHI since the mid 80's and love it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have vacationed years ago at HHI. Great.
    Suggest you visit Charleston on your trip also. We did and bought a home, and now live here exclusively. More to do, better restaurants and more of them, college and pro sports, historic. Theater and the arts. The entire year round package. Depends on what you want. Plenty of golf (first course in the US) and voted #1 tennis city in America. Plus 10 years running the most polite city in the US.
    But it is a city and along with that goes the good and bad of a city as far as a permanent home.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3985546]Have vacationed years ago at HHI. Great.
    Suggest you visit Charleston on your trip also. We did and bought a home, and now live here exclusively. More to do, better restaurants and more of them, college and pro sports, historic. Theater and the arts. The entire year round package. Depends on what you want. Plenty of golf (first course in the US) and voted #1 tennis city in America. Plus 10 years running the most polite city in the US.
    But it is a city and along with that goes the good and bad of a city as far as a permanent home.[/QUOTE]

Charleston is a great city.....I would definitely consider living there one day. Buncha friends from my college are from Charleston so I've been over there plenty of times.

One of my friends is also from Bluffton (right outside Hilton Head).....Awesome area as well......If I were planning to retire, I would check out HH for sure

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    HH is one of my favorite places, my grandparents lived down there, in Sea Pines plantation. The main harbor down there is very nice, I think the name of the PGA course is Harbor Town, definitely a place I will consider when I retire.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Charleston these days

PM me if you need info on Chs or HHI