Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 121

Thread: 2011 New York Red Bulls

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scranton
    Posts
    147
    Big game tomorrow. Playing in LA is always tough, but the bulls have been coming through as of late

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Alphabet View Post
    Big game tomorrow. Playing in LA is always tough, but the bulls have been coming through as of late
    Yea, really looking forward to this game. Sucks that the game isn't on until 11 pm. Hope the late start plus the long trip across the country doesn't throw them off. Should be an interesting game. Probably the toughest test of the season so far. I expect LA to really come at them so hopefully the defense continues its great play and they can generate some good chances off the counter attack.

    Btw, I was in Scranton last weekend. My best friend goes to school at University of Scranton so I've been heading up there a few times a year for the past 4 years. Always a great time.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 05-06-2011 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scranton
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, really looking forward to this game. Sucks that the game isn't on until 11 pm. Hope the late start plus the long trip across the country doesn't throw them off. Should be an interesting game. Probably the toughest test of the season so far. I expect LA to really come at them so hopefully the defense continues its great play and they can generate some good chances off the counter attack.

    Btw, I was in Scranton last weekend. My best friend goes to school at University of Scranton so I've been heading up there a few times a year for the past 4 years. Always a great time.
    Oh nice, I go to Marywood, college across town. I love it, but the party scene is pretty dead there so we head to the U of scranton every so often.

    How do you plan on watching the game? Do you watch it on tv, because I don't have the right channels, and if you have a place online you go that would be cool. I use atdhe but that doesn't always have mls games

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Alphabet View Post
    Oh nice, I go to Marywood, college across town. I love it, but the party scene is pretty dead there so we head to the U of scranton every so often.

    How do you plan on watching the game? Do you watch it on tv, because I don't have the right channels, and if you have a place online you go that would be cool. I use atdhe but that doesn't always have mls games
    Yea, I live right outside NYC so I get all the games on MSG. I believe the game tomorrow is on ESPN2 so you should be able to get it on TV.

    I've heard of Marywood, but I've never been there. U of Scranton is always good. My buddy was on the soccer team so that may be the reason why, but it seems like a great party school, especially considering the small size.

  5. #45
    I'll take that draw. On the road in a tough environment against a very tough team.

    Despite my displeasure with him early on in the season, Condoul has been fantastic lately. Don't remember exactly what minute it was, but he made that awesome, one-armed save in the second half.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scranton
    Posts
    147
    Yeah he was great. Lots of credit to Tim Ream too for that save. We might even have to count ourselves lucky for that draw haha

  7. #47
    Red Bulls playing a friendly against the Montreal Impact tomorrow night in Montreal. I expect Henry to play for at least a half tomorrow since he's the big attraction for the French, but other than that it should be all reserves. Match isn't televised, hopefully there will be a feed on the Red Bulls website or something.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Red Bulls playing a friendly against the Montreal Impact tomorrow night in Montreal. I expect Henry to play for at least a half tomorrow since he's the big attraction for the French, but other than that it should be all reserves. Match isn't televised, hopefully there will be a feed on the Red Bulls website or something.
    It will be on impactmontreal.com

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    It will be on impactmontreal.com
    Sweet, thanks.

  10. #50
    Only saw the first half, but they looked pretty bad. Luckily, it was only a friendly.

  11. #51
    Chivas at RBA tonight.

  12. #52
    Ughhh, that's a really bad loss. Defense was totally clueless tonight.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Ughhh, that's a really bad loss. Defense was totally clueless tonight.
    Horrible game. The midweek friendly was a bad choice.

    Were you in the building? Must have been a ****ty game to be at with the power outage and then the bad result.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Horrible game. The midweek friendly was a bad choice.

    Were you in the building? Must have been a ****ty game to be at with the power outage and then the bad result.
    No, I wasn't, thankfully. Friendly definitely played into it, both Wednesday and tonight.

    Other than Marquez, the defense was just lost. I also don't think Tainio was 100% and that probably played into it, as well.

    Even though they scored 2 goals, I wasn't very pleased with what they did offensively. Seemed like they were relying on the long ball too much. Didn't have much pace and the passing was not crisp.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    No, I wasn't, thankfully. Friendly definitely played into it, both Wednesday and tonight.

    Other than Marquez, the defense was just lost. I also don't think Tainio was 100% and that probably played into it, as well.

    Even though they scored 2 goals, I wasn't very pleased with what they did offensively. Seemed like they were relying on the long ball too much. Didn't have much pace and the passing was not crisp.
    THat was true especially at the end of the game when they got desperate. It was a pretty exciting game to watch on television, and it was cool to watch in HDTV (I just got a new tv this week).

    The defense was hideous though, it was pretty stunning to watch, really.

  16. #56
    Was hoping for the win, but at least they grabbed a tie from the jaws of defeat on the road.

    It's going to a be a tough week. Only a few days before the Rapids visit RBA on Wednesday night and then have to go all the way out to Vancouver for a Saturday evening match.

  17. #57
    Crazy match for anyone who isn't watching. Should be a fun 2nd half.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,197
    So Henry played, saying that 3pts was a must. What now?

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Kind of a weird question; how is the fitness and conditioning of the Red Bulls compared to other teams in the league?

    Do you guys notice anything? For example do they finish the matches strong, coming from behind the last 15 minutes or do they come under a lot of pressure because they can't run? Or are they just average and you don't notice any difference?


    I ask because NYRB's trainer Scott Pirri who has a history with our new coach will most likely come over to us this summer. What do you guys think of him?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Kind of a weird question; how is the fitness and conditioning of the Red Bulls compared to other teams in the league?

    Do you guys notice anything? For example do they finish the matches strong, coming from behind the last 15 minutes or do they come under a lot of pressure because they can't run? Or are they just average and you don't notice any difference?


    I ask because NYRB's trainer Scott Pirri who has a history with our new coach will most likely come over to us this summer. What do you guys think of him?
    I guess I'd say they are right around the norm. Off the top of my head, I haven't really picked up on a pattern of how they tend to play late in the match. No complaints about the conditioning.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us