Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2011 New York Red Bulls

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, anyone know Rodgers' status for Sunday. Hopefully he is back.

Sucks that we'll be without Solli due to that red he got last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna get tix now. What abot Donovan's status? He playing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I'm gonna get tix now. What abot Donovan's status? He playing?
    From browsing a Galaxy message board, it appears Donovan and Ricketts are still questionable at this point and Keane is doubtful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Should be a blast. My friend bought 8 tickets and filled all the seats within an hour, only $25 bucks a piece too. I'm actually going to be heading to RBA from Bay Ridge on Sunday morning.
    Really? You spending Saturday night in Brooklyn or something?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Really? You spending Saturday night in Brooklyn or something?
    Yessir. My girlfriend lives in Bay Ridge so I've been there a lot the past few months.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So no Solli, and Rodgers...??? Galaxy might have Donovan, but no Keane. I saw Bulls dominate last time they met. Lineups may be significantly different this time.

I'm gonna head over early and visit Mmm-Bello's by 1pm. If any JI folks wander in I'll buy a shot of Powers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So no Solli, and Rodgers...??? Galaxy might have Donovan, but no Keane. I saw Bulls dominate last time they met. Lineups may be significantly different this time.

I'm gonna head over early and visit Mmm-Bello's by 1pm. If any JI folks wander in I'll buy a shot of Powers.
    I'll be at Bello's around 12:30 or 1 pm, as well. I'll be in a white Red Bulls jersey with a blue Red Bulls scarf (That really narrows down the choices, I know).
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 10-28-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Just back from Bello's. Play should be sloppy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really trying to buy into this sport, but how can your 2 top players get intentional red cards in crucial spots? The buzz around the area on game day is awesome, the stadium fantastic, but the sport itself leaves alot to be desired.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really trying to buy into this sport, but how can your 2 top players get intentional red cards in crucial spots? The buzz around the area on game day is awesome, the stadium fantastic, but the sport itself leaves alot to be desired.
    The Henry card was pretty bogus, but how stupid do you have to be to peg another player with a ball at the end of the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disappointing and frustrating outcome yesterday. The refs sucked, not even including the non-offsides call on the goal, which I personally think was a legitimate non-call anyway. That being said, Red Bulls squandered plenty of opportunities. It's not going to be easy to overcome this deficit. I think they realistically needed a 2 goal win yesterday.

Otherwise, had a great time at RBA. The South Ward brought it us usual and I went to Bello's for the first time. That was a lot of fun and the food there is great. $2 PBR's is right up my alley, as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The Henry card was pretty bogus, but how stupid do you have to be to peg another player with a ball at the end of the game.
    Agreed on both. Henry's should have been a yellow, at the most.

Marquez is just a douche and a headcase. I've seen enough of him in a Red Bulls uniform.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    In a sport where they reward drama he has to be smarter. Then you have Rafa who cares more about Mexico vs USA than the RBs. It just seems to be that maybe these guys would rather be doing something else this time of year.

I visit Bello's often. Manny the owner is a great cook. He and John the bartender share common RU-Newark ties.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-01-2011 at 01:22 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a sport where they reward drama he has to be smarter. Then you have Rafa who cares more about Mexico vs USA than the RBs. It just seems to be that maybe these guys would rather be doing something else this time of year.

I visit Bello's often. Manny the owner is a great cook. He and John the bartender share common RU-Newark ties.
    We got there a fairly early on Sunday, like 11:30, and ended up chatting him up for a few minutes. Seemed like a real cool dude. Did you end up going there before or after the match on Sunday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was down the end of the bar by 1pm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I was down the end of the bar by 1pm.
    I probably saw you and didn't even know it. I was at the end of the bar nearest the door with 7 friends the whole time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Will likely watch Jets @ Bello's sunday. Coming back from NB so Newark is a convenient hop off the train.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-02-2011 at 02:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do or die tonight with their backs up against the wall. Let's go RBNY!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disappointing season finished off by a very frustrating loss. The whole game changed when Tainio had to leave. Poor job of marking on the corner and we they burned by a former Metro/Red Bull player yet again, then a moronic foul in the box by Miller for the nail in the coffin. I feel for the guys who have been following this team since '96.

Oh, and **** you, Landon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Donovan is a USA player. At least he's not an actor like Becks and Magee. Besides, Rafa hurt us more than he did. Think I'll just go back to watching a couple game every 4 yrs. Henry has talent but no brains. Rodgers is the only guy worth watching on this team.