Thread: ~ ~ Jets are NFL's hot destination ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

~ ~ Jets are NFL's hot destination ~ ~

> [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/27267/rex-knows-jets-are-nfls-top-destination[/url]

[QUOTE]Clubs that reached the divisional playoff round weren't allowed to sign unrestricted free agents unless they dropped one of the same salary value. The Jets parted ways with reliable kicker [COLOR="Blue"]Jay Feely[/COLOR] to make room for outside linebacker [COLOR="Blue"]Jason Taylor[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

Sure wasn't worth it for one lousy season from Taylor.

That article is just such an awesome thing to see in print. Can you believe it? For years we had to listen to all this crap about players wanting to go play for Bill Bellichick. That turned my stomach. Now the truth comes out. Most players would much rather play for a personable guy with an infectious personality than some wet mop like BB. And as for it being pointed out that Rex hasn't won a ring yet? The point is, HE WILL. And everyone knows it.

Too bad we can't do anything to prove it with a lock out....

All Pro
    Just curious...how do you decide how many squiggly lines go into the thread title?

Like this one has 2 leading squiggly lines followed by the title followed by 2 more yet the Joe McKnight thread (Joe McKnight ~ ~ ~) has no preceding ~ and culminates in 3. Can you please enlighten me on this process?

Jets are coming!!!

[QUOTE=innerjet;3986486]Sure wasn't worth it for one lousy season from Taylor.[/QUOTE]

Jason Taylor earned his entire years salary on the Pittsburgh safety play.

[QUOTE=innerjet;3986486]Sure wasn't worth it for one lousy season from Taylor.[/QUOTE]

Taylor's sack on Brady in week 2 and his Safety vs. the Steelers were more than Feeley would have done for us. Plus Feeley is so annoying with his constant yapping in the media.

Folk wasn't great for us, but he didn't really cost us any games. Let's not forget that Feeley missed 2 FGs in the AFC championship game 2 years ago, while Folk made a clutch game winner vs. the same team this year.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3986834]Jason Taylor earned his entire years salary on the Pittsburgh safety play.[/QUOTE]yup :rockon:

[QUOTE=bitonti;3986834]Jason Taylor earned his entire years salary on the Pittsburgh safety play.[/QUOTE]

Big deal. We didn't win the game.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;3986891]Taylor's sack on Brady in week 2 and his Safety vs. the Steelers were more than Feeley would have done for us. Plus Feeley is so annoying with his constant yapping in the media.

Folk wasn't great for us, but he didn't really cost us any games. Let's not forget that Feeley missed 2 FGs in the AFC championship game 2 years ago, while Folk made a clutch game winner vs. the same team this year.[/QUOTE]

It's impossible to say what Feely could've/would've done for us.

Point is, now we don't have Taylor or Feely.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=innerjet;3987154]Big deal. We didn't win the game.

It's impossible to say what Feely could've/would've done for us.

Point is, now we don't have Taylor or Feely.[/QUOTE]

Taylor's safety was in the regular season game against the Steelers...We actually had one in each game with them last year. I believe DeVito had the one in the playoffs...

[QUOTE=Buldawg;3987194]Taylor's safety was in the regular season game against the Steelers...We actually had one in each game with them last year. I believe DeVito had the one in the playoffs...[/QUOTE]

Then you're saying DeVito had the safety in the bigger game. Figures.

Having Feely would've changed our FG strategy in numerous situations.

But don't bother agreeing with that - keep looking for any possible syllable to attack in my posts.

Reminds me of DCAT in the Brick thread. He argued a play he admittedly had ZERO recollection of, LOL! Why argue? He said he needed "to see a replay" to agree, but didn't need to see a replay to disagree. Go figure. Funny how that works. Arguments and rebuttals are free of charge, come with the meal. Agreements are extra, $3.95 and up per side dish, depends on the size.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=innerjet;3987234]Then you're saying DeVito had the safety in the bigger game. Figures.

Having Feely would've changed our FG strategy in numerous situations.

But don't bother agreeing with that - keep looking for any possible syllable to attack in my posts.

Reminds me of DCAT in the Brick thread. He argued a play he admittedly had ZERO recollection of, LOL! Why argue? He said he needed "to see a replay" to agree, but didn't need to see a replay to disagree. Go figure. Funny how that works. Arguments and rebuttals are free of charge, come with the meal. Agreements are extra, $3.95 and up per side dish, depends on the size.[/QUOTE]size matters ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3986778]Just curious...how do you decide how many squiggly lines go into the thread title?

Like this one has 2 leading squiggly lines followed by the title followed by 2 more yet the Joe McKnight thread (Joe McKnight ~ ~ ~) has no preceding ~ and culminates in 3. Can you please enlighten me on this process?[/QUOTE]

My question remains unanswered... :(

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3993764]My question remains unanswered... :([/QUOTE]
    are you still holding your breath ? ? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kelly;3994091]are you still holding your breath ? ? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Meh, just bored.